Delete

How Many Games Will The Lakers Win With Mike D'Antoni?

• 40-49...They're Going To Get Worse

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 50-59...Good Enough For A Solid Seed, Not Too Shabby

• 60-65...Top Seed and Impressive Record, Thumbs Up

• 66-70...Scary Good, All Teams Are Now Officially Scared

• 71+...Might As Well Cancel The Playoffs

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I HATE THE KOBE IS OVERRATED THREAD.
RUINS MY DAY
I WISH I COULD SHUT IT DOWN WITHOUT BEING BANNED.. :smh:

why? its just a bunch of Kobe haters.

its funny how most of them knw more stats bout Kobe than they do bout their own team. Its like they watch basketball to see Kobe fail, lol.

dont let them get to you, Kobe is and will be a first-ballot HOF'er with 5 rings and will have a statue. Them dudes cant say any of that for most of their fav players.

that title alone should be a warning to not go in. let these haters hate

if you do choose to shut it down, go out with a bang :winkwink

Eh.... Not a Bargs fan tho.

Same here. I had this same conversation with my barber, a huge Laker fan, last night so I raised it to you guys.

Our team as currently constructed has no perimeter shooters. Haven't had a guy who you couldn't leave open for awhile now. Jamison hasn't lived up to anyone's expectations thus far and I'm not sure what we're going to get out of Meeks going forward.

Bargnani may be softer than Pau (obviously Bargs is not snatching 10+ rebounds a night), but he will stretch that floor and hit the shots that NOBODY else on this team outside of Kobe can hit. In D'Antoni's system, how many low block post up players do you need? Probably none at all...so we certianly have a surplus for that skill set. I'd love to see if Nash can revitalize Pau in our new offense, but what if he can't? What if the Pau we see now is here to stay, regardless of the PG. :smh:

And if you can get Derozan in that pacakge for Pau alone...oh man. I don't think anyone can simply dismiss that scenario...I think it might be a good look for us.

They talking bout he's not even top 20 and he's been gifted everything :smh:

They going miss him when he's gone. Just look at last night, he scored more than half of our points cuz nobody else was even playing hard.

First ballot hof, statue, jersey retired, and everywhere besides nt, top 5, maybe even top 3 in most people's eyes.

Bunch of imbeciles on niketalk

^agreed all I want is a pf that can shoot threes! Like a Ryan Anderson or something.

I mean at this point, pau is just a waste of space on the court.
!!!!

He cant be traded till late December I believe, but I would love him. Pau makes too much tho, any trade is gonna be tough.

bargs i could deal with, but im not crazy about derozan, he isnt a good shooter

but that deal will never happen because it screws up the lakers cap going forward

they don need those huge salaries after the kobe deal expires

They talking bout he's not even top 20 and he's been gifted everything :smh:
They going miss him when he's gone. Just look at last night, he scored more than half of our points cuz nobody else was even playing hard.
First ballot hof, statue, jersey retired, and everywhere besides nt, top 5, maybe even top 3 in most people's eyes.
Bunch of imbeciles on niketalk

they do it to get under peoples skin, they got a rise out of you and others in the thread. thats successful to them.

any player can be broken down when it comes to stats. If everything went by stats. MJ isnt GOAT, its Wilt. but they'll flip that and say "different generations, blah blah blah"

there really is no point in arguing with those blind fools

^agreed all I want is a pf that can shoot threes! Like a Ryan Anderson or something.
I mean at this point, pau is just a waste of space on the court.

from the last few games with Dantoni it seems like he doesnt want any post action,

Gasol and Dwight barely post and when they do, they are like throwing shots near the free throw line (exaggeration)

It seems like a 3 pt PF would be better for this style of play

Ummmmm... I'm not going to go through and find the quote, but someone mentioned Pau for Josh Smith & Korver, right?

Yes, please. Mainly for Korver. Who is our best shooter? Okay, Kobe. Then who?

We have none. :\ No, he ain't Jesus, but he ain't any of the 'jack of all trades, master of none' type dudes we have.

Look, I'm an Artest fan, and I'm glad Mike has him spotting up for more threes. But he's not a SHOOTER; he's a defender who can shoot (like Bowen).

Awesome, Mike D told that one dude to only shoot whenever he touches the ball. Sure, it was lulz, but dude is not a SHOOTER; he's being groomed into one.

Korver... is a SHOOTER. Right... NOW.

Last edited:
It was Josh Smith, Korver, and a contract, Johan Petro I believe. I've seen someone else on Twitter ask for Smith and Morrow if Korver wasn't available. Gritty I think was the one who liked Morrow, I could be wrong.

Like I said, best scenario is Nash comes back, and plays well with Pau. We win. Period.

Nash out 7-10 more days?
Blake out 2 more weeks.

I know we've all observed how much Dwight is getting stripped down low. I've only seen him play while in Orlando sparingly, has he always been like this or is it because he clearly isn't 100% healthy yet?

