Delete

How Many Games Will The Lakers Win With Mike D'Antoni?

• 40-49...They're Going To Get Worse

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 50-59...Good Enough For A Solid Seed, Not Too Shabby

• 60-65...Top Seed and Impressive Record, Thumbs Up

• 66-70...Scary Good, All Teams Are Now Officially Scared

• 71+...Might As Well Cancel The Playoffs

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
17 season in the NBA and this dude ALWAYS gets me pumped up. Can't believe he's playing this well, for so long. :smokin :smokin :smokin

[quote name="Bigmike23"][QUOTE name="DarthSka"]
Couple of my thoughts posted on twitter, fwiw:

- Artest does too many things that don't show up on paper, meaning being unappreciated by mindless stat geeks. Still a quality role player. Hockey assists, disrupting opponents' fast breaks, going after 50/50 balls, all show up on paper... nowhere.

[/QUOTE]

the classic when my favorite player has a bad game stats wise, lets just say he did everything that doesnt show up on the stat sheet. problem is ron didnt do any of the things you bring up today. he was horrible
[/quote] Ron didn't disrupt any breaks? Get hockey assists? Go after 50/50 balls? :lol:

I mean, if you didn't watch the game, just say so, pimpin. Maybe just listened on the radio? All good, man.

[quote name="Bigmike23"][QUOTE name="DarthSka"]
Couple of my thoughts posted on twitter, fwiw:

- Artest does too many things that don't show up on paper, meaning being unappreciated by mindless stat geeks. Still a quality role player. Hockey assists, disrupting opponents' fast breaks, going after 50/50 balls, all show up on paper... nowhere.

the classic when my favorite player has a bad game stats wise, lets just say he did everything that doesnt show up on the stat sheet. problem is ron didnt do any of the things you bring up today. he was horrible
[/quote] Ron didn't disrupt any breaks? Get hockey assists? Go after 50/50 balls? :lol:

I mean, if you didn't watch the game, just say so, pimpin. Maybe just listened on the radio? All good, man.[/quote]

I hear you. He's great on defense when he's guarding dudes that are close to his age but other than that he doesn't do that much. He kills momentum by taking those ugly fadeaways, dribbling in the paint out of control and bricking WIDE OPEN shots. He'll always be appreciated for what he did in Game 7 of the finals but it's time for him to bounce.

Last edited:
Harvey never talked to Popovich but did report: "Spur assistants who were in the All-Star Game huddle in Houston say the incident has been overblown." Howard said Friday night that what Smith had told everyone "just never happened." "Pop was diagramming a play for me, and then as he showed us what to do he kept saying, 'Blake.' So Blake and I are confused, but he keeps saying Blake, so Blake takes off his jersey and goes into the game. "Pop sees me and wants to know why I'm not in the game running the play, so I tell him he kept saying Blake so Blake went in. He wasn't swearing at me." The report by Smith provided more ammunition, though, to those who insist Howard isn't as intense as he should be. "It hurts me, but what can I do about it?" said Howard, who has averaged 19 points and 12.6 rebounds the last five games. "I can't fight ESPN."

Good point

Lakers are 11-4 in their last 15.

The 15 before that 4-11.

First 3 weeks of January were brutal 2-9.

But the rest of the schedule isn't too bad.. If they play to potential, they will be fine.

Last edited:
Lately, Kobe's been looking to score more. More aggressive. He's still facilitating at a higher clip than we've normally seen, but with his regained emphasis on scoring, I'm wondering how long he'll be able to keep his legs fresh...especially as we play the home stretch of the season.

I like the aggressive, scoring Kobe, his position IS Shooting Guard so let's expect him to shoot more.

Him being a shooting guard has nothing to do with his shooting attempts..

Also aggressive, scoring Kobe has a place and time. That shouldn't be at all time.

He should be thinking to get guys in rhythm as well as himself..

Last edited:
But he had 7 assists this game Essential, what, you want him to facilitate MORE? 

I'm saying in general... Today was a decent balance... Still a little too much on the shooting end, but he picked it up when needed which is fine.

He shouldn't be thinking to shoot more.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom