Delete

How Many Games Will The Lakers Win With Mike D'Antoni?

• 40-49...They're Going To Get Worse

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 50-59...Good Enough For A Solid Seed, Not Too Shabby

• 60-65...Top Seed and Impressive Record, Thumbs Up

• 66-70...Scary Good, All Teams Are Now Officially Scared

• 71+...Might As Well Cancel The Playoffs

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
What's make you think a guy who's looking to win a championship is going to stay on this sinking ship?

A sinking ship is a franchise locked into horrible deals for years and years with clueless front offices's that won't do what it takes to win.

LA has EVERYTHING set up for Dwight 18 months from now, and possibly sooner if they break off Pau this year. They have an entire cap to use for 2014 and beyond, and one of thee most attractive markets in the NBA. On top of that, they can pay Dwight more than any other team.

So to recap, he gets more money staying.
He gets a team built around him.
He lives in a great market for whatever he wants.

So while this season surely suck for him, and next year might suck as well, he stills has everything mapped out for him in terms of how it could look for his future. Keep in mind also, Shaq didn't win until his FOURTH season in LA. Kareem waited for like 6 years. LA will absolutely be mentioning that to him as a reminder.

But hey, if he rather play for less money, in a worse market, and still not be guaranteed a title, then by all means he should bail. Cuz that would smart, on his part. :lol:
How you gonna compare the fragile mind of Dwight to Shaq and Kareem.

:rofl:

This is Dwight we talking about, this ***** put Orlando and the fans through a headlock for an entire season. This ***** don't know if he wants the soup or salad for his appetizer. The NBA is changing, people are leaving teams for less money and the potential to get a ring NOW. Sure the future could possible look bright in 3 or so years, but you really have hopes in those 3 buffoons running the front office? They letting yall team sink as we speak and making yall the laughing stock of the NBA.

They picked an inept coach, who yall potential stuck with for 3 more years. They also signed a 38y/o PG. Yes, Steve Nash is a great guard, one of the top 5. He's still 38. We all knew before he played he was too damn old and WILL get his ankles burnt by younger, faster point guards. It's happening. It will continue to happen for 2 more years and your back guards are terrible too.

Also more importantly D12 has made zero mention of resigning, not even a slip of the tongue, or bought any long term property here in LA, that to me spells possible leverage to leave.

Tell me this, in 3 years, Kobe retires, Pau is gone. You have all that money freed up, who's a possible target to come to LA? Not talking rookies or draft, I mean, who's contract is done in 3 years and can move to LA? Also chill with the Lebron talk, he's not leaving Miami.

Do you follow the NBA? Like really, honest question, do you watch the NBA, or just talk in here?

Why do you keep saying 3 years? We're like 18 months from the 2014 offseason of rebuilding. Why you puttin another 18 months on top of that?

And the 2014 Free Agent class is damn near the same class as the 2010 one. Free agents everywhere. And guys that won't be free agents, will have one year on their deals. IE, if their team don't think they can keep them, they may have to flip them.

And we need to chill with Lebron, he's not leaving Miami, but Dwight is absolutely leaving the Lakers? :lol:

And are you honestly questioning what Mitch and Jerry Buss have done in their time? Really? Jim has had some misses, he also added Nash and Dwight for basically just an oft injured (and currently injured) Andrew Bynum. That's it. Why shouldn't we have faith in them? Certainly this year has not gone our way, no question, certainly wish we had Phil and not D'Antoni, but that's ok. Teams take a chance, sometimes they backfire. But it doesn't erase all the good they have done here. They'll be fine.

I swear, we are forever in the NBA landscape, 60+ years, and with 3 bad months, everyone and their brother thinks the Lakers are dead forever. **** is wrong with you people? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Do you follow the NBA? Like really, honest question, do you watch the NBA, or just talk in here?

Why do you keep saying 3 years? We're like 18 months from the 2014 offseason of rebuilding. Why you puttin another 18 months on top of that?

And the 2014 Free Agent class is damn near the same class as the 2010 one. Free agents everywhere. And guys that won't be free agents, will have one year on their deals. IE, if their team don't think they can keep them, they may have to flip them.

And we need to chill with Lebron, he's not leaving Miami, but Dwight is absolutely leaving the Lakers?
laugh.gif

And are you honestly questioning what Mitch and Jerry Buss have done in their time? Really? Jim has had some misses, he also added Nash and Dwight for basically just an oft injured (and currently injured) Andrew Bynum. That's it. Why shouldn't we have faith in them? Certainly this year has not gone our way, no question, certainly wish we had Phil and not D'Antoni, but that's ok. Teams take a chance, sometimes they backfire. But it doesn't erase all the good they have done here. They'll be fine.

I swear, we are forever in the NBA landscape, 60+ years, and with 3 bad months, everyone and their brother thinks the Lakers are dead forever. **** is wrong with you people?
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
If I could give you a +10 then I would.

What's make you think a guy who's looking to win a championship is going to stay on this sinking ship?

A sinking ship is a franchise locked into horrible deals for years and years with clueless front offices's that won't do what it takes to win.

LA has EVERYTHING set up for Dwight 18 months from now, and possibly sooner if they break off Pau this year. They have an entire cap to use for 2014 and beyond, and one of thee most attractive markets in the NBA. On top of that, they can pay Dwight more than any other team.

So to recap, he gets more money staying.
He gets a team built around him.
He lives in a great market for whatever he wants.

