Delete

How Many Games Will The Lakers Win With Mike D'Antoni?

• 40-49...They're Going To Get Worse

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 50-59...Good Enough For A Solid Seed, Not Too Shabby

• 60-65...Top Seed and Impressive Record, Thumbs Up

• 66-70...Scary Good, All Teams Are Now Officially Scared

• 71+...Might As Well Cancel The Playoffs

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I think the Lakers should trade for Rudy Gay, give us a second go to guy so kobe can focus on defense, and not have to be relied on so much..

Do you watch bro?

They don't post Pau up. Pau rarely gets the ball on the post, most of the time he gets the ball it's for an out of range mid-range jump shot or the high post. How can you score and make post moves when you don't get the ball?

If the Lakers want to be better on offense they need to feed him the ball more than they feed Howard. Not to mention Pau is a great passer when hes down low, he can spread the floor.

D'Antoni has no idea how to run this team on offense. Defense is a whole other issue.

If he wanted to post up he would run and set up there. Have you been watching Laker games the last 3 seasons brosef? Dude got plenty of post up opportunities under Phil in 2011 and under Brown in 2012 and was still pretty mediocre. He has been having more 2-12 games than 25 point games since 2010-2011. He has been having trouble making wide open layups this year.

Only shooters can spread the floor. Floor spacing is more directly affected by having a bunch of shooters.

i agree with most posts about the offense but it still doesnt solve the defense. if they score 100 points and give up 115 it doesnt matter if nash dishes out 15 assists, kobe scores 30, howard hags 25 and 15, gasol has 15 and 8, etc. this teams still has to stop the other team on offense. i think too much focus is being focused on how to gel the offense.

By the way.. 2013 Offseason Stuff... Earl Clark may or may not be a Laker next year.. From the way I saw on Hoopsworld website, Eric Pincus really tries to get every little detail correct, we have Bird Rights on him. Meaning we can basically offer him anything less than a max deal. But the Lakers won't commit too much money on him..

Depends on how much interest he draws from the FA market.

And whether Pau gets traded this season is up in the air... BUT he will be gone in the offseason....

Last edited:
What kind of contract do you see Earl getting if he keeps playing like this?

It really depends.. And that word depends means what terrible team will end up giving him an awful contract.

My honest opinion 4 year / $24-26mil is what he gets. But wouldn't be surprised if someone jumps the shark and goes up to $28mil. That's if he continues to show out on a consistent basis.

Unless Lakers shed money on dealing Pau in the offseason... Clark won't be around for that money.

Lakers probably hope it would be around $4mil a year. But I just don't see it staying that low. I think Clark would be one of the first pieces to go when teams have more space.

Hill was offered $5mil a year by the Wolves.. Sessions got $5mil a year from the Bobcats

Last edited:
I can't imagine Clark getting more than a three year deal for $4 million per, but I guess you never know.

Last edited:
This whole Dwight talk reminds me of LeBron 2010 all over again :smh:

Hasn't that summer taught us anything? You got Essential and CP sounding like Animal Thug and SenatorJeff :lol:

I can't imagine Clark getting more than a three year deal for $4 million per, but I guess you never know.

Sessions got $5mil. Hill was offered $5mil from the Wolves this past year.

Clark is showing he's better than both of them.. The dependence is consistency. If he doesn't stay consistent, he will probably get 3yr/$15.

You never know what the Bucks will do like offer him all the money in the world :lol:

Last edited:

Hasn't that summer taught us anything? You got Essential and CP sounding like Animal Thug and SenatorJeff :lol:

That summer had like 100 solid free agents... And the potential for a colluded effort to field a super team.

This offseason.. Unless CP3 leaves the Clippers (he won't, has too much pull within the franchise to leave there). There is no chance of collusion..

With 3 teams that are smaller markets. Cost him money on and off the court. No added benefit to winning a title. Not a better cap situation. Have no history of attracting FAs. Hell it'd be like he went back to Orlando.

Carl Landry got 2 years-$8M and Mo Speights got 2 years-$7M.

But I never count out the stupidity of front offices in the league. If a team wants to give Clark a 4 year-$20M+ offer, then best of luck to him and the team. :rofl:

Carl Landry got 2 years-$8M and Mo Speights got 2 years-$7M.

But I never count out the stupidity of front offices in the league. If a team wants to give Clark a 4 year-$20M+ offer, then best of luck to him and the team. :rofl:

Lee got 4 year $21.5mil..

That seems like a Clark deal..

But it all depends.. FO's went spending crazy this past year, it could be entirely different..

I think 3 year $15mil - 4 year $25 mil are all possible. Just depends on the market.

And whether Clark is smart and tries to sign quickly or not. Longer he waits, less he'll get.

Hopefully we can keep him, but for reasonable price. If he shows out, I think they'll make that push to keep him like they did with Jordan Hill.

Last edited:

That summer had like 100 solid free agents... And the potential for a colluded effort to field a super team.

This offseason.. Unless CP3 leaves the Clippers (he won't, has too much pull within the franchise to leave there). There is no chance of collusion..

With 3 teams that are smaller markets. Cost him money on and off the court. No added benefit to winning a title. Not a better cap situation. Have no history of attracting FAs. Hell it'd be like he went back to Orlando.

We all have 20/20 hindsight, bro. Don't be arrogant and rule out a player wanting to leave his current team for something else. If there's one thing that summer taught us is that we NEVER really know what the players are thinking. As much as we think we do, we never really do.

