Delete

How Many Games Will The Lakers Win With Mike D'Antoni?

• 40-49...They're Going To Get Worse

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 50-59...Good Enough For A Solid Seed, Not Too Shabby

• 60-65...Top Seed and Impressive Record, Thumbs Up

• 66-70...Scary Good, All Teams Are Now Officially Scared

• 71+...Might As Well Cancel The Playoffs

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I'd like to go back and see the first time I said trade Bum Howard in this thread and people looked at me as if I was speaking in tongues....

It.
Just.
Doesn't.
Work.
Dwight doesn't work? Dwight being the #2 guy in LA? Or maybe Pau doesn't work? And PTI even said it's more likely Pau would be traded in the off season than anyone else. Stupid *** Mike D'Antoni is too prideful to admit his system doesn't work for the Lakers. 

Hell we would be far better off with the Triangle Offense like we ran with Pau and Bynum, switch out Bynum for Dwight and there we go.

Phil doesn't wanna coach any bum Nets team like ESPN made it out to be, he wants to coach a team he know he can be successful with. Why not the Lakers again? He said he has no intentions of coaching but if Kobe talks to him, oh he'll do it alright.

I'd like to go back and see the first time I said trade Bum Howard in this thread and people looked at me as if I was speaking in tongues....

It.
Just.
Doesn't.
Work.
i agree with you.

It just doesnt work. he is no leader.  no post game.  great player but not someone you cant replace for cheaper and without a headache.

[quote name="mrdieselfuel09"]Blame this on Kobe.

Whose team is this?
Dwight: It's our team

Whose team is this?
Kobe: It's mine.

Everybody in the NBA knows its Kobe's team, but saying stuff like that out in public to the media can break a team moral and unity.

SMH.[/quote]Will do.

You know what else can break a team morale & disrupt team unity? A one-man show, or one man who thinks it needs to be and always will be a one man show. Has this ever happened with Kobe before? Has there ever been a time during Kobe's tenure that people felt like the kid was too high on himself and they weren't feeling that?

Is it really so bad to make your teammates feel like it's their team? Look, everyone and their mom knows that this is Kobe's team. Let's be real. But would it be so wrong to make Dwight feel like it's his team? Would it be so wrong to make Nash feel like he's the one who actually runs the offense, and Kobe will do what Nash wants? Would it be so wrong to make a coach feel like he's actually the coach of the team, and if you need to tell something to Kobe that Kobe doesn't like, Kobe will do it?

What I just defined is a team player, and everything the time I say the stuff I say, people always ask me "Ok, but what about Jordan?", as if Jordan is the standard for me. I've been asked that in this thread in the last week.

Will do.

You know what else can break a team morale & disrupt team unity? A one-man show, or one man who thinks it needs to be and always will be a one man show. Has this ever happened with Kobe before? Has there ever been a time during Kobe's tenure that people felt like the kid was too high on himself and they weren't feeling that?

Is it really so bad to make your teammates feel like it's their team? Look, everyone and their mom knows that this is Kobe's team. Let's be real. But would it be so wrong to make Dwight feel like it's his team? Would it be so wrong to make Nash feel like he's the one who actually runs the offense, and Kobe will do what Nash wants? Would it be so wrong to make a coach feel like he's actually the coach of the team, and if you need to tell something to Kobe that Kobe doesn't like, Kobe will do it?

What I just defined is a team player, and everything the time I say the stuff I say, people always ask me "Ok, but what about Jordan?", as if Jordan is the standard for me. I've been asked that in this thread in the last week.
Well said DarthSka. 
glasses.gif

How bad does Brooklyn want Dwight?

How this trade not help us?

Depth at the forward, athletic and spacing is fixed, get CJ Watson a scoring guard to replace Golem. ALL with good contracts

So I repeat, if Dwight worth 6 players to Brooklyn?

Last edited:
Jim Buss has too much pride to fire Mike 'Antoni and hire Phil at this point. I don't even think Phil can save this team. Magic, Kareem, Byron, Big Game, West, Baylor are rolled over their grave watching our team play like this. :smh:
This is an utter embarrassment to put on that Laker jersey and witness them disgrace the colors, the history and the essence of a winning franchise with this horrendous showing of basketball. Every single one of them should be ashamed of themselves. It's downright pathetic and unacceptable. This season has been a slap in the face for us fans and the hall of famers who have donned the purple and gold.