So while this season surely suck for him, and next year might suck as well, he stills has everything mapped out for him in terms of how it could look for his future. Keep in mind also, Shaq didn't win until his FOURTH season in LA. Kareem waited for like 6 years. LA will absolutely be mentioning that to him as a reminder.

But hey, if he rather play for less money, in a worse market, and still not be guaranteed a title, then by all means he should bail. Cuz that would smart, on his part. :lol:
How you gonna compare the fragile mind of Dwight to Shaq and Kareem.

:rofl:

This is Dwight we talking about, this ***** put Orlando and the fans through a headlock for an entire season. This ***** don't know if he wants the soup or salad for his appetizer. The NBA is changing, people are leaving teams for less money and the potential to get a ring NOW. Sure the future could possible look bright in 3 or so years, but you really have hopes in those 3 buffoons running the front office? They letting yall team sink as we speak and making yall the laughing stock of the NBA.

They picked an inept coach, who yall potential stuck with for 3 more years. They also signed a 38y/o PG. Yes, Steve Nash is a great guard, one of the top 5. He's still 38. We all knew before he played he was too damn old and WILL get his ankles burnt by younger, faster point guards. It's happening. It will continue to happen for 2 more years and your back guards are terrible too.

Also more importantly D12 has made zero mention of resigning, not even a slip of the tongue, or bought any long term property here in LA, that to me spells possible leverage to leave.

Tell me this, in 3 years, Kobe retires, Pau is gone. You have all that money freed up, who's a possible target to come to LA? Not talking rookies or draft, I mean, who's contract is done in 3 years and can move to LA? Also chill with the Lebron talk, he's not leaving Miami.

I've been trying to say this for a long time, Mike.

Laker fans are experiencing the same thing those Cleveland fans experienced with Lebron. Obviously they wont admit to it, because we all know what happened to Lebron :lol:

On a serious note, Boost made a lot of really strong points. The argument of more money, hollywood, girls is getting played out. We've seen the culture changing in the NBA and it's going to continue to happen.

I wanted to give MD a chance, I figured he would adjust some things like his pace and what not. If he's going to put big minutes on his older players, then at the very least slow the damn offense down, not have them try and run and rush the pace.

And if we are putrid on defense (and we are) then limit the amount of possession per game to try and hide that weakness, but again, he don't do that neither. :smh:

Still boggles my mind, that 2 months ago we were sitting in prime position to bring back Phil Jackson, and WE said no. :lol: :stoneface:

As soon as I heard D'Antoni say "If we're not averaging 115 pts its a problem" I was done with him. Dude said nothing about defense. We got Kobe in his mid 30's, Nash at almost 40 and MWP who has slowed down a lot and he wants run a offense that's fit for teams like Denver or GS. :smh:

Forget Phil, We want Bernie back. :lol:

The Bulls are gonna out-hustle us all night.

Last edited:
Wow. That's really disappointing to read. Talk about over selling and under delivering...only the Showtime LA Lakers averaged 115/game in LA's history and we're supposed to do it on these old legs? :smh:

They don't like Jodie's defense I don't think. And can't Gibson run some PG? So maybe they want him for that, and Meeks can't offer that versatility.

Not saying I agree with goin after Titty, just what they may be thinkin is all.

Man, I wonder if they sell Pau for 30 cents on the dollar next month. :smh: I have a hard time thinkin they are just gonna sit thru the deadline and do nothin.

I've never seen anything like this. Even if someone could sell me that we wouldn't be very good this year, maybe I'd buy 7-8 seed, but to completely fall off the face of the earth like this, no way. :smh:

And this week......Bulls, Grizzlies, Jazz, Thunder. Ummmmm.......... :lol:

That's what I'm thinking is he'd be the backup PG.. But seriously... Play Jodie :lol:

As for Pau.. If the Hawks are trading Josh this season it will be for a Veteran.. They won't hit the reset completely. Talk all you want about Pau's contract they won't lose a "All Star" for stuff that won't come around 5 years from now.

But I'm betting Pau is traded in the offseason tho for a backup PG. Decent Starting PF. And probably a 2/3 that is toward the end of the bench..

Last edited:
Tonight on National TV watching us struggle to score, while they score at will against us is going to be great for the internet.

I'm so excited.

So is my phone.

My wife and daughter, not so much.

:lol:

Meeks has proven that he doesn't deserve playing time. His job is to be a consistent knockdown shooter when Kobe, Nash or Dwight kick out and he's instead: 1) not been a consistent knockdown shooter and 2) put the ball on the floor rather than do his job, which I wouldn't mind, except he does not have any put-the-ball-on-the-floor skills. You can argue he needs to get more PT to establish rhythm but I think he's done enough to warrant getting yanked from the rotation.

With that said we need a guard off the bench who is a threat. The bench doesn't have enough punch. Meeks isn't consistent enough to be a "threat." Think Shannon Brown or Vujacic... not the best, and infuriating at times, but the threat of them dropping buckets was always there. The Lakers need that.

If we're past the Delonte phase, I say we look at Bobby Brown. Euroleague MVP... buzz that an NBA team would be knocking at his door... and I remember him being decent from his Kings stint

No need for us to even watch the game.

Lakers start the game down 10 early.

Lead balloons to 18

We cut the lead to 3 in the 4th

We lose by 6

Back
Top Bottom