Delete

How Many Games Will The Lakers Win With Mike D'Antoni?

• 40-49...They're Going To Get Worse

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 50-59...Good Enough For A Solid Seed, Not Too Shabby

• 60-65...Top Seed and Impressive Record, Thumbs Up

• 66-70...Scary Good, All Teams Are Now Officially Scared

• 71+...Might As Well Cancel The Playoffs

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Nope, had no idea Artest said he'd restructure his contract. Just like it said "a move that defies logic". That's Ron, Ron I guess lol.

Still tho Brewer is going to get paid 6-8 million, he deserves it and I'm sure he'll be logical enough to get the money, plenty teams could need him and will pay. He's going to be a hot commodity.

I just don't get it tho man, maybe I'm mistaken but the Lakers can't sign "good" free agents this summer even if Artest takes a couple million from his deal. This is basically going to be the same team next year unless Dwight doesn't resign - actually I think even if Dwight doesn't resign they can't sign free agents, that's how much they're over the cap, lol.

2014 summer completely different story tho, but next season, na man, don't see it.

mosk33toe to continue with what I was saying..

We should have hired a defensive coach... The offense will be there, it's the defense that needs the work...

And it really wouldn't take much to switch the Lakers from the bottom half to the top half. Certainly doesn't require breaking the team up.

1. Resign Dwight to a max deal
2. Sign Cory Brewer... Make him the starting SF.
3. If MWP wants to cut his salary in half... Make him the sixth man. (If not, welcome back Matt Barnes)
4. Resign Earl Clark (who by now is going to be getting $3mil if he's lucky)
5. I'd shop Pau and see what is out there for him.. Whether I trade him or just sit on his contract to expire depends. If I could get a solid starting PF and solid backup PG. I'd probably pull the trigger.

Dwight , Corey Brewer and Metta will give you a huge anchor on defense.. If you can find that 1 guard who can lock someone down.. Then we'd be moving up defensively, without sacrificing offense.. With that we'd need a defensive minded Assistant Coach come in a la Thibbs with Doc Rivers.

It starts from the top down, and the top sadly is Mike D'antoni. I'll be objective for a second and say he's a good coach in certain situations. He was 1 hip bump away from making the finals, but he is not the right coach for this team. Beyond a defensive coach, we need a coach that Kobe will listen to and respect. Someone who pull him aside and say "WHAT THE **** ARE YOU DOING".

For instance tonight, your bigs are 12-20 tonight. When you look at that you see two things, first arguably your second and third best players on your team are putting up 20 shots total for a whole game. Secondly they shot over 50 percent. You need to get these players the ball, no matter what. It is inexcusable that Pau and Dwight have 20 shots total yet Jodi Meeks (who I like) is getting up 11 by himself. This is partly Kobe and Coaching. Coaching needs to realize we aren't maxing out Mike D'antoni's system we are maxing, out or trying to at least, Dwight Howard! Get him involved. Also Pau was killing his competition tonight, constantly he was being matched up with someone who couldn't guard him on offensive, there is no reason to not give him the ball every time, he's so skilled down there. Don't make something simple more confusing, just like in pick up ball if there is a short guy trying to guard your big man you keep feeding him the ball, and Pau can pass out the double team.

Mike D'antoni doesn't understand this, or doesn't want to. He's obviously stubborn with his rotations. You going to tell me a hustle player like Sacre couldn't get a few minutes when Pau was out there getting blown by? You going to tell me that there isn't a few minutes for Ebanks to do something? I mean Jordan Hill was barely playing until he went off one game. You can't be stubborn and an NBA coach. You can't not have adjustments as well. MDA's only adjustment is to keep going smaller. It doesn't work when your biggest asset is your size!

Kobe Bryant also needs to realize that yes he can get any shot he wants but sometimes he needs to sacrifice for the end goal. I know he's done his Magic Johnson imitation but he needs to find a nice middle between that and gunslinger Kobe. Also for whatever reason Dwight plays better when he's involved in the game, go figure! Same with Pau. We all appreciate your game and if anybody has earned the right to gunsling its you, but c'mon we got to take advantage of our size.

I'm the biggest optimist ever, and I will cheer my *** off if they make the playoffs. But if it meant not making the playoffs and firing MDA i'd do it. I just can't stand the brand of basketball we are playing, I never really enjoyed it with the Suns, I enjoy a more calculated slowed down pace where we just outsmart and out play our team. Now I watch them play and they just running up and down throwing up threes. That's a personal thing.

All the points you made are good, I'm a Pau fan so I hope we can get someone who will utilize him better, but if MDA is back i'm all for trading him, I don't want him to keep getting the brunt of the blame just because his coach can't put him in a situation to do well.

