Delete

How Many Games Will The Lakers Win With Mike D'Antoni?

• 40-49...They're Going To Get Worse

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 50-59...Good Enough For A Solid Seed, Not Too Shabby

• 60-65...Top Seed and Impressive Record, Thumbs Up

• 66-70...Scary Good, All Teams Are Now Officially Scared

• 71+...Might As Well Cancel The Playoffs

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I haven't been in this thread in a bit. I'd gladly have Derek Fisher back, as long as he doesn't play though.

I'm definitely going to be at the Dec 22 game when the Lakers play the Warriors at Oracle.

I haven't been in this thread in a bit. I'd gladly have Derek Fisher back, as long as he doesn't play though.
I'm definitely going to be at the Dec 22 game when the Lakers play the Warriors at Oracle.

I'll be there at Oracle too! I'd love to have Fish right in time for the playoffs. I'd rather have him than Steve lol.

I'll be there at Oracle too! I'd love to have Fish right in time for the playoffs. I'd rather have him than Steve lol.
^ This. At least Fisher has proven himself, what has Steve Blake done?

Last edited:
I'd take Blake over Fisher. :x Threw up in my mouth a little bit that I truly feel this way...

I'd rather not waste the roster spot on Fisher.. I don't care about his leadership ability anymore.. We have Steve Nash, who is a better leader, and significantly better player..

No need to be loyal to fisher. It's done and over. I love the guy for his clutchness, but doesn't mean I need to have him on the team just because he's Derek Fisher.. It's a waste of a roster spot.

Last edited:
Read an article about Ramon's decision to leave the Lakers.. I respect his choice..

Part of his choice was that he just didn't want to get traded again, He wanted to play out a new contract with the Lakers.. And in his opinion he would have gotten traded.

He didn't even care if we got Deron or Steve.. He would have stayed, but didn't want to constantly worry about getting dealt.

He has a better chance of getting traded with Charlotte. He should've stayed, learned from Nash and in a year or two taken over the team.

Looks like he couldn't handle the pressure of being teammates with Kobe.

Bryant also was extremely demanding of Sessions, several Lakers sources said. Bryant spoke positively about Sessions after the Lakers acquired the point guard, but sources said that once Sessions began struggling in the playoffs, Bryant lost confidence in him – and wasn't shy about voicing his displeasure.
"It's definitely different playing with a guy like him, a guy that's real competitive," Sessions said of Bryant. "On any night he could score 50 points. It was definitely an experience I will remember and learned a lot from."

Looks like he couldn't handle the pressure of being teammates with Kobe.
Bryant also was extremely demanding of Sessions, several Lakers sources said. Bryant spoke positively about Sessions after the Lakers acquired the point guard, but sources said that once Sessions began struggling in the playoffs, Bryant lost confidence in him – and wasn't shy about voicing his displeasure.
"It's definitely different playing with a guy like him, a guy that's real competitive," Sessions said of Bryant. "On any night he could score 50 points. It was definitely an experience I will remember and learned a lot from."

There's nothing in that quote that says he couldn't play with Kobe's pressure..

Just says Kobe lost confidence in him when he played mediocre in the playoffs, and told Sessions.

There's nothing in that quote that says he couldn't play with Kobe's pressure..
Just says Kobe lost confidence in him when he played mediocre in the playoffs, and told Sessions.

Exactly! Why would he stay when he already knows Kobe lost confidence in him?

seeing how he melted on the big stage i'm glad he's gone. The only former Laker I miss is Ariza he fit the team so perfectly

Here is a interview with Sessions and he sort explains why he choose to opt of his contract last summer:

By the way guys... Mitch is already making moves

Trade rumors surrounding the Los Angeles Lakers are starting to circulate once again with the front office possibly looking to move one or two pieces.

According to Marc Stein of ESPN.com, the Lakers are attempting to create an open spot in the backcourt by moving Chris Duhon or Steve Blake:

“Sources with knowledge of the Lakers’ thinking say that the team is already trying to create a backcourt opening, having made it clear to the rest of the league that Chris Duhon and Steve Blake are available via trade to any interested party willing to absorb one of those contracts.”

Even though Duhon and Blake are career-backups, both players are a set to make a good chunk of change for the upcoming season. Blake will make $4 million while Duhon will earn $3.65 million. Not bad for the role these guys play as backups for Steve Nash.

If the Lakers decide to move Blake or Duhon it may be a way to bring in Derek Fisher at a later date as Stein suggests. Fisher waiting around until March doesn’t seem likely scenario with the five-time NBA champion almost certainly getting one or more offers from teams before that time, but it remains a possibility moving forward.

The backup point guard position has been a big question mark for the Lakers over the summer and during training camp as there hasn’t been a viable option behind Nash. With the 38-year-old Nash leading the way, the Lakers don’t have much insurance if he goes down at some point during the season and that may also be a motivating factor in potentially moving Blake or Duhon.

If Kupchak is able to move one of these contracts, the team would be able to go out and sign a backup like Leandro Barbosa. With a combo guard like Barbosa, the Lakers would become that much more dynamic in the backcourt along with saving money as they’d be able to lock him up for contract similar to Jodie Meeks’ deal.

It remains to be seen what the team will do moving forward, but it appears Kupchak and company may not be done wheeling and dealing.

i feel that we are gonna land BARBOSA with this happening...He still got some quickness left and he could easily mesh with NASH since they were on the same team before. :smokin

i feel that we are gonna land BARBOSA with this happening...He still got some quickness left and he could easily mesh with NASH since they were on the same team before. :smokin

First have to find a team that will take Blake or Duhon

Could be a chance we trade Blake or Duhon for a 3 of similar contract

Teams that need a backup PG: Bulls , Cavs, Rockets ,Magic, Blazers, Wizards

In order of makes sense:
1. Cavs
2. Blazers
3. Wizards
4. Bulls
5. Magic
6. Rockets

Last edited:
Back