Delete

How Many Games Will The Lakers Win With Mike D'Antoni?

• 40-49...They're Going To Get Worse

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 50-59...Good Enough For A Solid Seed, Not Too Shabby

• 60-65...Top Seed and Impressive Record, Thumbs Up

• 66-70...Scary Good, All Teams Are Now Officially Scared

• 71+...Might As Well Cancel The Playoffs

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
how the hell did bernie bickerstaff make this team play a winning record mda needs to implement whatever he did

It's real funny how the one constant of problems with the Knicks last year and the Lakers this year is D'Antoni.

Is this real life? What the hell man.

Solid trade for all teams

How is it solid for the raptors man? :lol: Is it because they're getting hometown heroes?

Gerald Green has stunk it up this season. But his athleticism sure would be appreciated right about now.

Gerald should have stayed in BK but I understand him chasing the money. He needs to play with a PG that can maximize his strengths to be effective.

You know our seasons in the toilet when you wake up, go to our thread, and see pages of worthless and unrealistic Trade Machine Trades. None of these will ever happen, yet everyone has so much fun making them up and discussing them.

Sorry to sound harsh, I'm still upset about last night. Still upset about the team. It just bugs me that everyone thinks trading will solve our problems, every season. They never do. They never happen.

The one time one did, it was vetoed for basketball reasons. Ha.

This has just become overwhelming man, ima take a day off from thinking about this mess. Keep coming up with trades and have fun.

*exits thread very salty...apologizing for taking out frustration on fans*

The Lakers wont make a trade before the trade deadline.
Those scenarios we been comin up with are faraway dreams.
I really believed the Lakers could have won last night. After their player meeting.

They are 4 games behind the 8 seed.
Possible? Yes. Probable? Hell no.

This team is a waste of talent.
We should have 25 losses in early April. Not early February.
Even if we do make the playoffs, we are def not a Finals bound team.
Anything less than a championship for this franchise is failure.

My Laker hater friends and coworkers are loving every second of it.
Losing? I can handle.
Gloating by people who dont even care about bball or let alone dont even have their own team makes me wanna shoot someone.
Real talk. Its that serious.

I really dont believe this team can win any more than 10 more games till April.
I really dont believe Kobe is this "Laker legend" we used to make him out to be.
Jordan, Magic, heck even Bron would be at a better position with this line up at this point of the season.
Kobe is in the same class as Tmac, Vince Carter, Ray Allen, Iverson and all the other has beens.
He just lucky to have been injury free and playing for the purple and gold.
Great player? NO. Good player? Yes.
Bron>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Kobe

After the Mavericks swept us 2 years ago, my cousin and I felt like the 90's were coming back for us again.
Because no one stays on top forever.
Then we got D12 and Nash. And things looked up.
But naw, I would take those 90's teams over this garbage 10 times out of 10.
At least they brought it with heart every night.

The Jazz and Thunder are gonna cement our embarrassing season into the ground in the next couple of days.
Fact.

how many of us Knicks fans told you all about D'Antoni going to L.A. would be the nail in the coffin?

The kicks roster hasnt changed much since pringles and the team has been playing like a different one ever since Woodson took charge.

Dantoni needs to find a new job.
Nash should retire.
Kobe should go to Miami and come off the bench.
D.Howard should go to Denver.
Gasol should come to the Knicks.

Damn, so this is what loosing feels like? Not being a contender? Hug?

how many of us Knicks fans told you all about D'Antoni going to L.A. would be the nail in the coffin?

The kicks roster hasnt changed much since pringles and the team has been playing like a different one ever since Woodson took charge.

Dantoni needs to find a new job.
Nash should retire.
Kobe should go to Miami and come off the bench.
D.Howard should go to Denver.
Gasol should come to the Knicks.

but he's better than D.Roids

You know our seasons in the toilet when you wake up, go to our thread, and see pages of worthless and unrealistic Trade Machine Trades. None of these will ever happen, yet everyone has so much fun making them up and discussing them.

Sorry to sound harsh, I'm still upset about last night. Still upset about the team. It just bugs me that everyone thinks trading will solve our problems, every season. They never do. They never happen.

The one time one did, it was vetoed for basketball reasons. Ha.

This has just become overwhelming man, ima take a day off from thinking about this mess. Keep coming up with trades and have fun.

*exits thread very salty...apologizing for taking out frustration on fans*

And funniest things is.... I only proposed trading Nash... Yay for me I wasn't the culprit.

