Delete

How Many Games Will The Lakers Win With Mike D'Antoni?

• 40-49...They're Going To Get Worse

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 50-59...Good Enough For A Solid Seed, Not Too Shabby

• 60-65...Top Seed and Impressive Record, Thumbs Up

• 66-70...Scary Good, All Teams Are Now Officially Scared

• 71+...Might As Well Cancel The Playoffs

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Kurt Helin of NBC Sports says Brown is not going anywhere... Especially any time soon...

CP enjoy the news I just told you

I never knew that Orange County voted republican :smh:

He has the Nash excuse for now but we will see. I think even the Nash excuse will not work if they keep losing to good teams.
Detroit has to be one of the worst teams in the league.

Last edited:
Then we aren't winning anything any time soon.
You guys enjoy the news I just told you.

Mike Brown needs to put Meeks in the game. Let him shoot. Not sure what the point of signing Meeks only to have him sit last on the bench.:smh:

Problem with Mike Brown is that the bench is not even sure what his rotation is. He can through any player out there anytime and they won't expect it. I understand if a player is in foul trouble and you have to go that route.

Even though our bench wasn't the greatest when Phil Jackson was the coach, at least the bench players knew when they were going to come in.
Around the 4 minute mark, Farmar and Odom would get ready to get in. Out goes Bynum and Fisher. About the 1-2 minute mark, Shannon Brown would come in for Kobe, etc.etc.

This dude Brown has all types of things going on that makes me wonder if he knows whats going on. Artest as a 2?? Like really??!? :x

You guys, he's not Jerry Sloan anymore. Please try to understand that.

Go back and watch the 2009 and 2010 series' against us. He wasn't the same guy.

Is he better than Mike? Yeah, sure, so is my child, but Sloan doesn't get us a chip either, his rotations were not the same clockwork ones he employed in the 90's.

It would be a mistake to get Sloan. And I'm trying to drive Mike out on rails, it should tell you something if I won't even back another HOF coach. :lol:

I dont know why people keep bringing up Sloans playoff series against us in 09 and '10 - that team had Boozer as its 2nd best player. His teams overachieved big time (didnt they make it to WCF one year).

NOt to mention they were playing a team that went on to win the championship both years (Lakers)

Last edited:
sloan was a fine coach his last few years in utah, if it wasnt for him getting into it with deron williams he would still be there. of course he wasnt as good as he was in the 90's, jackson wasnt either but he still won titles.

he would run a pick and roll offense what the lakers need to do.

i dont know how you can say his teams losing back to back years to the lakers in the playoffs as a sign he was falling off. nothing he did was going to beat the lakers both years

I dont know why people keep bringing up Sloans playoff series against us in 09 and '10 - that team had Boozer as its 2nd best player. His teams overachieved big time (didnt they make it to WCF one year).

NOt to mention they were playing a team that went on to win the championship both years (Lakers)

Yeah, well, he had Deron, Booz, AK 47, Okur, Milsap, Korver, Wes Mathews, CJ Miles, Ronnie Brewer, Matt Harpring, and he went with basically a five and a half man rotation. 6 on some good nights. He had a pretty damn deep team, not super star laden, but they were always a tough, hard nosed team over the years. And at the end of his career, he was using ******g 6 man rotations. :lol: (yes, some guys got a couple minutes here or there, but for the most part, he wasn't using his bench hardly at all.)

And the only reason they made it out the first round in 2010 was cuz they played the Nuggets, and the Nuggets, well, they have George Karl, so....... :wink:

Sloan isn't any good guys. And his played quit on him the following season. And he hasn't been back since. I hope we stay away from him.

i dont know how you can say his teams losing back to back years to the lakers in the playoffs as a sign he was falling off. nothing he did was going to beat the lakers both years

I don't care about him beating or losing to us. I spoke out on him BACK THEN that he was lost. During one of those games he pulled a sub after like 10 seconds, when nothing had happened yet. The quarter started, PG threw a pass, was deflected out of bounds, Sloan subs in. IT WAS 10 SECONDS INTO THE QUARTER!!!!! No points given up, no shot even attempted, nobody did anything wrong, and he subbed. :wow: :rofl:

The guy had no idea what he was doin at that point. He had no rotation of note, he was just awful back then. I'm not blaming him for losing to us, that's fine, it was what he was doing, how he was managing the team that even back then I was saying he was done. I've said it for a few years now.

I'm pretty sure Sloan with Kobe, Dwight, Nash and Pau he can do damage.
This would be an inspired coach with probably the best roster he has ever had.

Only he'd use a 6 man rotation and we'd have the same problems as with Brown. :rolleyes

Whatever, if he came here, he'd be an upgrade over Mike, but I hope he's not the one we fall back on. My opinion, it would be a mistake.

he went 7 deep the year utah lost in the 1st round and lost AK47 and Okur the year he faced the lakers in the 2nd round he had no choice but to go 6 deep. he went 8 deep in the regular season both years

Last edited:
he went 7 deep the year utah lost in the 1st round and lost AK47 and Okur the year he face the lakers in the 2nd round. he went 8 deep in the regular season both years

And we have fans upset with Mike Brown when he only employs a 9-man rotation. To think that rotations would all of a sudden come to fruition (at least, the way most fans envision our team's rotations) with Sloan running the show is nothing more than wishful thinking.

Sloan would go 8-9 deep in his normal rotation his last few seasons.

Okur
Boozer
AK-47
Brewer (Matthews in 2010)
D-Will

Millsap
Korver
Miles

With cameos by Fesenko, Harpring, Price and/or Knight depending on the season.

Nash
Bryant
World Peace
Gasol
Howard

Blake
Meeks
Ebanks
Jamison
Hill

For argument's sake, that's 10 players between our starting lineup and our "bench" that should receive regular minutes. I think most fans agree that those guys should be getting minutes to effectively maximize the talent on this roster. At best, even with Jerry Sloan, that leaves 1 man ostracized from the regular rotation. More than likely, that one outcast is 2 players. And that's not even including: Morris/Chris Duhon/Sacre/DJO/Clark

:pimp: just got the Lakeshow channel.

Pretty dope so far, been watching on and off randomly today. Catching up on this pre-season Nash interview right now.

That's a fine ten man rotation during the regular season. Brown (or whoever the hell coaches) just needs to stagger the minutes so that at least one big (Howard/Pau) and one guard (Nash/Kobe) are on at the same time with the reserves.

With Howard not quite 100% and Nash injured it gets tricky.

Last edited:
Any word on if we'll be able to watch all Laker games with League Pass yet? I don't necessarily want to purchase it now until I know for sure.

Sloan would go 8-9 deep in his normal rotation his last few seasons.

Okur
Boozer
AK-47
Brewer (Matthews in 2010)
D-Will

Millsap
Korver
Miles

With cameos by Fesenko, Harpring, Price and/or Knight depending on the season.

Not in the playoffs. He had 6 guys getting minutes and 1 get maybe 10+ if that.

Back
Top Bottom