Delete

How Many Games Will The Lakers Win With Mike D'Antoni?

• 40-49...They're Going To Get Worse

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 50-59...Good Enough For A Solid Seed, Not Too Shabby

• 60-65...Top Seed and Impressive Record, Thumbs Up

• 66-70...Scary Good, All Teams Are Now Officially Scared

• 71+...Might As Well Cancel The Playoffs

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Sorry guys you're right I meant the Rockets.

Realistically though, they will make the playoffs. So we really just gotta hope that Utah and Portland can put some L's on the table soon.

And of course we have to do our part and keep winning. Every game counts right now.

Last edited:
They won't trade either.. Especially not Jordan Hill.. Small contract for a lot of contribution..

MWP maybe.. Maybe.. But he still contributes, and he'd be a better mid-season trade than an offseason trade... For some reason certain players get you better trades mid-season than they would in an offseason... Just because teams don't want to risk early cap space and signings for trading for the guy. But once most of the roster is set in stone, and they don't have enough cap to get someone through signing they will go after these kinds of guys.

What they will do is trade Pau.. Probably dumping $5-6mil in salary in the deal... That frees up 5-6 mil for any deal for Clark over the $1.2mil he was getting this year. I think we may be able to get him for a little bit less than the market for actually giving him a chance (see Jordan Hill)

If they trade Hill to resign Clark.. I will be pissed... Hill was such a good value signing for us.

If I was in the FO.. I trade Pau for a really good backup PG... A servicable PF or Center off the bench and then amnesty Steve Blake.. Clears money, fills out the roster.. Then we'd have $3.5 mil to go after a solid SF, my pick will always be Dorell Wright

Id trade pau for another big.. otherwise you just create another hole.and go after delonte or does dallas have his rights? I hope they keep dwight out until after the all star break.. boston will be undermanned as well.. miami is a problem.. just let howard heal up and g3t ready for 2nd half

I'm talking about in the offseason.. Pau won't get moved this season.. Especially with the injury..

In the offseason if we keep Hill... Dwight resigns... And can convince Earl to stay.. We just need 1 more guy that we can get in a Pau trade... But we need a backup PG more than anything this offseason... Blake has been nice.. But we need someone younger, who can run a game 30 minutes if we need to... But at least just to keep Nash on the bench a little bit more, and not have to hope for an ok night.

Can't believe ima have to root for MIA today :smh: ima feel so dirty lol.

and we all know wut it means when an athlete says he heard a pop. id be surprised if Pau's not done for the season. Pau may have just played his last game in the purp n gold |I

Amnesty Blake to save 4 million dollars, we still have to pay? Stop it. :smh:

And Blake has shown CLEARLY he evens out the second unit for us BIG TIME. No more Duhon, and Blake is much better at everything than he is.

For 4 million, I pay that just fine. Especially since it'll be his last year next year.

P, I saw your post last night but was on my phone. The Clark contract is indeed a dicey one. He's gonna want to cash in I would think. If all we can offer is a one year deal to keep 2014 open, he could walk. Sign and trade options? :nerd: I don't think we can do that anyways with the Luxury tax,

The only comfort I'll take from it is if he gets a big contract from someone else, he'll go back to being Earl Clark, not LA Lakers Earl Clark. :smokin

Best thing about seeing Blake on the floor, I don't have to expect Duhon shooting a 3 from a bout half court each game.

P, I saw your post last night but was on my phone. The Clark contract is indeed a dicey one. He's gonna want to cash in I would think. If all we can offer is a one year deal to keep 2014 open, he could walk. Sign and trade options? :nerd: I don't think we can do that anyways with the Luxury tax,

The only comfort I'll take from it is if he gets a big contract from someone else, he'll go back to being Earl Clark, not LA Lakers Earl Clark. :smokin
*Looks at Boris Diaw, Tim Thomas and Shawne Williams*

It's not fair to Clark but yeah, I'd be real cautious come July.

Depending on what happens with Dwight and Pau, I'd give Clark a one year deal for $8-10M and hope he stays (provided he keeps up his play).

And yeah, the Lakers can't even participate in sign-and-trades because they're paying the luxury tax.

seeing both blake and duhon in the backcourt at the same time last night made me :x

could have been worse. could have been morris out there :x

Hopefully this isnt the case because i still believe this team can make the playoffs, but if Pau is out for the season, added in with the loss of Dwight and Hill, i say package Earl with duhon and move him somewhere else when his value is at an all high. Even with his hustle and ability w/o three of our bigs where just letting him try out for another team with no return.

The only way i see us keeping him past next season is if we backload the contract which can be a bit of a problem considering LA wants all cap space in 2014

if hes out for the season just sign kenyon martin. he be a good replacement. only reason dude isnt in the league right now is because he thinks hes worth more than what he actually worth.

might be rusty at first but atleast you know he wont be out of gas come seasons end

^ No, we're talking about him like he's serviceable.

Know how many points ERS will average this season is Pau is out the rest of the season and we keep ERS? Or rebounds? Less than KMart would if we had him.

(ERS = Empty Roster Spot)

I feel you. I'm just saying he's no long term solution. I'm sure there are more valuable assests/ hidden gems out there. IDK who tho LoL

Ken Berger ‏@KBergCBS

Gasol, who had an MRI in Boston today after injuring foot in Brooklyn last night, is expected to get a second opinion in the coming days.
Expand Collapse

Ken Berger Ken Berger ‏@KBergCBS

One option for Gasol is rehab, with estimated timetable of 6-8 weeks. Surgery would mean 10-12 weeks, with better chance of full recovery.

Last edited:
6 weeks wow it keeps getting worse right when it looks good, FO needs to go out and sign a big or at least trade for one :smh::x

wait....6 weeks???? Like...an actual 6 weeks??? Or...like 6 weeks in TV time, which is like a half hour montage??

Damb yo, we might as well take him out back and put him down then.

in other news...EC is about to go Super Saiyan.

Back
Top Bottom