Someone will be showing Mike the exit in the next 5 months.

Where'd you read this? Who Tweeted it?

I hate D'antoni but seriously we going to have Dwight calling coaching jobs in LA?

He has done nothing to earn that type of clout, he better have a freaking MVP type second half of the year for that statement to be even plausible.

Last edited:
Dwight is only second to Deron in his ability to get coaches fired. Antoni will be getting that door...as soon as Jim realizes how to do it in a fiscally responsible manner. Doubt even we can afford to pay 3 coaches.

Dwight is only second to Deron in his ability to get coaches fired. Antoni will be getting that door...as soon as Jim realizes how to do it in a fiscally responsible manner. Doubt even we can afford to pay 3 coaches.

at this point might as well just let Bernie take over. I dont think they can do any worse if he coaches, possibly even do better.... Worked with Mike Woodson

I don't like how Mike is coaching right now either, but it doesn't matter, he isn't the only issue.

As has been noted many many times, we don't have the speed/athletes to play today's game.

The biggest issue in that case with Mike then is, why we don't play slower. Limit the amount of chances, but alas, it might be too late.

He coaches one way, fast. It's what he believes, it's how he coaches. And frankly, changing the way you coach doesn't always work either.

Greg Pop is a tremendous coach, and he has switched from a slow it down defense oriented team, to a variant Suns team.

Anyone see Pop in the winner circle since he made that switch? :nerd:

Anyone think Chip Kelly about to turn the Eagles into the 85 Bears?

Coaches have specialties just like players do. Kobe is an offensive savant. Dwight, more of a defensive savant. Nash is a passer, not so much a scorer. Kobe once heard about passing from Magic Johnson. It's what they are, and who they are. Same with Mike. He coaches uptempo, pick and roll, etc etc. Therein lies his mistakes, but with this current roster, nothing he can do. If Mitch were to go out and trade Pau for 3 younger athletes, and trade Dwight for 3-4 younger athletes, then suddenly the team is faster, quicker, younger, maybe a shooter or 3 in there, couple draft picks, suddenly the team might play better in his system, and suddenly what, he's a smarter coach then? No, the talent fits his system.

This roster is fit for the Triangle. Kobe, Pau, Dwight, Ron, Blake, all fit it fine. Nash wouldn't, but really he could have done just as well as Fisher did, only as a spot up shooter. Where I have trouble is, Phil is good enough, he could have given Nash moments here and there to run his pick and roll style when others were resting. The triangle isn't ran every single possession. Look at Kobe and Pau run the pick and roll while executing the Suns in the 2010 WCF's.

Bottom line, it's a PG driven league now, Buss hoped to use a vet PG with something in the tank to recreate an era of exciting offensive basketball. The idea might work, if Nash was 29 years old. Not 39.

Changes HAVE to be made now. They don't get younger next year, they HAVE to break pieces off now, even at 50 cents on the dollar. They have to acquire assets again, ie picks, 25 year olds, etc. Kobe is going to hate them, but they have no choice. Best case they get young/fast fast enough to compete in like 2014 or so, and he stays on in his "Reggie Miller" years being the once in a while flip the switch assassin when J Oneal and Ron Artest carried the team back then.

It sounds impossible, but I might actually flip all 3 if I could. Dwight, Pau, and Nash. Flip Jamison, if anyone called me about Blake, or Ron, or Duhon's contract. Florida Marlin style. I would try to retain Kobe, Meeks, Calrk, Hill and maybe Morris and Ebanks if I could, but wouldn't cry if any of them get tossed in too.

If I could flip a few of them for pieces, and keep Dwight, I would be ok with that, IF I can get proof he's healthy. And I may be lookin at some sort of discount from the man, not a huge one, but if he could pass on say a million a year, while making more with us, than any other club, that would show me somethin. If that's not possible, and I can get 4 guys for him, then oh well.

Anyone who talks about flipping Kobe, 30 million dollars can't be flipped. We couldn't even trade Kobe for Lebron straight up right now, that's how big that contract is. On top of that, there are LEGIONS of Kobe fans, and the LA brass can't afford to move their cash cow. He's one of those players that alone draws in fans/crowds. MJ as a Wizard is similar. Even old, and not winning, Kobe will make money for LA. He will be a Laker for life, so let the idea go right now.

Back
Top Bottom