Delete

How Many Games Will The Lakers Win With Mike D'Antoni?

• 40-49...They're Going To Get Worse

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 50-59...Good Enough For A Solid Seed, Not Too Shabby

• 60-65...Top Seed and Impressive Record, Thumbs Up

• 66-70...Scary Good, All Teams Are Now Officially Scared

• 71+...Might As Well Cancel The Playoffs

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Dantoni is one of the worst coaches in the League, He's arrogant, doesn't make adjustments, and quite frankly his offense is HIGHLY overated.

And to think Phil accepted the job to get ****** over for this guy just saddens me more and more every time.

I hope Kobe gets better quickly, but I'm glad that he's not playing for at least a few games; the Lakers are better without him.

Dantonis 4 man rotation definitely may be why some of the players got injured. Players are more likely to get injured when they are fatigued or playing through small nagging injuries or soreness.

The front office gets the blame as well.

Remember the cutting of Goudelock and those other serviceable guards? I still don't know why they kept Sacre.

Just to be a prick...

If we were dominating right now, the credit wouldn't go to the front office and the coach and Pau and Dwight and our role players and all the other factors that are being blames right now, right?

It would be... Mamba.
nthat.gif

Amirite?

Yes. I've been a Laker fan long enough to know how this works. We suck, and it's Pau and Dwight and FO and MDA and the role players and injuries... and sure, Kobe shoulders a little of the blame for that one ill advised shot he took in the 2nd quarter of the 7th game of the season.

But we win, we dominate... "KOOOBBBEEEE!!!!"

Like, how a dude good enough to grab us titles but not good enough to keep us from sucking? Process before you respond... which will eliminate a large majority of you... if a dude is good enough to get your credit when we hoist trophies, how do you not rationalize in your mind that he should also be good enough to keep us from being a joke? And therefore, if we are a joke... for WHATEVER reasons... maybe he's not THE reason we won the championships? Like maybe it was some other factors on the success end of the Bryant reputation as well.

No?

we lose: it's other factors

we win: it's Kobe

Either winning a championship is wild underrated to you guys who think that he is THEEE reason we won the last 5, or it IS really difficult, and the reason we grabbed the last 5 isn't solely him like some of you say (and to those of you who recognize that it wasn't JUST him, or even close to JUST him, then not a COTdamn word of this applies to you).

Discuss. I'll check in later to respond to the rolling emoticons and Denzel 'shot in the head during American Gangster' gifs.

Man, use smaller words. You get me all confused in here.

I'm not sure what you're asking, if it's Kobe's fault we suck this year?

How do we place blame, and where?

Nash breaks his leg in game TWO. That sucks
Blake gets hurt game 5. Double blow, our top 2 PG's in a PG league go down.
Brown out, MDA in.
Dwight, is Dwight, not D12. Surely everyone gets that.
Pau, injured his foot/leg early, in and out of the lineup, etc.
Jordan Hill, done for the year, huge blow.
Nash back, Pau soon goes out.
Blake comes back.
Kobe ankle
Kobe and Pau come back, Jamison wrist
Artest hurts knee
Kobe and Nash both start breaking down last night

That, is an AWFUL lot of stuff to go thru, in one season. Now, you are asking, if Kobe is so great, why can he not carry us, ala 2006? 2006 Kobe was 27ish, and about 500 less games, thousands of hours less practice, and about 20 various less injuries, back then.
34 year old Kobe, has 1,400 games on his odometer, thousands of hours of more practice, injuries, etc.

So, when you ask, maybe he wasn't the reason we won, earlier in his career, cuz he can't win NOW, in his 17th year, my answer would be maybe when he was at peak 100 in (whichever year you want, 08-09-10-11, what have you) and now, today, this current old model is a 90? 88? 85?

Could 27 year old Kobe absorb all this and steal some wins for us? Quite possibly. 34 year old Kobe already stole a few games earlier in the year, stands to reason with 7 less years on his tires he could grab a few more, right?

Certainly he can have a percent on him for our troubles, now what number do you asign? 50? 100 cuz he's the leader/face of the franchise? 10%?

When the season is done, and Kobe plays in 80 games, 27/5/5, highest % of his career for most of the year, at his mileage, and you have 6-7 other guys miss between 12 and 40 games, play soft (Pau, Dwight at times) guys that were ineffective at times (Nash, Ron) guys get pulled by the coaches, Jamison and Meeks, Clark ran out of gas, both coaches sucked. How, and why, would you put the majority of the blame on the guy that came to work every day, most likely going to be an All NBA performer, even tho clearly he isn't what he was 5-6-7 years ago? The one that at least adapted his game as best he could to right the wrongs, who played hurt, tired, etc. Who never ever went off on the team, the coaches, the GM, just said we WILL make the playoffs, and did everything he could (outside of play lockdown defense for more than 1-2 games at a time)

I'll just say 10% for everybody. Mitch, MDA, Kobe, Dwight, Pau, Nash, Blake, Hill, Ron, and lastly Brown. That's 100% total, 10 for everyone. Fair?

Just to be a prick...

If we were dominating right now, the credit wouldn't go to the front office and the coach and Pau and Dwight and our role players and all the other factors that are being blames right now, right?

It would be... Mamba. :nthat:

Amirite?

