Delete

How Many Games Will The Lakers Win With Mike D'Antoni?

• 40-49...They're Going To Get Worse

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 50-59...Good Enough For A Solid Seed, Not Too Shabby

• 60-65...Top Seed and Impressive Record, Thumbs Up

• 66-70...Scary Good, All Teams Are Now Officially Scared

• 71+...Might As Well Cancel The Playoffs

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Real talk they don't deserve to make the playoffs. If they make do it'll be by default.

I'm ready for the off-season so they can trade Pau and get another coach.

funny how a bad game and it's endless pages of lakers are pathetic, throw in the towel, OMG break up the team

they win a game and it's nothing but smoking smilies and kobe god getting his 6th ring.

some female emotions really. I couldn't fathom the posters responsible for this posting pattern to be competent @ sports. just couldn't

It's funny, they are pathetic now, come playoffs and they show a new light, it's gonna be back to ball washing. make up your mind at least

Rockets, lose, Lakers lose, Jazz lose, Mavs lose. Lakers want 8th spot. no motivation to win games like these, they want 8th spot and will do everything strategically to stay there. Rockets have a tough schedule and if Lakers take last night, this, and so on, could put them in 7th.

But anyway, back to the lakers are the worst team in history mantra

valid point from what i see in this thread, but also very hypocritical. for you to even begin to infer that maybe the lakers are losing these games intentionally or just not playing as hard as they could to win them, because they "want the 8th seed" is just absolutely stupid. that loss puts them into a tie with the jazz in the loss column. since the jazz own the tiebreaker over the lakers, it essentially just took the lakers out of the playoffs and into the 9th seed if the jazz win their next game. the lakers are a solid 3 games back of the rockets. they have no hope of passing them no matter what the rockets next few games look like.

mosk33toe to continue with what I was saying..

We should have hired a defensive coach... The offense will be there, it's the defense that needs the work...

And it really wouldn't take much to switch the Lakers from the bottom half to the top half. Certainly doesn't require breaking the team up.

1. Resign Dwight to a max deal
2. Sign Cory Brewer... Make him the starting SF.
3. If MWP wants to cut his salary in half... Make him the sixth man. (If not, welcome back Matt Barnes)
4. Resign Earl Clark (who by now is going to be getting $3mil if he's lucky)
5. I'd shop Pau and see what is out there for him.. Whether I trade him or just sit on his contract to expire depends. If I could get a solid starting PF and solid backup PG. I'd probably pull the trigger.

Dwight , Corey Brewer and Metta will give you a huge anchor on defense.. If you can find that 1 guard who can lock someone down.. Then we'd be moving up defensively, without sacrificing offense.. With that we'd need a defensive minded Assistant Coach come in a la Thibbs with Doc Rivers.

Last edited:
Yes, but only because the pick belongs to the Suns and Dwight is a impending free agent.

I see where you are getting at but what difference does it make on Dwight's side? Even if we make it to the playoffs, i'm damn sure he wont be utilized on O the way he wants to, plus with the spurs play, I can only see Kobe going hero ball. Not being used effectively and getting ousted on the first round wont make any difference. Just my opinion. Pardon me if I am being to negative :frown:
I just think there's a significant difference in not making the playoffs and making it (even if they end up getting embarrassed by the Spurs/Thunder) when looking into the perception of the future.

we lost because ron was not out there
mean.gif

@essential I really like the idea of trying to add Corey to our team. That gives us somebody who would give his 100% every damn time. I love Pau and his contributions to the Lakeshow but his time is up. Hopefully would be able to deal him and get something decent/good in return.

Can the Lakers even sign free agents? Aren't they 30 million over the cap? How do you get Corey Brewer Essential?

Sacramento next that's a L too. Team should just tank they not gonna do s*** in the playoffs anyway :smh:

Smh they are not going to lose to the kings. Do you guys really think about your claims or just spew? Kings hv nothing to play for and lakers hv everything to play for. Not to mention cousins is an idiot and they cannot stop the lakers from boarding. Kings will lose. Lakers just lost a gm they were suppose to so they will beat the kings. Don't bet in Vegas with these claims.

Last edited:
Can the Lakers even sign free agents? Aren't they 30 million over the cap? How do you get Corey Brewer Essential?

Mini-MLE $3.5mil

Lakers have bird rights on MWP and Earl Clark, Dwight Howard meaning that they could give them whatever contract without it coming from the Mini-MLE.

Last edited:
Man...

Lakers will be signing dudes to minimum contracts to round out the roster. :lol: :smh:

Corey Brewer will be cashing in this summer for more than what the Lakers will be able to offer.

Smh they are not going to lose to the kings. Do you guys really think about your claims or just spew? Kings hv nothing to play for and lakers hv everything to play for. Not to metion cousins is an idiot and they cannot stop the lakers from boarding. Kings will lose. Lakers just lost a gm they were suppose to so they will beat the kings. Don't bet in Vegas with the claims.

the kings also just beat the warriors...the same warriors that mollywopped the lakers. do you even think about your claims or just spew? you guys should stop counting victories before you actually have them and you won't be all butthurt when they continue to lose.

Mini-MLE $3.5mil

Lakers have bird rights on MWP and Earl Clark, Dwight Howard meaning that they could give them whatever contract without it coming from the Mini-MLE.
I would assume that Denver would offer him more no? He's playing great for them

really hope d'anotni doesnt return next year.

granted he got thrown into the fire this year, hes a solid coach, prolly a good guy, but......he just aint the coach for this group.

Mini-MLE $3.5mil

Highly doubt Corey Brewer goes for the MLE tho. Metta World Peace won't restructure his contract, that dude knows his time is limited, he needs the money. He decides his own fate, since he has the Player Option.

Amnesty Metta, still can't sign free agents either.

Mini-MLE $3.5mil

I would assume that Denver would offer him more no? He's playing great for them

All depends... Those things always change three months out..

You miss out on Brew. You go after Dorell Wright and Matt Barnes.

I keep saying I need to stopping watching these games, my whole day is ruined. God **** this season! Talk about a full 180 I was popping off at the mouth to my friends talking about see you on Figuero St. now i'm going to turn my phone for like 3 weeks

Mini-MLE $3.5mil

Highly doubt Corey Brewer goes for the MLE tho. Metta World Peace won't restructure his contract, that dude knows his time is limited, he needs the money. He decides his own fate, since he has the Player Option.

Amnesty Metta, still can't sign free agents either.

You do know he said that he would restructure his contract if it meant he could stay in LA..

In a move that would be so Metta World Peace, Metta World Peace is not ruling out the possibility of terminating his contract after the season against all logic, telling NBA.com he would consider the move in the summer if it meant he could remain with the Lakers longer. NBA.com

Also Brewer is a stretch.. He deserves more than $3.5. That I can agree. But every team is 1 year out from the huge repeater tax. So no team is going to go too much on Brewer regardless of his energy and defense....

Last edited:
I'll gladly take Ronnie Brewer though.

Would get him for minimum...

Only problem is regardless of how good Ronnie is on defense.. You might as well say you're playing with 4 guys on offense with him on the court.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom