Delete

How Many Games Will The Lakers Win With Mike D'Antoni?

• 40-49...They're Going To Get Worse

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 50-59...Good Enough For A Solid Seed, Not Too Shabby

• 60-65...Top Seed and Impressive Record, Thumbs Up

• 66-70...Scary Good, All Teams Are Now Officially Scared

• 71+...Might As Well Cancel The Playoffs

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Metta World Peace will be used as backup shooting guard

By Eric Pincus

November 6, 2012, 5:32 p.m.

Metta World Peace will get minutes at shooting guard, Lakers Coach Mike Brown said.

"That's going to be my second unit," said Brown. "Metta will be the two, [Antawn] Jamison is the three, [Jordan] Hill is the four and [Dwight] Howard or Pau [Gasol] is going to be the five."

Brown experimented on Sunday against the Detroit Pistons with a lineup featuring Howard at center and Darius Morris running the point along with Hill, Jamison and World Peace.

In their second-quarter run of about three minutes, the group was able to extend the Lakers' lead from 18 to 21.

Devin Ebanks will remain in the rotation at shooting guard and small forward, as Brown looks for minutes to rest both Kobe Bryant and World Peace. For now, Jodie Meeks and veteran Chris Duhon, are unlikely to get significant minutes.

"I've got to give my bench a chance, because right now I really haven't. I've been messing around with it too much trying to search for combinations," said Brown. "Now that I've found a combination that I think I want to roll with it a little bit, let's give them a chance to see how they play before making another change."

The Lakers as a team have been shooting well this season, diminishing the need for another scorer like Meeks. Now Brown is looking for his squad to improve defensively.

With the 6-foot-7 World Peace at shooting guard, the Lakers will have a sizable lineup featuring Morris (6-4), Jamison (6-9), Hill (6-10) and Howard (6-11). When Gasol (7 feet) rotates in instead of Howard, the Lakers are even taller.

The Lakers started the season 0-3 but finally got their first win over the struggling Detroit Pistons. They may have a bigger challenge on Wednesday night against the Utah Jazz.

:rofl: :smh:

Last edited:
Why isn't Jodie Meeks playing more? Mike Brown explains ...

"I’ve tried to take a look at everybody, and right now, off the bench, I’m going to try to bring Metta and Dwight back, or keep either Pau or Dwight with our starting group most of the time and try to get Metta back with that group too."

"Then I want to give Jamison a long look out on the floor and I like the way that Jordan Hill has played at the power forward from time to time with his size and his energy and what he’s done for us last year and so, what it has come down to is basically Meeks and Ebanks. There’s still not a whole lot of minutes there. There could be a lot of minutes. It’s going to basically be a night-to-night type deal, but right now it’s Ebanks."

"What I need to do is I need to let it flow for a little bit. This is the first time in consecutive games that I’m, for the most part, going to go with the same rotation or the same group of guys consecutively. I hadn’t done it all preseason, I hadn’t done it so far in the regular season and I need to start doing it. Even if they don’t play well, I need to do it for a few games in a row to see if we can try to get a rhythm."

Jodie Meeks was brought in to shoot but has sat.

"It's disappointing because everyone wants to play," said Meeks, who has made two of seven shots, including two of five from three-point range, and is averaging 2.0 points in 7.3 minutes per game. "But there's really nothing I can do. Right now it's just out of my control and his decision."

It's apparently going to take even longer for Meeks, who has been pushed toward the end of the bench with Coach Mike Brown designating Devin Ebanks as Kobe Bryant's primary backup at shooting guard for the next few weeks.

A bad sign for Meeks: He played only four minutes against Detroit, and that was with the Lakers holding leads as large as 36 points.

