Delete

How Many Games Will The Lakers Win With Mike D'Antoni?

• 40-49...They're Going To Get Worse

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 50-59...Good Enough For A Solid Seed, Not Too Shabby

• 60-65...Top Seed and Impressive Record, Thumbs Up

• 66-70...Scary Good, All Teams Are Now Officially Scared

• 71+...Might As Well Cancel The Playoffs

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Limit the live-ball turnovers, protect the paint and the game could be competitive.

Last edited:
LTB, never changed my Sig or avy since the first post, I'll give you props if we win tho, here and Twitter. Multiple threads, etc etc. I don't want to be right bruh, I just will be.

Oh hey, Houston lost to the Wizards this weekend. 3rd game in 4 nights, on the road..... :nerd:
And we're older/slower and face a better team than the Wizards. But hey.

[quote name="Essential1"][quote name="CountOnKobe"]I like the aggressive, scoring Kobe, his position IS Shooting Guard so let's expect him to shoot more.
Him being a shooting guard has nothing to do with his shooting attempts..

Also aggressive, scoring Kobe has a place and time. That shouldn't be at all time.

He should be thinking to get guys in rhythm as well as himself..[/quote]But I say the SAME COT DAMN THING, and dudes act like I suggested Kobe should shoot twice a game. :lol:[/quote]

No you came up with that weird stat of having as many shots as assists...

He shot 23 times yesterday and CountonKobe said Kobe should shoot more..

I think he should be at 17, but I'm fine with 20 shots if he's picking and choosing the shots carefully.

Last edited:
Yeah, he shot 23 times yesterday...so according to SKA math, that means he should have had 46 assists to go with that...amirite?

Jesus f*****g Christ you guys are dense. :lol: Yep, that's what I said, that he should have twice as many assists as shots.

Acting like I'm the only one that has ever said he shoots too much.

I have literally been quoted and laughed at when answering that I think Kobe should be between 15-20 shots a game, maybe slightly over 20 if he's playing a smart game. Essential says the SAME THING... and nothing. :lol:

But you want to credit yourselves w/ being objective, for not being 'those' Kobe fans. Ssshhhhhiiiii... :lol:

it's certain dudes, you guys are just going to discredit and mock whatever they say no matter what they say; I'm one of those dudes. I've been saying nothing but good things about Kobe's overall play (key word for the comprehension challenged: OVERALL. Don't come at me w/ some comment I made about a few minutes of a game, or a couple plays). But the praise & props from me isn't enough; you dudes still want more.

why do you think I started saying "Both teams played hard" a couple years ago?

*waits for "Oh, I was just kidding" copout* :lol:

Last edited:
Speaking of Nash,
Anyone else notice the change in his aggression?

He's bringing the ball down the court a lot
More often.
He's facilitating more often.
He's shooting more often.

I love it.
It's like he's no longer shy about being a Laker. He's not scared to play his game anymore. I feel like for the first time all season he actually feels comfortable as a Laker and it shows on the scoreboard.

Sure the other day he missed everything he shot, Including free throws. But the aggression was there. Shots won't always fall, but if we wanna be successful long term we need him to keep playing aggressive like he has. :pimp:

It's beautiful basketball when Nash is in a groove man.

Last edited:
Jesus f*****g Christ you guys are dense. :lol: Yep, that's what I said, that he should have twice as many assists as shots.

Acting like I'm the only one that has ever said he shoots too much.

I have literally been quoted and laughed at when answering that I think Kobe should be between 15-20 shots a game, maybe slightly over 20 if he's playing a smart game. Essential says the SAME THING... and nothing. :lol:

But you want to credit yourselves w/ being objective, for not being 'those' Kobe fans. Ssshhhhhiiiii... :lol:

it's certain dudes, you guys are just going to discredit and mock whatever they say no matter what they say; I'm one of those dudes. I've been saying nothing but good things about Kobe's overall play (key word for the comprehension challenged: OVERALL. Don't come at me w/ some comment I made about a few minutes of a game, or a couple plays). But the praise & props from me isn't enough; you dudes still want more.

why do you think I started saying "Both teams played hard" a couple years ago?

*waits for "Oh, I was just kidding" copout* :lol:

You don't like Kobe.

And for the record I don't read anything Essential types so can't say anything.

*leaves*

:lol:

Speaking of Nash,
Anyone else notice the change in his aggression?

He's bringing the ball down the court a lot
More often.
He's facilitating more often.
He's shooting more often.

I love it.
It's like he's no longer shy about being a Laker. He's not scared to play his game anymore. I feel like for the first time all season he actually feels comfortable as a Laker and it shows on the scoreboard.

Sure the other day he missed everything he shot, Including free throws. But the aggression was there. Shots won't always fall, but if we wanna be successful long term we need him to keep playing aggressive like he has. :pimp:

It's beautiful basketball when Nash is in a groove man.

Plus, there are more Dwight pick-and-rolls too. Up until a few weeks ago they never ran a pick-and-roll... I was scratching my head

I do like Kobe... right now. :D Read my latest tweet on him. And as you pointed out last week on here, he is in the same position Shaq was in over a decade ago, and the way he is handling it is w/ a professionalism and respect that I love, and I think has a lot to do w/ Dwight's improved play.

You know your jimmies are rustled over the overrated thread, though. Don't eem trip. :lol:

P, the SAP stats are insane, you can view an entire career game log, or sort by highest to lowest for any total you want :wow: but it seems really slow and sketchy, you have the same trouble?

Also, it was letting me copy and paste from my laptop over the weekend, but right now it's not letting me. How the hell can that be? You should be able to click drag over anything and copy it, but it's flat out not doing that for me right now. You see anything like that before?