Wolves and Lakers laugh at this trade..

How does the trade not help us? We get a more injury prone Non-Superstar's Superstar (that's the guy you're building around?) By the way Love is out until end of March. We get a guy who is more of a sideshow than a basketball player, making $12mil the next two years to put up 7&7. CJ Watson who is no better than Blake or Duhon... And Andray Blatche

Wolves trade the face of their franchise for Brook Lopez... :lol: :lol: :lol: You know why Kevin Love is in this "rumor" because he's unhappy in Minnesota. Do you know who the Wolves have been trying to get for 3 years to play with Rubio? Certainly not Brook Lopez. I'd rather just wait for him to demand a trade himself from the Wolves.

Again don't confuse the Nets desire to trade for Dwight, as the Lakers shopping him, or Dwight asking for a trade.

Last edited:

Work.

Hell we would be far better off with the Triangle Offense like we ran with Pau and Bynum, switch out Bynum for Dwight and there we go.

Phil doesn't wanna coach any bum Nets team like ESPN made it out to be, he wants to coach a team he know he can be successful with. Why not the Lakers again? He said he has no intentions of coaching but if Kobe talks to him, oh he'll do it alright.

This is the biggest Laker myth; Pau and Bynum were not AS successful together as you make it out to be. The key to that was LAMAR ODOM. Odom played most of the minutes with Pau (because Bynum was hurt) and with Bynum when Pau was going soft as he tends to do.
Howard=/= Bynum

PHIL IS GONE FOR GOOD BRO!! Get the hint.

EDIT:
You are out of your mind Essential! THIS TEAM SUCKS! DWIGHT is part of the problem not part of the solution.

CUT BAIT nowwww please Mitch get SOMETHING!

Last edited:

Work.

This is the biggest Laker myth; Pau and Bynum were not AS successful together as you make it out to be. The key to that was LAMAR ODOM. Odom played most of the minutes with Pau (because Bynum was hurt) and with Bynum when Pau was going soft as he tends to do.
Howard=/= Bynum

PHIL IS GONE FOR GOOD BRO!! Get the hint.

Agreed with everything Phil coming back :lol:

Miguel Angel Paniagua: Rumor with some legs from Charlotte: Bobcats could be considering a trade package of DeSagana Diop, Ben Gordon and a draft pick for Pau Gasol. Twitter @pantxopaniagua

No idea of this guys validity. Made Hoopshype's page... So he must have a little bit.

Last edited:
Blame this on Kobe.

Whose team is this?
Dwight: It's our team

Whose team is this?
Kobe: It's mine.

Everybody in the NBA knows its Kobe's team, but saying stuff like that out in public to the media can break a team moral and unity.

SMH.

I'm surprised this wasn't blown up more. When Shaq went to Miami it was Wade's team. When Bron & Bosh went to Miami it was "our team". The fact that they answered differently should have been a red flag.

EDIT:
You are out of your mind Essential! THIS TEAM SUCKS! DWIGHT is part of the problem not part of the solution.

So your answer is to build a team around Kevin Love :lol:

Around?? No

But Kevin Love is a Cali kid, a 20/10 machine and a big man that you don't have to run sets for him to score... so YESSSSSSS!

Long shot i know :lol:

EDIT:

So your answer is to build a team around Kevin Love :lol:

Around?? No

But Kevin Love is a Cali kid, a 20/10 machine and a big man that you don't have to run sets for him to score... so YESSSSSSS!

Long shot i know :lol:

I totally understand where your head is at wanting Love.. I want Love to.. But not for Dwight. That's a bad trade. But you have a face of a franchise that already said he doesn't want to be there... And a team that still wants one of our players (not Dwight) to pair with their PG.. We'd be better off just waiting for Love to say "TRADE ME" and swoop in.

But Love is a player that you get when you already have a face in place.

Last edited:
I wasn't in here yesterday for the game but.... Is there anything more irritating than MWP on offense?

MWP for a bag of sour cream and onion ruffles.