Lakers over the Spurs 2001, 2002, 2004, 2008.
Spurs over the Lakers 2003.
Lakers 16 titles
Spurs 4 titles
Now get the **** out of our thread, and do not come back. You don't know jack **** about your own stupid team, so I know for a fact you don't have anything to contribute to our team. And you reading box scores instead of watching games doesn't count.
Trolls do not belong in season threads, go troll in the Kobe thread you post in so damn much where the mods keep you safe.

Attention is all that he was seeking for. He know damn well if the Spurs could have Kobe. He would be first in line

I know we've all observed how much Dwight is getting stripped down low. I've only seen him play while in Orlando sparingly, has he always been like this or is it because he clearly isn't 100% healthy yet?

It was a little more than average in Orlando, but not this bad.

It seems that he has trouble keeping the ball low and close to the body... That would be a back thing.. Whether that's the case... I don't know.

If we were to trade Pau for Ryan Anderson.. There would need to be $8mil more in cap moving from NOH to LA. It'd would probably have to be a 3 team trade just because the Lakers have no roster spots available. So we can't take on 5 guys just for Pau.

Any Hornets trade where they get Pau would need to include Anderson, Lopez, Aminu, Smith, Henry.

So it's not going to happen.

Also any deal with Josh Smith.. Is not going to happen. Unless Josh says he won't resign after the season, or the Hawks have doubt that they can keep him. Right now they are certain they will resign him in the offseason.

Also Lakers will not trade Pau Gasol for anything less than a "BIG NAME" so it's more likely that Pau plays out his contract than it is that we trade him.

Last edited:
I want Pau to stay, but if management decides to make a change after Nash returns, then my argument for Paul Millsap and Marvin Williams:

Millsap can bang inside, but can also step out to hit jump shots. He'll rebound, make the smart pass and play solid defense (being undersized at 6'8 is a hindrance though). He even can play some small forward in a pinch. The only downside is he is a free agent at the end of the season. I think he'll fetch somewhere between $40-45 million over four years.

Williams could thrive in this system off the bench. He's in his prime (27), athletic and a decent shooter. He's a good defender that uses his length and lateral quickness to defend which is important in a conference that includes Kevin Durant and Rudy Gay. He'll prevent D'Antoni from overworking MWP. He's signed through the end of next season, so he won't effect the Lakers' long-term plans.

Seeing the league get smaller and faster (I'm looking at Miami and Oklahoma City), I think this trade would best combat the shift. Millsap is skilled, smart and versatile. Williams is a competent two way player that offers athleticism and experience.

But like I said, I would prefer to wait until Nash returns and see the Lakers progress. If the higher ups think the team needs to be tweaked with Pau heading out, then this would be the trade that I would want.

Last edited:
I'd take MoGotti & Raja Bell as opposed to Marvin.

I like Marvin. But not at that contract.

Mo is an expiring.. Convince him to stay after the season.. He'll get $4-5mil.. With Paul at about $11-12mil a year, you save $2-4.5mil from Pau. On top of the $1-3mil we save after adding 2 fillers with Pau.

Then we can get serious about signing someone for the entire mini-MLE as opposed to trying to spend only $1mil of it like we did with Meeks (Dorrell Wright in 2013).

Mo can definitely run the second unit (and if Nash has another injury problem, I'm comfortable with Mo at 30 minutes as our PG). Raja comes in for another defensive presence...

If we got Millsap though.. I think he'd be starting over Jamison. Especially after this year.

P before you respond about the money thing, to an extent is does matter to the management. That's why we didn't use all $3mil of the miniMLE. So if there is a way to save a couple million and then free up the miniMLE to what it was last year. They will do it.

Last edited:
Mo Williams ain't getting $4-5 million. That's average backup point guard money. :lol: He'll be in line for at least $7-8 million per.

The Lakers can get Raja Bell for the veteran's minimum after the trade deadline when he gets bought-out by the Jazz.

Mo Williams ain't getting $4-5 million. That's average backup point guard money. :lol: He'll be in line for at least $7-8 million per.

The Lakers can get Raja Bell for the veteran's minimum after the trade deadline when he gets bought-out by the Jazz.

I don't think he will get $7-8.. But hell worse players have gotten more...I still am positive he will take $5mil with a contender. But even then.. Millsap at 11-12. And let's say we get Mo for 7. It's still even Money compared to Pau.

There's no difference on Raja. If it is an even money trade Lakers would still take him at $3.2 and it'd cost them nothing extra.

Last edited:
I don't care all that much about the money next season. But it's hard to argue that management doesn't have something planned for either the summer of 2014 or 2015.

I don't care all that much about the money next season. But it's hard to argue that management doesn't have something planned for either the summer of 2014 or 2015.
as of now, NO big time contracts are in the books at the end of 2013. that is not a coincidence its for a reason. i read an article on espn that they might try to throw stupid money at lebron james when he can become a free agent if he likes.

Nash is under contract until 2015 and Dwight will (hopefully) be too. That's around $30 million right there.

Last edited:
Nash is under contract until 2015 and Dwight will (hopefully) be too. That's around $30 million right there.
nash's contract is not that big. hopefully dwight will be signed. kobe will probably retire. could they possible land lebron? i doubt he leaves miami but you never know with that dude.

Back
Top Bottom