If nothing else, Meeks is making an impression in practice. He was the last player to leave the court Monday, sprinting to different spots on the court to spot up for jumpers long after his teammates had disappeared into the back rooms of their training facility.

i feel bad for meeks man...

nobody is gonna wanna come here in fear of not being played at all.

metta with more chucking lol

jamison should not be playing the 3. this isnt the jamison of the warriors and wizards days...

he was never a solid defender and he wont be in the twilight of his career either

Last edited:
[h3]Source: Sloan Didn't Seriously Consider Summer Vacancies, Interested In Lakers[/h3]

Nov 06, 2012 5:33 PM EST

Sloan_Jerry_uta_091119.jpg
If the Los Angeles Lakers continue to have a slow start to the season, Mike Brown's job will continue to be one of the most often discussed topics in the NBA.
While the Lakers have publicly supported Brown, Jerry Sloan and Mike D'Antoni are two available coaches mentioned as a potential replacement.
“Jerry Sloan to L.A. by December 1,” one league source predicted. “Nash and Howard are the new Stockton and Malone. He wants a ring, not to mention the money. He didn’t seriously consider Orlando, Charlotte or Portland [openings] over the summer because he knew Los Angeles would open up.”

you might not like sloan and question his coaching but this guy demands respect and ifyou dont show him it he will let you have it. id like to see kobe try and tell him he aint coming out the game... :lol:

Let me make this abundantly clear: I would FULLY support Sloan.

Fool had Stockton2Malone, but ran into Jordan.

Give him a poor man's Stock2Karl & a poor man's Jordan? Ummmmm, yeah, we're good. :lol:

Lakers should have hired Rick Adelman when he was available.

He said he was very interested in the job and Kobe was on board with supporting that move at the time.

F you Jim Buss.

Can we get the Van Gundy boys and Mike Brown...

I just want the chaos of the huddle

Last edited:
So Brown wants to play Ebanks and Artest as backup shooting guards? First of all, none of those guys can shoot. Second, neither of them has been impressive on the defensive end. Third, they are not shooting guards. IT MAKES NO SENSE.

Does he really think Ebanks will suddenly start hitting shots? :smh:
The worst part is that if those 2 don't work then he will put Blake as backup SG before Meeks.

It's not necessarily my opinion of whether it is the right thing to do.... But just an observation.. I don't see him making it out of this regular season.. Regardless of his record at the time.

Last edited:
Metta would be so much more efficient if he wasn't taking 56% of his shots from 3.

He's shooting 60% from 2
31% from 3.

He could be at 13 ppg with his current involvement and shot total in the lineup.. If he just took better shots.

Last edited:
you might not like sloan and question his coaching but this guy demands respect and ifyou dont show him it he will let you have it. id like to see kobe try and tell him he aint coming out the game... :lol:

Kobe has done it to Phil as well though

I'm going to say that I am hopeful that it's just sour grapes (I assume from Meeks maybe) but someone on the Lakers said that after landing Dwight and Nash, several free agents wanted to sign with us for the minimum, but Brown made it clear he would not expand his rotation......

Then I think about why Hill didn't sign with us, and went to the Clippers instead, even with Nash and Kobe on our roster.

Then I think about Essential's boy Barbosa.

Lord, I hope that was just a frustrated Laker saying that. I really hope that story is untrue. |I

I'm going to say that I am hopeful that it's just sour grapes (I assume from Meeks maybe) but someone on the Lakers said that after landing Dwight and Nash, several free agents wanted to sign with us for the minimum, but Brown made it clear he would not expand his rotation......
Then I think about why Hill didn't sign with us, and went to the Clippers instead, even with Nash and Kobe on our roster.
Lord, I hope that was just a frustrated Laker saying that. I really hope that story is untrue. |I

BARBOSA :pimp:

On the Celtics :frown:

We didn't get Barbosa because we gridlocked the roster though..

Would have been great on this roster.

By the way Josh McRoberts is playing decently...... I miss McBob, just because I liked saying McBob

Last edited:

Then this would be our starting line up by Feb

Blake-Morris-Duhon-Ebanks-Sacre

SMH

I wouldn't opt for Stan Van Gundy if the Lakers truly were looking at other coaches. They had success & SVG has said multiple times that they have a good relationship, but I just wouldn't take the risk on a coach that MIGHT have been a problem for Dwight a year ago.

If Dwight were under contract, I'd be fine with it. If he's not, it's a risk, if only because of the past.

Back
Top Bottom