Delete

How Many Games Will The Lakers Win With Mike D'Antoni?

• 40-49...They're Going To Get Worse

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 50-59...Good Enough For A Solid Seed, Not Too Shabby

• 60-65...Top Seed and Impressive Record, Thumbs Up

• 66-70...Scary Good, All Teams Are Now Officially Scared

• 71+...Might As Well Cancel The Playoffs

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Last edited:
And here we go again with the trade rumors...Pau for Ryan Anderson and pieces. :smh:

Part of the Gasol's problem is that he's ALWAYS hearing his name in trade rumors. Imagine the amount of pressure that puts on a player to perform and he's in a new system, playing out of position so of course he's going to struggle. Such a Catch 22.

And here we go again with the trade rumors...Pau for Ryan Anderson and pieces. :smh:

Part of the Gasol's problem is that he's ALWAYS hearing his name in trade rumors. Imagine the amount of pressure that puts on a player to perform and he's in a new system, playing out of position so of course he's going to struggle. Such a Catch 22.

He really needs to grow up. He's 32 years old, been in the league a decade. Just play ball.

He's been "out of position" for a year.. He had time to work on developing what he needed to do. Where he was last year, is where he is this year.

Even then D'Antoni is slowly adjusting his rotations for Pau..... His response.. Nothing.

Last edited:
No reason why Pau cant get more post touches. Plenty of shots to go around. Isn't that supposed to be a positive of the D' offense?

And I am so SICK AND TIRED of him not playing Hill. He complains about the lack of energy yet cant put in the HIGHEST ENERGY PLAYER???? His rotations have been very Brown-esque, especially after Ebanks in last night. No real problem with his minutes, but the game after Meeks finally goes off? the SHOOTER the team needs? Unbelievable

No reason why Pau cant get more post touches. Plenty of shots to go around. Isn't that supposed to be a positive of the D' offense?

And I am so SICK AND TIRED of him not playing Hill. He complains about the lack of energy yet cant put in the HIGHEST ENERGY PLAYER???? His rotations have been very Brown-esque, especially after Ebanks in last night. No real problem with his minutes, but the game after Meeks finally goes off? the SHOOTER the team needs? Unbelievable

Maybe we should just move Pau to the second unit.. And give Jamison the start.

Ebanks minutes were at the detriment of Jodie's. Because rather than move Kobe over to the 3. To give Meeks. 5-6 extra minutes, He played Ebanks.

Someone's got to be the sacrificial lamb in this rotation.

Ebanks minutes were at the detriment of Jodie's. Because rather than move Kobe over to the 3. To give Meeks. 5-6 extra minutes, He played Ebanks.

+1

Exactly what I was thinking.

+1

Exactly what I was thinking.

And by sacrificial lamb. It shouldn't be JHill.. Should be Ebanks.

PG: Again can't until Nash comes back
SG: Kobe (28) / Meeks (20)
SF: Metta (32) / Kobe (7) / Jamison (5) / Ebanks (4)
PF: Pau (17) / Jamison (19) / Hill (12)
C: Dwight (35) / Pau (13)

It's a 10 man rotation. Not that hard to do. Same problem Brown had with rotations, D'Antoni seems to make it worse.

Let's assume Pau's knees really hurt... And it is hurting his play.. It's his damn job to ask for rest.

If his knees are making him look this bad, he needs rest.. The only reason his name is in trade talks is because of his poor play.

If it's a knee thing, indicate you need some time out.

Last edited:
The one thing I hate is that Steve ******g Blake is holding a rotation hostage.

More so than Nash. Because Nash can change things, Blake can't. But we're waiting on Blake, when we should go out and fill the backup spot.

Morris CAN be good. But he needs more time to develop.

Duhon is not a reliable PG. No matter how much we like the guy. It's like McBob last year. We all love him, but he isn't an honest role player.

morris on defense > morris on offense

what if we trade pau for a 3 and move jamison to the starting 4? and ron to the bench?

ron is our 3rd leading scoring but he is no threat. he will continue to shoot 2/8 from 3 even if nash is back

Last edited:

what if we trade pau for a 3 and move jamison to the starting 4? and ron to the bench?

ron is our 3rd leading scoring but he is no threat. he will continue to shoot 2/8 from 3 even if nash is back

Then you overplay Jamison.. And Hill..

