Delete

How Many Games Will The Lakers Win With Mike D'Antoni?

• 40-49...They're Going To Get Worse

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 50-59...Good Enough For A Solid Seed, Not Too Shabby

• 60-65...Top Seed and Impressive Record, Thumbs Up

• 66-70...Scary Good, All Teams Are Now Officially Scared

• 71+...Might As Well Cancel The Playoffs

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Man, Blake played his *** off last night, he fought CP3 HARD and deserves credit for that, even if we know he isn't very good, I wish that fan woulda stood up, Steve woulda cleaned that dude out. :lol:

But yeah, 3 games in and players are pressing already, that ain't good.

even though one of the assistant coaches talked about it last year, i didnt really grasp it until before the start of the season, he said that winning games is what matters even though he didnt say this part, it pretty much means the starters have to put in heavy minutes in order to win

this bench sucks, people can argue this guy over that guy all they want but the bench sucks, other than hill, no one out there can give you more than 5 a night, especially consistently

the lakers are competing against teams with benches who can put up 30+ a night - how the **** are they supposed to compete with that?

last night the clips bench put up 40+

Last edited:
You know after thinking about it last night, there's no reason why there isn't a 10 man rotation set by now. Earlier I brought up the fact that nobody has stood out, but after thinking about it, it's kinda hard to get in a groove and stand out not knowing whether or not you'll be playing in the next game. There's minutes to be had for at least 5 players off the bench(barring injury) every game, and it should look something like this.

• Starting 5 gets the first 6/7 minutes or the 1st qtr together(barring foul trouble or injury)
  • At the 5/6 minute mark you replace Nash & Howard with Blake (or either backup PG) & Hill......Leaving a lineup that consists of PG Blake SG Kobe SF Metta PF Hill C Pau to finish out the qtr.
  • Now to start the 2nd qtr you now have PG Nash SG Meeks SF Ebanks PF Jamison C D12. You let that group play together for the first 6/7 minutes of the second qtr.....then you throw out your best lineup to close the qtr

Then rinse and repeat the 1st & 3rd qtrs and 2nd & 4th qtrs

Last edited:
You know after thinking about it last night, there's no reason why there isn't a 10 man rotation set by now. Earlier I brought up the fact that nobody has stood out, but after thinking about it, it's kinda hard to get in a groove and stand out not knowing whether or not you'll be playing in the next game. There's minutes to be had for at least 5 players off the bench(barring injury) every game, and it should look something like this.

• Starting 5 gets the first 6/7 minutes or the 1st qtr together(barring foul trouble or injury)
  • At the 5/6 minute mark you replace Nash & Howard with Blake (or either backup PG) & Hill......Leaving a lineup that consists of PG Blake SG Kobe SF Metta PF Hill C Pau to finish out the qtr.
  • Now to start the 2nd qtr you now have PG Nash SG Meeks SF Ebanks PF Jamison C D12. You let that group play together for the first 6/7 minutes of the second qtr.....then you throw out your best lineup to close the qtr

Then rinse and repeat the 1st & 3rd qtrs and 2nd & 4th qtrs

Word?

One would think an NBA head coach would figure that out eh?

Dwight Howard has taken 10 other dudes, and won 55 per.
Nash has taken great teams, and then also 10 other dudes, and won 50 per.

Kobe and Pau can win 55 per with 10 other dudes.

Now we have UNITED these dudes, I don't give a flying **** about the other 8 nobodiess, as long as like 3 of them can help out at all, that's enough. Ron, Jamison, and the combo of either Hill or Blake should be enough. Whatever we get out of Ebanks + Meeks is gravy. Morris and Sacre are tactical. Fouls, rest, garbage time, learning situations, whatever, you can buy them minutes here and there.

This rotation should have been set in September. Minutes, assignments, backup plans, all should have been worked out over a month ago. MB ****** around with "oh, well, ya know, I don't really know what my rotation is gonna look like just yet, I gotta, I gotta, ya know, see what it looks like, and uh...." *gun goes off*

I saw somethin the other day that bothered me. We're down late vs Dallas, semi close. Need some 3's. Our lineup, Dwight, Pau, Ron, Kobe, Nash. :stoneface:
We need, some 3's coach. Coach, we need 3's. 3 pointers Mike, 3's. Why are Dwight, Pau, AND Ron in the game? Should that not maybe, be Pau, Jamison, Kobe, Meeks, and Nash? Ya know, to attempt some 3's?

I wonder, and I assume it will never ever ever ever happen, but Mike tried something last year, didn't work at the time. However, we have a different roster now. Ron came off the bench, and that was with a worse core. Now we have Dwight and Nash. Why not look at Ron off the bench, with Jamison and Hill, and either go with Ebanks or Meeks in stretches? Meeks maybe late in games, slide Kobe to the 3, and Meeks spaces the floor better with Kobe and Nash. Or, if you're ahead and want less space, more defense/legs whatever, you can use Ebanks at the 3, and he has FOUR hall of famers to take care of him on offense, he just needs ot hustle on D is all.

This keeps that dribbling clinic settled down, as well as a lesser shooter. Ron can help give the bench a tougher/veteran type feel, battle down low with Jamison and Hill if Brown does that, maybe leave the guards in for that lineup, or stagger the bigs.

