Delete

How Many Games Will The Lakers Win With Mike D'Antoni?

• 40-49...They're Going To Get Worse

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 50-59...Good Enough For A Solid Seed, Not Too Shabby

• 60-65...Top Seed and Impressive Record, Thumbs Up

• 66-70...Scary Good, All Teams Are Now Officially Scared

• 71+...Might As Well Cancel The Playoffs

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
It's also Lakers Election Day of Tumblr Photos..

Dope tumblr!

Do you have this in Wallpaper size?

^Thanks.. Click on it should increase in size.. My file says 1303 x 702.. And that's the biggest size of the photo I've seen

[h3]Source: Sloan Didn't Seriously Consider Summer Vacancies, Interested In Lakers[/h3]
Nov 06, 2012 5:33 PM EST

Sloan_Jerry_uta_091119.jpg
If the Los Angeles Lakers continue to have a slow start to the season, Mike Brown's job will continue to be one of the most often discussed topics in the NBA.

While the Lakers have publicly supported Brown, Jerry Sloan and Mike D'Antoni are two available coaches mentioned as a potential replacement.

“Jerry Sloan to L.A. by December 1,” one league source predicted. “Nash and Howard are the new Stockton and Malone. He wants a ring, not to mention the money. He didn’t seriously consider Orlando, Charlotte or Portland [openings] over the summer because he knew Los Angeles would open up.”

OH YAYAYAYAYAY! Let's get our collective hopes up that Jerry Sloan will come coach our team. :rolleyes

[h3]Source: Sloan Didn't Seriously Consider Summer Vacancies, Interested In Lakers[/h3]

Nov 06, 2012 5:33 PM EST

Sloan_Jerry_uta_091119.jpg
If the Los Angeles Lakers continue to have a slow start to the season, Mike Brown's job will continue to be one of the most often discussed topics in the NBA.
While the Lakers have publicly supported Brown, Jerry Sloan and Mike D'Antoni are two available coaches mentioned as a potential replacement.
“Jerry Sloan to L.A. by December 1,” one league source predicted. “Nash and Howard are the new Stockton and Malone. He wants a ring, not to mention the money. He didn’t seriously consider Orlando, Charlotte or Portland [openings] over the summer because he knew Los Angeles would open up.”

:smokin :smokin :smokin :smokin :smokin :smokin :smokin :smokin :smokin :smokin :smokin :smokin :smokin

I'm salivating while I'm typing this right now!!!

Last edited:
I have zero interest in Jerry Sloan, lateral move at best. Maybe a slight upgrade, but his rotations aren't much better than Mike's. Old Sloan, yes, "Old" Sloan, not so much.

So who should replace Mike then?

My first coach in mind that's not a huge name, Monty Williams.

After him, Byron Scott

Jeff Van Gundy

Rick Carlisle

And in dreamland, Tom Tibbs, or Doc Rivers. (will never happen)

Phil of course would be welcome.

I don't really have any use for Stan Van D'Antoni or Sloan.

Monty was my first choice also but I think he signed an extension with the Hornets hopefully we get him in the future.

Rick isn't happening but JVG would be a good choice also.

Basically. Folks see the name and start, "salivating." Ya'll would still have the same questions.

First off, I disagree with CP. Sloan is a MAJOR upgrade from Mike Brown. Jerry knows how to utilize his players. His teams were always tough. Those Jazz teams during Malone/Stockton and post Malone/Stockton always had great defense. This will be the most talented team he will ever coach. I mean he led Jazz teams with Greg Ostertag and Mehmet Okur at center, imagine what he can do with a team with Dwight. He knows how to incorporate point guards like Steve Nash in offense. Defense, Jerry Sloan's teams have always been known for their defense. In conclusion, it's unlikely that we fire Mike and hire Jerry but can I dream? Yes. Mitch and Jim are going to give Brown a chance with this roster and if we don't win then i can see him getting fired. Starting back to back seasons 0-2 is NOT acceptable in Lakerland.

AG, what same questions are you referring to?

And a resounding NO to Mike D'Antoni. He's just as bad as Mike Brown.

Last edited:
you guys are CRAZY obsessing about who our coach WILL be. I hate MIke Brown as much as the next guy but it getting old guys...

Westcoast, its been a decade since Stockton and Malone. We went thru the Jazz WITH EASE in the 08-10 seasons because Sloan was lost. Dude once subbed 10 seconds into a quarter on defense when LA simply had the ball tipped out of bounds and was going to re-inbound. He changed his mind on his lineup 10 seconds in. He had no idea what he was doing. :lol: If you like Sloan you might as well recruit Hubie Brown. The game has passed Sloan by.

Ron Artest as back up shooting guard?!! Get this clown *** dude out of LA man.

I mean he led Jazz teams with Greg Ostertag and Mehmet Okur at center, imagine what he can do with a team with Dwight.

Definitely heard that one before...."He coached those bums in Cleveland to 66 games and the league's best defense...imagine what he could do in LA...."

Jerry Sloan had questionable rotations, didn't play young players, didn't play rookies....hell, his best player post Malone/Stockton, Deron Williams. It took Deron damn near 50 games to prove he should be the team's starting PG. I can't even tell you who started over him at the time.

This is the Lakers we're talking about. Every coach is listening. If management is serious about replacing Mike Brown, do it right this time and get somebody who's been relevant this decade or Jeff Van Gundy.

Back
Top Bottom