Yes. I've been a Laker fan long enough to know how this works. We suck, and it's Pau and Dwight and FO and MDA and the role players and injuries... and sure, Kobe shoulders a little of the blame for that one ill advised shot he took in the 2nd quarter of the 7th game of the season.

But we win, we dominate... "KOOOBBBEEEE!!!!"

Like, how a dude good enough to grab us titles but not good enough to keep us from sucking? Process before you respond... which will eliminate a large majority of you... if a dude is good enough to get your credit when we hoist trophies, how do you not rationalize in your mind that he should also be good enough to keep us from being a joke? And therefore, if we are a joke... for WHATEVER reasons... maybe he's not THE reason we won the championships? Like maybe it was some other factors on the success end of the Bryant reputation as well.

No?

we lose: it's other factors
we win: it's Kobe

Either winning a championship is wild underrated to you guys who think that he is THEEE reason we won the last 5, or it IS really difficult, and the reason we grabbed the last 5 isn't solely him like some of you say (and to those of you who recognize that it wasn't JUST him, or even close to JUST him, then not a COTdamn word of this applies to you).

Discuss. I'll check in later to respond to the rolling emoticons and Denzel 'shot in the head during American Gangster' gifs.

Why wouldn't the credit go to the front office? Remember all the "they will pay for their basketball reasons" pics?

Kobe does not get praised every time the Lakers do well. Everyone points out to him sucking in game 7 vs the celtics and almost choking the title away. Gasol was a beast during that game.

I just think that Kobe, even when he ball hogs, goes 100% and leaves everything out there on the court. The front office? They did all they could this season? :smh:

is Dantoni doing all he can to implement a better defensive scheme? :smh:

What is Eddie Jordan doing on the coaching staff other than looking salty? This is irrelevant but I had to throw it out there. :smh:

Wait... ...
Kobe does not get praised every time the Lakers do well.
... ... WHAT?

Maybe you meant "Kobe does not get praised BY NON-LAKER FANS every time the Lakers do well."

Or maybe "Kobe does not get praised ENOUGH every time the Lakers do well," which would be an opinion statement, and I wouldn't argue it if that's your opinion.

But to say "Kobe does not get praised every time the Lakers do well," I just... *Vince McMahon headscratching gif*

CP, I wasn't really talking about this season, really. I was more just talking about how when we suck, the people who give Kobe unequivocal praise make sure he gets no blame when we're less than stellar.

of course I agree with your 10 percent slices of the pie, but its way too easy for me to agree with that because it doesn't take any adjustment in my mind because I'm already not this huge Kobe fan anyways. but protectors of the Mamba or Vino, I'm sure they don't agree with your 10 percent slice being handed to Kobe. Hell, I'm not sure you even agree with that, and you said it.

Either way however you wanna dice it we don't make the playoffs or get kicked out the 1st rd D'Antoni getting fired either way, my worry is whether Dwight is going to stay after all this

Wait... ...
... ... WHAT?

Maybe you meant "Kobe does not get praised BY NON-LAKER FANS every time the Lakers do well."

Or maybe "Kobe does not get praised ENOUGH every time the Lakers do well," which would be an opinion statement, and I wouldn't argue it if that's your opinion.

But to say "Kobe does not get praised every time the Lakers do well," I just... *Vince McMahon headscratching gif*

All the credit goes to Kobe. He gets the blame and the praises when we win/lose. That's how it should be since he's the face of the franchise.

Should.

Yes, should.

in my observations, though, things hardly ever actually go the way they should go.

I do agree w/ you, though.

Either way however you wanna dice it we don't make the playoffs or get kicked out the 1st rd D'Antoni getting fired either way, my worry is whether Dwight is going to stay after all this

Isn't there some kind of contract dilemma if they fire D'Antoni?

Should.

Yes, should.

in my observations, though, things hardly ever actually go the way they should go.

I do agree w/ you, though.

Mike was the blame when he lost, people calling him selfish. Bron, we saw all the memes when he lost. Same for Kobe, he was blamed for not making the playoffs in 2005 and those first round losses. But I think Kobe just has a lot of followers that some of us feel he only gets credit when he wins.

As crazy as this may come off, I still have full confidence that the Lakers go deep in the playoffs, and they can beat anybody besides OKC to get in the finals.

Yes, current team considered. They've faced adversity literally from the start. Coach drama, firing, injuries throughout entire line up, death, etc. It won't last forever. At some point it's going to turn around.

These next games mean close to nothing. The main objective is to get 8th spot for playoffs, and that's when it starts. I don't think they're scared yet. They turn it on and off willy nilly depending on the game, because they know they can. Playoffs will be a reality check, where there's no more "comfort zone" It's all or nothing at that point.

It's only an opinion, of course. But not even 1% of me believes they will S the bed in the playoffs. You can't say i'm wrong and I can't say i'm right. only time will tell. But there is still a ton of hope left with this team when you have warriors like Kobe, Nash, Jamison banding together. Outside looking in, not a laker fan.

Wait... ...
... ... WHAT?

I meant what I said.

He was not getting praised for game 7 in the 2010 finals. Even the hardcore stans were saying something like "at least he got like 16 boards it wasnt that bad." Most people were criticizing his performance and were not giving him credit for the win.

The hate for Kobe in you is deep. I think you have kept it down because of the 2 championships but it is still there. Were you one of the people that would have picked Shaq over Kobe back in 2004? :nerd:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom