Delete

How Many Games Will The Lakers Win With Mike D'Antoni?

• 40-49...They're Going To Get Worse

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 50-59...Good Enough For A Solid Seed, Not Too Shabby

• 60-65...Top Seed and Impressive Record, Thumbs Up

• 66-70...Scary Good, All Teams Are Now Officially Scared

• 71+...Might As Well Cancel The Playoffs

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
No reason why Pau cant get more post touches. Plenty of shots to go around. Isn't that supposed to be a positive of the D' offense?
And I am so SICK AND TIRED of him not playing Hill. He complains about the lack of energy yet cant put in the HIGHEST ENERGY PLAYER???? His rotations have been very Brown-esque, especially after Ebanks in last night. No real problem with his minutes, but the game after Meeks finally goes off? the SHOOTER the team needs? Unbelievable
roll.gif
Sorry, this isn't 1995.

Pau's not playing tonight. Out with tendinitis in both knees.

Edit:

Duhon will start tonight as well.

Last edited:
Resting Pau is for the best

90% of the fans and media are too busy blaming him for not fitting in that they overlook the obvious - he looks a step slow and has for most of the season.

He shouldn't be getting half the blame he's been getting for looking "disinterested" and/or "out of place," at least not yet. He could've taken it upon himself to sit or whatever, but that's another issue.

And starting Duhon is for the best too. He's not as trash as his reputation makes him out to be. I think his court vision is decent. Morris can push it and attack and all that, but he doesn't have the court vision.

Last edited:
@imsohideouss Opponents are shooting worse and averaging fewer rebounds per/48 when Pau is on the floor without Dwight.
@imsohideouss With Howard on the floor, 54 percent of Pau's shots are mid range jumpers. Without DH, that number drops to 25%.
@imsohideouss Without DH on the floor, Pau is taking over 40% of his shots right at the rim. Another 27% in the paint.
@imsohideouss Almost 70% of Pau's shots are within 10 feet of the rim when DH is sitting, and he's shooting a shade over 50% on those shots.

Finally they decide to sit Pau. I've always thought that he should have just taken some games off to rest/heal when they first reported he had tendinitis, especially while Nash was also out.

You guys, it's ok.

I haven't had time to watch much this season, but I did get to see the Denver game. Missed Orlando. They seem to lose if I don't watch so I'll pledge to catch every game the rest of the month, and we'll be good.

:wink:

edit: Glad to hear Pau is going to rest.

Last edited:
Pau needs all of the rest he can get. So Jamison and Duhon both get the starts tonight correct?

Get ready for Pau to be moved. This sit down isn't for rest alone.

Last edited:
Pau needs it he's been playing non-stop this year w/ the Olympics.

If he keeps playing it will eventually catch up to him playoff time. Then he WILL be traded :lol:

I would like to see Hill start and let Antwan lead the bench.

Lakers F Pau Gasol out Tuesday

Los Angeles Lakers forward Pau Gasol will not play Tuesday against the Houston Rockets because of tendinitis in both knees.

"The biggest thing with him was that he was playing hurt and in this league you just can't do that," Lakers coach Mike D'Antoni said. "I just didn't think he was running fluidly."

D'Antoni said Gasol made the decision to rest after consulting with the coaching and training staff. There is no set timetable for how long Gasol will sit out. Antawn Jamison will start in his place.

"We got to get him healthy," D'Antoni said. "Whatever it takes -- one game, two games, 10 games -- I don't know. It's day to day but he's got to be healthy. It wasn't fair (to him). He's trying to battle through some stuff and in this league, you just can't do that."

Gasol is sitting not because a trade involving the former four-time All-Star is in the works, according to multiple league sources. However, a source told ESPNLosAngeles.com that Lakers general manager Mitch Kupchak has recently spoken to Gasol's representatives and the gist of the conversation was that if Gasol is unable to adjust to D'Antoni's system, the team will have no choice but to search for possible trade scenarios.

Their game against the Rockets is the start of a particularly tough stretch for the Lakers -- eight of their next 10 are on the road. L.A. is 1-4 away from Staples Center this sason.

The Lakers called up rookie big man Robert Sacre from the Los Angeles D-Fenders, their D-League affiliate, Monday as big-man insurance for their bench. Forward Jordan Hill, who was a DNP-CD in the Lakers' last game, could also find minutes in the rotation.

