Delete

How Many Games Will The Lakers Win With Mike D'Antoni?

• 40-49...They're Going To Get Worse

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 50-59...Good Enough For A Solid Seed, Not Too Shabby

• 60-65...Top Seed and Impressive Record, Thumbs Up

• 66-70...Scary Good, All Teams Are Now Officially Scared

• 71+...Might As Well Cancel The Playoffs

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Kobe should come off the bench to Wade? What the what? :lol: :rofl:

And then Lebron can come to LA and come off the bench behind Artest & Pau, right? :lol:

Good read, CP, good read indeed.

My thoughts:
Excellent point about how if we made major, thorough changes and had younger pieces, all of a sudden maybe Mike D's system looks good, and he looks like a good coach... when that wouldn't really be the case; he would just have better fits to his system. I hear ya. But why weren't you saying that with Mike Brown? This roster doesn't have a COMPLETELY different feel than what MB had, so why weren't you saying "Oh, he just needs better pieces" about him?

Truth be told, I think they are equally incompetent. But with MB, I mean, we did make it at least to the playoffs last year. With MD, we're a laughingstock this year. :\

My second thought:
Ok, there is no 'excellent' option to Dwight or MD. Dwight & Bynum are the 2 best centers in the league, and then there is everyone else... and Phil Jackson is the only option of excellence available for coaching, and I'm pretty sure we have absolutely burned that bridge. :lol:... :\

So with that in mind, that there is no option of excellence available for either person... meaning that the only option to replace them would be an option of mediocrity or serviceable or decent... which 1 do you replace?

Would you rather replace Dwight with a mediocre/average big and keep MD... or keep Dwight and replace MD with a mediocre/average coach?

I'm torn, honestly. :\

A part of me thinks that the absolute BEST option for us would be a combination of something you have already alluded to, picking up that Hornets Pelicans coach and building around Dwight from here on out...

... but then some of the stuff I've seen/heard from Dwight the past couple days makes me think that that is absolutely not the guy we need to be building around. So ditch him, and get younger for MD.

And then another part of me says ditch them both. Lose the diva, lose the incompetent coach, and move forward with an average replacement for both.

If you think this is rock bottom, wait two more weeks. It's going to get Master P sneakers ugly.

Lakers need to just trade for Deralle Revis before the trade deadline and have him play man to man full court
pimp.gif
laugh.gif
 nice

[quote name="DaddyRabbit251"]Lakers need to just trade for Deralle Revis before the trade deadline and have him play man to man full court :pimp:[/quote] Charlie Ward sees this as a viable solution for us. :lol:

Mike Brown could have the Dream Team all in their prime and not earn his paycheck. He's a bum.

D'Antoni at least has a use, a system, a style he teaches. Brown just has ****** flashcards. He should never be a head coach again. I don't care what players he's given, he's terrible.

Please make some moves before the next game or even after. Im having a lot more fun watching GSW than lakers right now.

Mike Brown could have the Dream Team all in their prime and not earn his paycheck. He's a bum.

D'Antoni at least has a use, a system, a style he teaches. Brown just has ****** flashcards. He should never be a head coach again. I don't care what players he's given, he's terrible.

Mike Brown took

Shannon Brown
Daniel Gibson
Drew Gooden
Larry Hughes
Žydrūnas Ilgauskas
LeBron Jame
Damon Jones
Dwayne Jones
Donyell Marshall
Ira Newble
Sasha Pavlović*
Scot Pollard
Eric Snow -
Anderson Varejão
David Wesley

To the NBA Finals and had the NBA best record for years after that, he earned his rings with the spurs as a assistance. Show me want D antoni did in the league?

Mike Brown took

Shannon Brown
Daniel Gibson
Drew Gooden
Larry Hughes
Žydrūnas Ilgauskas
LeBron Jame
Damon Jones
Dwayne Jones
Donyell Marshall
Ira Newble
Sasha Pavlović*
Scot Pollard
Eric Snow -
Anderson Varejão
David Wesley

To the NBA Finals and had the NBA best record for years after that, he earned his rings with the spurs as a assistance. Show me want D antoni did in the league?

stop. nobody believes this bs not even you.

Lebron james took that team to the finals. the success of those teams were solely because lebrons bball iq while mike brown road his coattails

That team was young and lebron was the ultimate player coach. lets not go there bud

and im not defending antoni. he is worse than brown.

we made the playoffs with brown last year right?

Last edited:
LeBron James Mike Brown took

Shannon Brown
Daniel Gibson
Drew Gooden
Larry Hughes
Žydrūnas Ilgauskas
LeBron James
Damon Jones
Dwayne Jones
Donyell Marshall
Ira Newble
Sasha Pavlović*
Scot Pollard
Eric Snow -
Anderson Varejão
David Wesley

fixed*

Good read, CP, good read indeed.

My thoughts:
Excellent point about how if we made major, thorough changes and had younger pieces, all of a sudden maybe Mike D's system looks good, and he looks like a good coach... when that wouldn't really be the case; he would just have better fits to his system. I hear ya. But why weren't you saying that with Mike Brown? This roster doesn't have a COMPLETELY different feel than what MB had, so why weren't you saying "Oh, he just needs better pieces" about him?

Truth be told, I think they are equally incompetent. But with MB, I mean, we did make it at least to the playoffs last year. With MD, we're a laughingstock this year. :\

My second thought:
Ok, there is no 'excellent' option to Dwight or MD. Dwight & Bynum are the 2 best centers in the league, and then there is everyone else... and Phil Jackson is the only option of excellence available for coaching, and I'm pretty sure we have absolutely burned that bridge. :lol:... :\

So with that in mind, that there is no option of excellence available for either person... meaning that the only option to replace them would be an option of mediocrity or serviceable or decent... which 1 do you replace?

Would you rather replace Dwight with a mediocre/average big and keep MD... or keep Dwight and replace MD with a mediocre/average coach?

I'm torn, honestly. :\

A part of me thinks that the absolute BEST option for us would be a combination of something you have already alluded to, picking up that Hornets Pelicans coach and building around Dwight from here on out...

... but then some of the stuff I've seen/heard from Dwight the past couple days makes me think that that is absolutely not the guy we need to be building around. So ditch him, and get younger for MD.

And then another part of me says ditch them both. Lose the diva, lose the incompetent coach, and move forward with an average replacement for both.

you can never say never with phil. the son in law.

ofcourse that price tag has probably tripled since last mitch call :lol:

my god some of the worst management decisions ever. pass on adelman. sign brown. fire brown. pass on phil. sign antoni. watch lakers playoffs chances dwindle away. do nothing. ride it out. 3 games until we hit the bottom of the west. have no draft pick this year. still do nothing smh

stop. nobody believes this bs not even you.

Lebron james took that team to the finals. the success of those teams were solely because lebrons bball iq while mike brown road his coattails

That team was young and lebron was the ultimate player coach. lets not go there bud

and im not defending antoni. he is worse than brown.

we made the playoffs with brown last year right?

Not sure what you meant by brown taking the Lakers to the Playoffs last year? He had a good year coaching them

LMAO at you guys thinking Lebron is the sole reason why that 2007 team went to the finals. That team played hard team defense, which was solely because of Brown. As great as Lebron is he wasnt the main reason why the Cavs had a top 5 defense that year.

Last edited:
serious question? how much would they have to pay bernie if he were to be interim head coach for the rest of the season?

Not sure what you meant by brown taking the Lakers to the Playoffs last year? He wasnt coaching the Laker then

Not sure you know what you're talking about today.

Jim Buss decided for the Los Angeles Lakers to hire Mike D'Antoni instead of Phil Jackson largely out of a concern that the triangle offense would have pushed Steve Nash out, according to sources.

Buss thought hiring D'Antoni would trigger the Lakers' offense by reuniting him with Nash.

"The way this turns out," one league source connected to the hiring process said, "you've chosen not only Steve Nash over [Pau] Gasol, but maybe over Gasol and Dwight [Howard]."

If the Lakers had hired Jackson, the offense would be running through Gasol, Dwight Howard and Kobe Bryant in the post.

Via Adrian Wojnarowski/Yahoo! Sports

before we fire MDA

can we trade Jim Buss?

Back
Top Bottom