Delete

How Many Games Will The Lakers Win With Mike D'Antoni?

• 40-49...They're Going To Get Worse

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 50-59...Good Enough For A Solid Seed, Not Too Shabby

• 60-65...Top Seed and Impressive Record, Thumbs Up

• 66-70...Scary Good, All Teams Are Now Officially Scared

• 71+...Might As Well Cancel The Playoffs

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
We getting DRILLED today ya'll.

Please, do not overreact to it. This is what is known as a schedule loss. Anytime you play back to backs on the road, and the 2nd one is against a very tough team, in a historically tough place to play, you're going to lose. It happens, and it isn't the end of the world. So everyone stay cool tonight.

We get 2 days off after and then a home game against the Timberwolves without KLove on Thursday, focus on that game, and we're right back to a game under and within striking distance. Our next game after that is after another 2 days off, at home against Atlanta. We should get some decent rest this week, and have 2 winnable games at home to get us to .500 again.

This game, tonight, ain't one of those games. :lol:

Please, remember this tonight when we are down 25, it's ok. It happens.

If we lose tonight I'll understand.

Nah man...Eff that. We already used up all of those cards this season losing to teams we had no business losing to.

I want a win, and I expect a win. Every game is like a playoff game for us. We need urgency, we need energy, and we need to push through all of the doubt and fatigue that comes along with road trips.

I'm not going to "overreact" if we lose, but I still expect this team to play hard and give it a good fight. We cant afford to go out there looking lazy because they think fans will "understand" if they lose tonight. That's exactly the attitude that has us 1 game under .500 still.

Every game matters. Gotta fight through it right now. If they don't, they'll get plenty of rest with an early off-season.

Again, I'm not going to cry and moan if we lose...I'm used to the losses this season.
But I expect them to come out and make this a competitive game. Hopefully they understand that every team hates the Lakers. Teams are loving the opportunity to try to knock us out of playoff contention. They really are. So we gotta give it our A effort every night.

Leggo.

We getting DRILLED today ya'll.

Please, do not overreact to it. This is what is known as a schedule loss. Anytime you play back to backs on the road, and the 2nd one is against a very tough team, in a historically tough place to play, you're going to lose. It happens, and it isn't the end of the world. So everyone stay cool tonight.

We get 2 days off after and then a home game against the Timberwolves without KLove on Thursday, focus on that game, and we're right back to a game under and within striking distance. Our next game after that is after another 2 days off, at home against Atlanta. We should get some decent rest this week, and have 2 winnable games at home to get us to .500 again.

This game, tonight, ain't one of those games. :lol:

Please, remember this tonight when we are down 25, it's ok. It happens.

nah, kobe will check lawson. they get a couple days breaks after this, so theyll go balls out tonight. kobe will lock lawson then nash only has to focus on Basic Game. I think the lakers will win this. Every game is personal. I think dwight will come out strong too, he's not gonna let Shaqtin a Fool dog him again. Our games may be tired, but I think they can squeeze the juice out and get it done.

Damn wheres the faith at? The nuggets are good but ive seen them play terrible b4. When lawson n gallo shoots arent falling n javale tries to win the shaqtin a fool mvp they are very beatable esp with the situation we r in. I jus wish j hill was back bcuz manimal brings that energy every night n we need someone to match it. Hopefully metta goes back to earlier in the season metta

Well I definitely agree w/ CP's words... ...

... ... but what if, man? :smokin :D

We getting drilled tonight, y'all. :\

You guys are just backwards jinxing this.....

It only works so many times!

Faith nothin, be realistic folks. We ain't winnin 30 straight, this is a game you pencil L in BEFORE the season starts. It's a schedule loss. The 72 win Bulls had schedule losses. It happens every single year to EVERY team.

EVERY team guys, relax on the faith stuff, I ain't Deezy predictin losses every game. I know what I'm talkin about.