I'd love to have Phil Jackson back, but i'd take Bryon Scott, or Brian Shaw, people who know what it is to be a Laker and understand the brand of basketball they play.

It's been such a long season, by far the worst in recent memory. I just hope something good comes out of it, i'm not counting on it though.

So that ends my rant sorry for the long winded response, but if you'll excuse me I have a nice bottle of Oban waiting for me.

Last edited:
is the bone spur on that ankle he twisted? isnt that what grant hill was playing with when he messed up his foot? Now I am thinking it might be better for them to just sit this post season out.
I

Nope, had no idea Artest said he'd restructure his contract. Just like it said "a move that defies logic". That's Ron, Ron I guess lol.

Still tho Brewer is going to get paid 6-8 million, he deserves it and I'm sure he'll be logical enough to get the money, plenty teams could need him and will pay. He's going to be a hot commodity.

I just don't get it tho man, maybe I'm mistaken but the Lakers can't sign "good" free agents this summer even if Artest takes a couple million from his deal. This is basically going to be the same team next year unless Dwight doesn't resign - actually I think even if Dwight doesn't resign they can't sign free agents, that's how much they're over the cap, lol.

2014 summer completely different story tho, but next season, na man, don't see it.

They don't need to sign a star...

Again every team regardless of their cap situation gets either a mini-Mid Level Exception (Tax Payer's Exception) worth $3.5 mil..... If you're under the tax you get the full Mid-Level Exception of $5mil. But you must stay under the tax for that year if you use the full.

So Lakers have $3.5 mil to go out and sign a good role player...

Also Brewer getting $8mil for multiple years is a dumb move for whatever team gives it to him.

I'm saying he maxes out at $6. And that's if he gets it from the Nuggets.. Realistically he'll be at $5mil. He's a good transition/fast break player. Very good defensive player... But he doesn't give you enough offensively to garner $8mil. But NBA owners gonna spend unwisely..

which coach is worse, MDA or Brown?

I think Brown was a better fit becusae he focused on defense.  this group of players dont need help with offense and really should be putting all their focus on defense.  MDA does exactly the opposite.

If only brown didnt do that stupid princeton offense **** he might still be our coach. this is coming from an unofficial member of team fire MB.

Haha when I kept saying pick up Cory I thought you guys were talking about Cory Maggette, I was surprised when someone said he's going to cash in next year. I was thinking where is this guy playing that he's going to cash in.

As a fan of basketball, and not just the Heat or NBA, it sucks to see the Lakers have a season like this. Really want y'all to make a push in the playoffs, just out of respect for the Mamba.

Injuries and coaching man.

Last edited:

I think Brown was a better fit becusae he focused on defense.  this group of players dont need help with offense and really should be putting all their focus on defense.  MDA does exactly the opposite.

If only brown didnt do that stupid princeton offense **** he might still be our coach. this is coming from an unofficial member of team fire MB.

honestly, who knows...

the problem with the Princeton was he wasn't commenting fully to it correct?

iono either way, just tank rest of season and try to get lucky with a nice draft pick. instead of the ones they keep picking lol

i rather have kobe rest than push through that injury for nothing. we are only dreaming if we think lakers can make any noise in the post season

honestly, who knows...

iono either way, just tank rest of season and try to get lucky with a nice draft pick. instead of the ones they keep picking lol

i rather have kobe rest than push through that injury for nothing. we are only dreaming if we think lakers can make any noise in the post season

the lakers have no draft pick this year

As a fan of basketball, and not just the Heat or NBA, it sucks to see the Lakers have a season like this. Really want y'all to make a push in the playoffs, just out of respect for the Mamba.

Injuries and coaching man.

Only few of the Heat fans I respect here. :smokin

honestly, who knows...

lotta people think that if he never mentioned the phrase, "Princeton Offense" he would still have a job

but just that phrase alone brought along a grip of scrutiny

and I been saying Mike Brown shoulda never been fired, since day 1. You gonna hire the dude, don't fire him unless you know you getting Phil. MB to D'antoni was lateral movement if anything downgrade

Last edited:
Brown shoulda been fired the day he was hired, ya'll buggin.

MDA ain't great, but pretty sure this is the most ridiculous injury season we ever had. He never got a fair chance really.

I'm starting to feel a certain way about this season...
but I don't wanna be judged, don't know if it's a respectable feeling...so I'll keep it to myself. |I

Only few of the Heat fans I respect here. :smokin

yea most heat fans are fans of teams we steam rolled over for a decade.. you can tell who they are because they hate the lakers and talk every chance they get.

I would say he is the only heat fan who is level headed :lol:

:lol:@ the one kid who use to be a rocket fan coming in here yelling at us like we united and sent acb over there to hate :lol:

Back
Top Bottom