I'm tryin to pull all of Magic's game logs from 1980 on, season by season. Want that on a spreadsheet, then I'm doin Kobe's, MJ's, Lebron's and probably Durants at some point. Maybe if I get fast at it, I'll pull some Shaq or Worthy or somebody, maybe Larry.

I do like Kobe... right now. :D Read my latest tweet on him. And as you pointed out last week on here, he is in the same position Shaq was in over a decade ago, and the way he is handling it is w/ a professionalism and respect that I love, and I think has a lot to do w/ Dwight's improved play.

You know your jimmies are rustled over the overrated thread, though. Don't eem trip. :lol:

I was just kidding.....

I was teasin about all that other stuff, but there is no question that overrated thread is by far the dumbest thing this board has ever produced. And that's a lot of stupid.

People don't want him top 5, fine.
Top 10, no problem.
Top 15, ok.
Top 20, sure
Top 45, next to Tony Parker, Kidd, Drexler, Mitch Richmond and Nate McMillan, yeah, I'm droppin gloves.

That ain't talk, that ain't talkin ball, that ain't knowin the NBA, that is flat out, pure idiocy, hatred, stupidity and moronic trolling at it's finest. The damn author of the intitial post wrote an article calling him overrated, and 11 months later called him the best of the post MJ era. THE SAME GUY.

That thread should have been nuked before it hit 5 pages, instead it was allowed to breed, and breed more, and now there are cockroaches all over the board swarming every NBA thread I go into.

And nothing is done to stop it. All I keep hearing is "no one else is complaining" and then everywhere I look, every other page, people complain about it. :lol:

Yeah, it's a great thread to have tho.

Funny thing was I was told that if I were to open a Lebron, Duncan, Shaq, Wade, Bird, MJ, are overrated thread, I would be shot on sight. THAT would be considered trolling. :rofl: :smh:

Fish just signed with the Thunder :lol:

I'm not 100% sure but was Fish at the ceremony for Dr. Buss? :nerd:

Fish did have this to say:

A few months ago, I remember sitting with Dr. Buss in his hospital room one afternoon. He was ill, but his mind was sharp. We talked for hours. About the Lakers, about life, about family. In all the experiences I ever had with this man, this was the most meaningful to me. No cameras, no fans, no basketball in site. Just two men talking.

As everyone knows, I am currently not with the Lakers, and while I plan to play again, I am not sure that I can ever top the experiences I had with that organization.

Dr. Buss was a visionary, a trailblazer, a competitor, a force, a dad, a grandfather … but what I will miss most is my mentor and friend. He changed lives, he gave people joy, he gave people something to cheer for. He changed my life on and off the court.

Thank you for everything Dr. Buss. For giving kids everywhere a reason to dream big. For giving families a time to come together and cheer. For giving me a chance and a purpose. May you rest in peace.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2013/02/20/derek-fisher-remembers-the-lakers-jerry-buss.html

Last edited:
Another Kobe debate

P, the SAP stats are insane, you can view an entire career game log, or sort by highest to lowest for any total you want :wow: but it seems really slow and sketchy, you have the same trouble?

Also, it was letting me copy and paste from my laptop over the weekend, but right now it's not letting me. How the hell can that be? You should be able to click drag over anything and copy it, but it's flat out not doing that for me right now. You see anything like that before?

I'm tryin to pull all of Magic's game logs from 1980 on, season by season. Want that on a spreadsheet, then I'm doin Kobe's, MJ's, Lebron's and probably Durants at some point. Maybe if I get fast at it, I'll pull some Shaq or Worthy or somebody, maybe Larry.
Yeah the pages load slowly from what I've encountered. I heard media members say the same thing, but it doesn't bug me all that much.

I haven't done any copying and pasting, so I wouldn't know.

[quote name="CP"]I was teasin about all that other stuff, but there is no question that overrated thread is by far the dumbest thing this board has ever produced. And that's a lot of stupid.

People don't want him top 5, fine.
Top 10, no problem.
Top 15, ok.
Top 20, sure
Top 45, next to Tony Parker, Kidd, Drexler, Mitch Richmond and Nate McMillan, yeah, I'm droppin gloves.

That ain't talk, that ain't talkin ball, that ain't knowin the NBA, that is flat out, pure idiocy, hatred, stupidity and moronic trolling at it's finest. The damn author of the intitial post wrote an article calling him overrated, and 11 months later called him the best of the post MJ era. THE SAME GUY.

That thread should have been nuked before it hit 5 pages, instead it was allowed to breed, and breed more, and now there are cockroaches all over the board swarming every NBA thread I go into.

And nothing is done to stop it. All I keep hearing is "no one else is complaining" and then everywhere I look, every other page, people complain about it. :lol:

Yeah, it's a great thread to have tho.

Funny thing was I was told that if I were to open a Lebron, Duncan, Shaq, Wade, Bird, MJ, are overrated thread, I would be shot on sight. THAT would be considered trolling. :rofl: :smh:[/quote]See? Jimmies HEAVILY rustled.

I would try to offer an explanation to everything you said, but you've already showed that you are not to be reasoned w/ when you disagree w/ administrative decisions, or just me. :lol:

So I have no interest in trying... anymore. Between this thread and that one, I've responded to everything you've said. You still say it's outlandish? Preposterous? Historically stupid?

My response? Both teams played hard.

You don't think you overreact? Think you just maintain a calm poise in the face of disagreement? Bless your heart; both teams played hard.

Last edited:
I was just kidding......

P, I got it actually. Have to copy from outside the numbers. Weird but how it works. Now I'm totalling up to see if the numbers match, they do. Magic had 58 double doubles in 90-91. :lol: absurd. :smh:

Back
Top Bottom