Last edited:
Faith nothin, be realistic folks. We ain't winnin 30 straight, this is a game you pencil L in BEFORE the season starts. It's a schedule loss. The 72 win Bulls had schedule losses. It happens every single year to EVERY team.

EVERY team guys, relax on the faith stuff, I ain't Deezy predictin losses every game. I know what I'm talkin about.

Truth.

BUT this is a game where I hope they can pull out a W. Hoping for the best but expecting the worst :smh: Gonna miss the 1st half of this game cause of an exam, I'm gonna need an update from this thread on my way home :lol:

You make things so dramatic though.
I swear.

Who said we're going to win 30 straight? WHO? I don't see any such dramatic comments being made.

All i said was theres no more room for error. If we lose, we lose. But it doesnt mean we shouldnt be out there making this game competitive.'

Why should we be okay with a 30 point blow-out tonight as fans? Why is that acceptable? Just because we're on a back-to-back on the road gives our players a pass to go out there and get blown out?

All im saying is they shouldnt feel so COMFORTABLE. They should still be pushed to play their best. Its going to be hard, hell its going to be tiring. We might very well lose just like you and PMatic are saying...

but why give the players a pass on tonight just because the next game is easier?
They are professional basketball players. Get your **** together and play hard tonight. If we lose, then we lose. But why just let them know "Oh we understand guys...you poor professionals who make millions of dollars...why dont you guys just rest tonight and let Ty Lawson run it down your throat every posession. We'll rest up and get ready for Minny. k guys?"

I just dont get that...thats all im saying.

You really think im saying we need to win the next 30? Im just saying we have to FIGHT HARD in the next 30 games...every single one.
Make it competitive, work hard, play team ball, and win as many as we can.

Just dont like acting like we shouldnt even watch tonight because its an automatic loss... kinda attitude is that? If thats the case then why should we ever watch them play against the elite teams? We should just understand they gonna get their butts whooped and do something else during the game? :smh:

All CP was doing was to prevent the others for going on suicide watch if they get blown out tonight. Relax.

I'm sure everyone are hoping for a win.

I just dont think that same philosophy can be applied when you're fighting for a playoff spot. That's more so a mental choice of taking the night off as opposed to just figuring the team is better. You figure you'll be tired and drained and blah blah blah and that's why you'll lose, self fulfilling prophecy, but that's loser mentality. It's as much mental as physical. I don't know where you got the notion teams actually schedule loses. No, fans do that. I've been behind those closed doors...every team, sans the bobcats, expects to win every game. They take into account the matchup difficulty of certain squads, but they don't assume loses and shrug it off. Teams know they'll lose some, since nobody is perfect, but they dont mark down those loses, they just decide what they think a winning record to them will be and go from there. If you go into a game with the mindset that you're already gonna lose, you're shooting yourself in the foot and already figuring that no matter how hard you try you can't win, so you won't try as hard. Some teams take nights off because of comfort and arrogance in their current standing, but they still expect to win those games. Just look at the spurs a week ago with their 3rd string players out there and how they got that win against the bulls. They believed they were going to win before the game even started. The 08-09 lakers could def pick and choose which game they'd mail it in on, and hell, had we been up with a higher record this year, we could def step off the gas. But as this point, max effort is needed every game. At least until we get a playoff spot and a comfortable little cushion. No days off right now. They have to go all out on all of these games. It's not about winning 30 straight, it's just about giving max effort each game to give us the best chance of winning as many as possible. And if we happen to win 30 straight...well..then, good ****.

:lol:

See, ya'll uptight and we ain't eem play yet. :lol:

Dude, we catchin a beatin tonight, and I'm not gonna lose a second sleep about it. If I expected a win and we got beat, I wouldn't sleep for ****. This ain't that.

Now, nowhere did you see me say we should just keep everyone in the hotel, take an early flight back to LA, sit Dwight, etc etc. You ain't see that from me, did ya?

Nope.