"Somebody's woe is somebody's gain and they got to take advantage of it," D'Antoni said.

Following Sunday's loss to the Orlando Magic, Kobe Bryant was critical of Gasol, who has questioned his role in the Lakers' offense. Gasol watched the final minutes of the fourth quarter from the bench Sunday.

"Put your big-boy pants on," Bryant said after the loss dropped the team's record to 8-9. "Just adjust. Just adjust. You can't whine about it. You can't complain about it."

Gasol was subbed out with 6:07 remaining in the fourth quarter and the Lakers up 84-83. Orlando outscored L.A. 30-19 the rest of the way. Gasol ended his night with 11 points on 4-for-11 shooting, seven rebounds, two assists and a block in 29 minutes.

Bryant said he could relate to Gasol's struggles, telling reporters after Tuesday's shootaround that he had to make a similar decision to sit out late last season when tenosynovitis in his left shin caused him to miss seven games.
"We talked about it a little bit," Bryant said. "It's difficult for him, obviously, because he doesn't have the explosiveness that he had, so a lot of it I'm assuming has to do with his being injured physically and not being able to get up and down the court and perform at a high level, which could lead to some frustration. I dealt with it with the shin. You're kind of out there playing around and playing and you kind of wind up being a little bit of a shell of yourself because of your physical limitations."

Added Dwight Howard: "You always want to try to play and give a great effort every night and do the best you can, but sometimes you get scrutinized when you don't perform as well as everybody wants you to. Sometimes they may not realize that we may be injured. People expect ... when we get on the floor to be 100 percent every night. I think it's a tough situation for Pau, but he has to realize we all got his back."

Gasol, a 12-year veteran, is averaging 12.6 points and 42 percent shooting, both career lows, and 8.8 rebounds per game.

"I hope I can be back soon!" Gasol said on Twitter.
Link

Pau being the 6th man for this team is painfully obvious at this point. It will make the team potent in the paint for a full 48mins, not to mention keep the big men's minutes down.

The opposing teams would have to alternate between guarding Howard and Pau at the 5 for 48mins. Jamison and Hill will thrive in defined roles.

And they could play Pick and Roll all day like D'Antoni wants.

Just restating the obvious, I know.

Pau has been a step slow since D'Antoni was hired and probably a while before.

I think people too often confuse the effects of his knee tendinitis with looking lost or out of place.

why does D'antoni have problems with atleast 1 player for every team he coaches? He always seems to pick his favorites and play them. While the un-cool kids have to sit on the bench. Enjoy the NY reject, Lakers. You guys shouldve stayed with Brown.

You guys shouldve stayed with Brown

You ever say that **** in here again and I will cut you, ya hear me?

:lol: Just playin, but really, don't ever say that crap again about keeping Brown. I rather have Mike D wear down our team to nubs than watch Mike B do it. D'Antoni at least has an idea how to coach a portion of the squad, MB was ****** useless.

:lol: This is 04 all over again. Nash and Pau are already washed up, pretty soon either Kobe or Dwight is gonna take a bad spill, but somehow someway they found their way into the finals, and had a shot until Karl went down for good. Bottom line, have to find a way to have them all healthy come April-June. Hell or high water. I would love to have HC, but that's probably dead now, but I don't worry at all about this core winning games on the road when it matters. Dwight's done it, Nash has done it, Kobe's done it, Pau's done it. Hell, Ron's done it. They aren't a bunch of 24 year olds scared of the moment, they'll be fine on the road, IF they are all there, healthy, and all the system issues, rotation issues and such are worked out. Notice Duhon getting a start now, more tinkering. More of D'Antoni learning the team, trying things out while we wait for Nash to get back. Should help in the long run. I have no idea if Mike is as smart as Phil was, when Phil tinkered, I knew it would work out later on at some point, I don't yet know that about Mike D. We'll find out.

Hill, Meeks, Ebanks, Morris all should get plenty of run off the bench tonight. That's good, for ALL of them. On the road too, perfect. Use their energy, burn their minutes, let them learn. And more importantly, less Meeks shoot. A lot. :D

Please Lord, don't let Mike burn 40 minutes on both Kobe and Dwight, we do have a game tomorrow, please tell me he knows that. Keep it in your pants Mike, you can burn one at 40 if need be, and then switch it out tomorrow. IE, Kobe 40 tonight, Dwight 40 tomorrow, etc. Best case, 35 for both, each night.

Back
Top Bottom