Do i think Dwight will leave? Probably not, but there's a chance that he might.

I never said he's a lock to stay. But we have a lot of advantages in our favor for him to stay. One other one would be this.....if he leaves, that's 3 teams in 3 years. Not something a prime star wants on his resume. And he had trouble leaving Orlando, imagine if he pulled that on Laker fans. :rofl:

Burn his jersey my foot, we'd have dudes chasing him around with gallons of gas to burn the shirt on his back. :lol:

Laker fans tend to be angry about things that don't go our way......in case you haven't noticed in this thread.

Please never compare me to a Cavs fan again, ever. Thanks.

Back to this season... MDA really has to put some sort of faith in this bench... It's not the best bench. Not the worst bench. I'd rather not. But we actually have to.

We have an older / battered team... Playing a 34 year old, 17 year veteran 39 minutes per game is asinine.

Nash (30) / Duhon and / or Morris* (18)
Kobe (24) / Meeks (20) / Morris (4)
Metta (30) / Kobe (10) / Clark ( 8 )
Pau (12) / Clark (20) Jamison (16)
Dwight (34) / Pau (14)

Duhon and Morris probably 11mpg each.

Our defense is bad. I think that is as much bad personnel as it is bad coaching.. But we can't outgun people by playing 38, 32 & 34 year olds at 36+ minutes..

Less minutes for each starter, the better because it gives them a chance to keep their legs in a game. And from game to game.

Last edited:
I wanted to give MD a chance, I figured he would adjust some things like his pace and what not. If he's going to put big minutes on his older players, then at the very least slow the damn offense down, not have them try and run and rush the pace.

And if we are putrid on defense (and we are) then limit the amount of possession per game to try and hide that weakness, but again, he don't do that neither. :smh:

Still boggles my mind, that 2 months ago we were sitting in prime position to bring back Phil Jackson, and WE said no. :lol: :stoneface:

I wanted to give MD a chance, I figured he would adjust some things like his pace and what not. If he's going to put big minutes on his older players, then at the very least slow the damn offense down, not have them try and run and rush the pace.

And if we are putrid on defense (and we are) then limit the amount of possession per game to try and hide that weakness, but again, he don't do that neither. :smh:

Still boggles my mind, that 2 months ago we were sitting in prime position to bring back Phil Jackson, and WE said no. :lol: :stoneface:

That's the most logical part... I posted it somewhere after a lose that when you're giving up 85 shots. You can play decent defense, and still likely give up 98+ points. There's been I think 5 or 6 games where we held a team to 40-43% shooting, and still gave up 100 points. Which is insane.

On offense, we could score 100 easily even if we make each possession a chess match.

The problem is... We have the personnel. And talent to be a top 4 seed currently. BUT, no one wants to manage minutes, and lineups correctly.

Last edited:
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

I hope they define short list by 1,000 candidates, and he's in the nine hundreds somewhere. That dude couldn't coach my daughters team. :lol:

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

I hope they define short list by 1,000 candidates, and he's in the nine hundreds somewhere. That dude couldn't coach my daughters team. :lol:

Short list as in favorites... Also Quin Snyder is expected to be in the few favorites.

Nothing says Dwight SIGN here than Mike Brown & Quin Snyder

What's make you think a guy who's looking to win a championship is going to stay on this sinking ship?

A sinking ship is a franchise locked into horrible deals for years and years with clueless front offices's that won't do what it takes to win.

LA has EVERYTHING set up for Dwight 18 months from now, and possibly sooner if they break off Pau this year. They have an entire cap to use for 2014 and beyond, and one of thee most attractive markets in the NBA. On top of that, they can pay Dwight more than any other team.

So to recap, he gets more money staying.
He gets a team built around him.
He lives in a great market for whatever he wants.

So while this season surely suck for him, and next year might suck as well, he stills has everything mapped out for him in terms of how it could look for his future. Keep in mind also, Shaq didn't win until his FOURTH season in LA. Kareem waited for like 6 years. LA will absolutely be mentioning that to him as a reminder.

But hey, if he rather play for less money, in a worse market, and still not be guaranteed a title, then by all means he should bail. Cuz that would smart, on his part. :lol:
How you gonna compare the fragile mind of Dwight to Shaq and Kareem.

:rofl:

This is Dwight we talking about, this ***** put Orlando and the fans through a headlock for an entire season. This ***** don't know if he wants the soup or salad for his appetizer. The NBA is changing, people are leaving teams for less money and the potential to get a ring NOW. Sure the future could possible look bright in 3 or so years, but you really have hopes in those 3 buffoons running the front office? They letting yall team sink as we speak and making yall the laughing stock of the NBA.

They picked an inept coach, who yall potential stuck with for 3 more years. They also signed a 38y/o PG. Yes, Steve Nash is a great guard, one of the top 5. He's still 38. We all knew before he played he was too damn old and WILL get his ankles burnt by younger, faster point guards. It's happening. It will continue to happen for 2 more years and your back guards are terrible too.

Also more importantly D12 has made zero mention of resigning, not even a slip of the tongue, or bought any long term property here in LA, that to me spells possible leverage to leave.

Tell me this, in 3 years, Kobe retires, Pau is gone. You have all that money freed up, who's a possible target to come to LA? Not talking rookies or draft, I mean, who's contract is done in 3 years and can move to LA? Also chill with the Lebron talk, he's not leaving Miami.

Back
Top Bottom