Would love to win. Love it. But I'm a realist. Always have been. ALWAYS. It's part of what drives some of ya'll nuts about me in here. When everyone high as a kite, I'm down here, worried about the little things I don't like. When you all jumping off bridges, I'm over here chillin, lookin at the bigger picture, not sweatin at all.

Been doin this a long time bruh. Seen a lot of ball in my days, I know the league well. Don't make me right all the time, or wrong all the time neither, but I know enough to know how to spot L's in weird places. "schedule" losses as I call them.

We went balls out Friday night to beat a poor team at home. We went balls out yesterday to beat another poor team. Now, 3rd game in 4 nights we play a team better than both of those, on their floor. Look the #'s up if you'd like, 3 games in 4 nights, on the road, vs a good team, with an elite home record, in a high altitude gym, with old guys. That record, ain't gonna be so good, I'm sorry. Don't mean we shouldn't show up, means we shouldn't be expecting a W. Point blank.

I would be THRILLED to be wrong and have everyone jump all over me about it. I would love it. If we lose by 59, I won't be happy at all about it. But I won't be freakin out about it neither. I can see it coming.

I just dont think that same philosophy can be applied when you're fighting for a playoff spot. That's more so a mental choice of taking the night off as opposed to just figuring the team is better. You figure you'll be tired and drained and blah blah blah and that's why you'll lose, self fulfilling prophecy, but that's loser mentality. It's as much mental as physical. I don't know where you got the notion teams actually schedule loses. No, fans do that. I've been behind those closed doors...every team, sans the bobcats, expects to win every game. They take into account the matchup difficulty of certain squads, but they don't assume loses and shrug it off. Teams know they'll lose some, since nobody is perfect, but they dont mark down those loses, they just decide what they think a winning record to them will be and go from there. If you go into a game with the mindset that you're already gonna lose, you're shooting yourself in the foot and already figuring that no matter how hard you try you can't win, so you won't try as hard. Some teams take nights off because of comfort and arrogance in their current standing, but they still expect to win those games. Just look at the spurs a week ago with their 3rd string players out there and how they got that win against the bulls. They believed they were going to win before the game even started. The 08-09 lakers could def pick and choose which game they'd mail it in on, and hell, had we been up with a higher record this year, we could def step off the gas. But as this point, max effort is needed every game. At least until we get a playoff spot and a comfortable little cushion. No days off right now. They have to go all out on all of these games. It's not about winning 30 straight, it's just about giving max effort each game to give us the best chance of winning as many as possible. And if we happen to win 30 straight...well..then, good ****.

Man, do I look like Kobe Bryant to you? You think any of the Lakers gon read my words bruh? :lol: I'm talkin to YOU guys, not the actual team. I'm sure they do feel they can win. Good for them.

ANALYZING it tho, they don't stand a good chance. This ain't Oprah, I'm not pourin my heart out to the fellas dude, come on. :lol:

Serious. He's a bum 78 times a season then decides to go all out when he sees us. And he ****** up Kobe's finger that year too. :smh:

Gotta admit tho, that **** when he nutted in Fishers face made me chuckle

Last edited:
I can see Brewer all over the court AGAIN :x :smh:

He seems to only care about showing up against us. It's frustrating.

:smh:

True, he does seem to rise to the occasion of the Lakers. They'll have to watch that tonight

Man, do I look like Kobe Bryant to you? You think any of the Lakers gon read my words bruh? :lol: I'm talkin to YOU guys, not the actual team. I'm sure they do feel they can win. Good for them.

ANALYZING it tho, they don't stand a good chance. This ain't Oprah, I'm not pourin my heart out to the fellas dude, come on. :lol:

Hahahaha you have a point. loll. Watch them win bro!!

Kobe wont have any legs for this game. I can see it now..

Snakes don't need legs..

Lakers got this. I have a good feeling, they are going to be relaxed expecting to only win 1 of these 2 games, and Denver hasn't been playing "amazing" they can lose.

A Lakers win here and the league and teams ahead of them will start talking...

Back
Top Bottom