Jamison should be around 24. Hill could be 17. But 17 minutes are not available to him.

Say you then play Jamison 28. Hill 20.

Who plays the 12 minutes Dwight is on the bench.

Ron has easily been our most consistent player on both ends of the court and he's starting to stretch the defense and drive to the basket. Ron def needs to be a starter.

I told y'all before the problem is simple, move Gasol to the 2nd unit. It was a toss up of whether to start hill or Jamison but Jamison has shown the ability to get buckets so start him. Let Pau play the backup center with hill crashing the boards as the 4. Simple.

He really needs to grow up. He's 32 years old, been in the league a decade. Just play ball.
He's been "out of position" for a year.. He had time to work on developing what he needed to do. Where he was last year, is where he is this year.
Even then D'Antoni is slowly adjusting his rotations for Pau..... His response.. Nothing.

True, but he's also human. I doubt another NBA player has been rumored to be traded as much. Hell, we actually did trade him once. And then when you look at the person, Pau has NEVER been the strongest mentally or emotionless machine Kobe is.

And D'Antoni is slowly adjusting a lot right now. I too like the idea of bringing Pau off the bench to play the 5 the entire game and have Jamison start. But then D'Antoni would have to play Hill...unless we have another body who can play the 4 to give Jamison a rest...he's only kicking 40s door down.

First off, stop putting Jamison at the 3, you're wasting your time.

Second, Mike D has that figured out as well, and since Jamison has been playin more 4, he's been playing better, not a coincidence.

Third, why, I mean this honestly, WHY, would Ebanks play 4 minutes per game? :lol: Just use those damn minutes elsewhere, ain't no good comes out of 4 minutes for a guy, ever.

Nash/Blake with Morris getting specialty minutes
Kobe/Meeks
Ron/Ebanks
Pau/Jamison with Hill playing like Morris
Dwight/Pau

Hill and Morris become the guys that get infrequent minutes, but can and would be useful say in second of back to backs. Or a game after an OT game. 3rd game in 4 nights, things like that. In those games, you use those 2 for extra energy, extra rest. When you have weeks that only have 2 games, like a Monday/Thursday/Sunday type set up, then you can shorten it a bit and not play Morris or Hill barring foul trouble, injury, etc.

Mike is searching that right now. Seeing how his guys play with this group, that group, this situation, etc. At least I hope so. :lol: Cuz if he sat Meeks after what that kid did Friday night, and did so for no other reason than to just throw Ebanks in there, I'll kill him. But I'm fairly sure he was doin that for a reason. He isn't coaching for a single game like MB was doin, he's doin this for the benefit of the whole season, learn the guys, learn the stuff they can do, and play ball. By year end, he'll know who he likes and doesn't, and that rotation will set in, and roles will define.

My question is, will he murder everyone even worse with the minutes toll? That's my biggest fear. I'm actually glad Nash is getting all this rest, should be the freshest legs he's had in the playoffs since he was in Dallas. Hope it works out for him.

Other funny part about all this struggle, here we are tryin to figure this out, that out, etc etc, and then Nash and Blake come back, and players have to shift all over again. Minutes move, roles readjust. Ugh. :lol:

The point of putting Jamison in for 4-5 minutes at the 3. Is to give the Pau the minutes he needs to play by himself as the focal big man. And enough with Dwight as well...

Or you'll continue to cut Pau's minutes to about 26-28 or so.

But a valid point..

Kobe (28)/Meeks (20)
Metta (32) / Kobe (6) / Ebanks (10)
Pau (14) / Jamison (21) / Hill (13)
Dwight (35) / Pau (13)

Last edited:

I'm sorry...it's tough for me to stomach people who celebrate injuries just because they don't like the player. :smh:

But in this particular case....I'll allow it. :tongue:

Can we get Goudelock back? Would he even want to come back?

Why'd we cut him instead of stashing him in the D-League?

6-8 weeks = comes back in February. Near the trade deadline...... ****

Smush is watching

You sure do ****** stay in our lane don'tcha homie? You really came up thru a Laker thread to drop a Smush comment in here? Really? Shouldn't you have dropped it in a Knicks thread, and accused them all of being Laker fans?

Back
Top Bottom