I really do understand why guys hate Lakers fans i'm rooting for the same team and 75% of yall come off as delusional, priveleged little ****** :smh:

I understand the season is going bad and yes we need changes, but damn one losing season Dwight isn't just no longer a superstar but he's a overpaid bum?

It's kobe's fault for not declaring the team is everyones ? you want a guy who's been one of the most successful players ever to completely switch his game and listen to a coach whos whole offense revolves around running and shooting on a team full of 30+ year olds and a lack of shooters?

If we don't overhaul the team now we are going to be stuck in mediocrity for the next 10 years?

Get A Grip please

How bad does Brooklyn want Dwight?

How this trade not help us?

Depth at the forward, athletic and spacing is fixed, get CJ Watson a scoring guard to replace Golem. ALL with good contracts

So I repeat, if Dwight worth 6 players to Brooklyn?

if this happened, i wouldn't eem be mad.

ideally i would like to keep dwight, but IF WE ABSOLUTELY HAD TO GET RID OF HIM, this seems like a good way to go about it.

get a young star we can surround talent with in years to come, and the 2014 cap space plan is still possible.

the only team getting the shaft really is minnesota. would pairing pekovic and lopez make sense for them?

Great. This again.

Poor Dwight, he needs to FEEL love. He needs to hear it's OUR team. 19 million dollars this year, with a chance at a hundred million thereafter isn't enough.

His teammate should "share" the team in the media, with some kind words. Ahhhh, poor Dwight.

Whereas when Kobe says to the world, it's "our" team, then that ******g hating *** world says Oh, Kobe's lost it, he's finished, he's not the leader, he's not this that or the other, it's now someone else's team.

And when the team still doesn't do well, because those stupid ******g words in the media don't play defense, or heal backs, or cure oldness, then guess what, it's STILL going to be on Kobe, cuz Dwight will do what? Put the blame elsewhere. Cuz as has been pointed out, he does that.

"That's on me," the 34-year-old Bryant said, pegging the shots that he missed short on his tired legs. "I'll take this loss on me, gladly. It was a lot of easy shots -- a lot of them -- that I should put down. I will, I will. That's just on me."

Bryant wanted more blame than just the past two losses. He says he wants the whole season's failures to rest on his shoulders.

"Everybody wants to know what's the reason, whose fault it is and this, that and the other," Bryant said. "I just made it more easy. You should just point the finger at me. Let me take all that. This way, we won't have to worry about that as a team. It's part of my responsibility. I'll take [the criticism] and we can just focus on what we do best, which is playing together and trying to figure out how to get out of this losing."

Anyone seen Dwight, say this? It's "our" team right, Dwight? Is he gonna do that? Is he going to start killing people to make plays?

He wants the ball? Why, so he can get stripped again? I saw it 17 times last night, pretty sure I got how it goes Dwight, thanks.

He was mad from bein tossed the night before, he was gonna come out and show up, right? Oh, he didn't do that neither.

But you know what would make this ALLLLLLL better, if Kobe would have only said, "this is "our" team". Then the world would be a better place and the Lakers would be a better team. Awwww, poor Dwight.

I want Kobe to retire just so I don't have to hear everyone bein all God damn sensitve and talkin about their feelin's and ****. Can't believe I have to hear this all over again after the Shaq years.

"come on Kobe, why can't you just let the guy that shows up 35 games into the season be the man?" That's fair, right? It's "our" team. I wonder if Luke Walton counts in that "our" ****. :lol:

Unbelievable. :smh:

So Kobe saying "Ok, those shots I should have put down. This one's on me" is your interpretation of Kobe saying "Team"? :lol:

"I missed easy shots. I need to make those next time" = "Team"

Yeahno.

"Everybody wants to know what's the reason, whose fault it is and this, that and the other," Bryant said. "I just made it more easy. You should just point the finger at me. Let me take all that. This way, we won't have to worry about that as a team. It's part of my responsibility. I'll take [the criticism] and we can just focus on what we do best, which is playing together and trying to figure out how to get out of this losing."

Missed shots, is that what this says? Missed shots, I need to make those next time?

You forgot to read the rest of the convo bro.

Back
Top Bottom