Dwight, Jamison, Ron, Kobe, Blake -- Pau, Hill, Ron, Meeks, Nash. Ebanks plays the swing role with the starters and can sub in/out at the 2/3 based on the rest of the groupings.
Can switch them as well
Dwight, Jamison, Ron, Meeks, Nash -- Pau, Hill, Ron, Kobe, Blake.

No matter what, you're lineup is balanced enough to keep things going when the bench is in. Jamison CAN score, but isn't forced with Dwight/Nash or Kobe with him. Meeks can get shots off Nash penetration.

Hill doesn't have to shoot 18 footers with Pau and Kobe on the court, and Blake can occasionally give us spacing, not to mention, that 5 can move between the Princeton, AND the Triangle as they did last night. Ya'll heard Kobe call Horns, which is Triangle. Twitter dudes were all over that last night.

I'm dumb. And those lineups make 50 billion times more sense than whatever the **** Brown is doing. Dwight + 4 bench players, with Hill shooting J's, Jamison out of position, and nobody that can create a shot for themselves when things get bogged down? :smh:
Pau + the same 4 bench guys, with the same problems? :smh:

I'm so irritated right now that we have to go thru this. First grade coaching knows how to work a rotation, why doesn't my ******g coach?

I was watching the game , but did Jodie even play last night or was he that.unproductive I didn't notice him?

Well, at least Nash will get a week or two off, I'm happy about that. It's an injury that will heal, not be a problem all year like an ankle or knee injury, etc. So that's good.

Oh hey, now we can use Morris, glad we didn't use him in the preseason to get him some more work/experience. :D :smh:

So, Nash and Hill are healthy for life, leave Phoenix, and in less than 2 full games, both are injured already. Give it up Phoenix, what the **** is in your water out there? :lol:

Word?
One would think an NBA head coach would figure that out eh?
Dwight Howard has taken 10 other dudes, and won 55 per.
Nash has taken great teams, and then also 10 other dudes, and won 50 per.
Kobe and Pau can win 55 per with 10 other dudes.
Now we have UNITED these dudes, I don't give a flying **** about the other 8 nobodiess, as long as like 3 of them can help out at all, that's enough. Ron, Jamison, and the combo of either Hill or Blake should be enough. Whatever we get out of Ebanks + Meeks is gravy. Morris and Sacre are tactical. Fouls, rest, garbage time, learning situations, whatever, you can buy them minutes here and there.
This rotation should have been set in September. Minutes, assignments, backup plans, all should have been worked out over a month ago. MB ****** around with "oh, well, ya know, I don't really know what my rotation is gonna look like just yet, I gotta, I gotta, ya know, see what it looks like, and uh...." *gun goes off*
I saw somethin the other day that bothered me. We're down late vs Dallas, semi close. Need some 3's. Our lineup, Dwight, Pau, Ron, Kobe, Nash. :stoneface:
We need, some 3's coach. Coach, we need 3's. 3 pointers Mike, 3's. Why are Dwight, Pau, AND Ron in the game? Should that not maybe, be Pau, Jamison, Kobe, Meeks, and Nash? Ya know, to attempt some 3's?
I wonder, and I assume it will never ever ever ever happen, but Mike tried something last year, didn't work at the time. However, we have a different roster now. Ron came off the bench, and that was with a worse core. Now we have Dwight and Nash. Why not look at Ron off the bench, with Jamison and Hill, and either go with Ebanks or Meeks in stretches? Meeks maybe late in games, slide Kobe to the 3, and Meeks spaces the floor better with Kobe and Nash. Or, if you're ahead and want less space, more defense/legs whatever, you can use Ebanks at the 3, and he has FOUR hall of famers to take care of him on offense, he just needs ot hustle on D is all.
This keeps that dribbling clinic settled down, as well as a lesser shooter. Ron can help give the bench a tougher/veteran type feel, battle down low with Jamison and Hill if Brown does that, maybe leave the guards in for that lineup, or stagger the bigs.
Dwight, Jamison, Ron, Kobe, Blake -- Pau, Hill, Ron, Meeks, Nash. Ebanks plays the swing role with the starters and can sub in/out at the 2/3 based on the rest of the groupings.
Can switch them as well
Dwight, Jamison, Ron, Meeks, Nash -- Pau, Hill, Ron, Kobe, Blake.
No matter what, you're lineup is balanced enough to keep things going when the bench is in. Jamison CAN score, but isn't forced with Dwight/Nash or Kobe with him. Meeks can get shots off Nash penetration.
Hill doesn't have to shoot 18 footers with Pau and Kobe on the court, and Blake can occasionally give us spacing, not to mention, that 5 can move between the Princeton, AND the Triangle as they did last night. Ya'll heard Kobe call Horns, which is Triangle. Twitter dudes were all over that last night.
I'm dumb. And those lineups make 50 billion times more sense than whatever the **** Brown is doing. Dwight + 4 bench players, with Hill shooting J's, Jamison out of position, and nobody that can create a shot for themselves when things get bogged down? :smh:
Pau + the same 4 bench guys, with the same problems? :smh:
I'm so irritated right now that we have to go thru this. First grade coaching knows how to work a rotation, why doesn't my ******g coach?

:lol: I can't even argue that aspect anymore. There's no reason why there isn't an established rotation set by now.

Last edited:
Jamison doesn't attempt 3's but Ron does like it's nothing :x :smh: His last 3 seemed like he barely used his legs.

CP laying down truth up in here. Not much else to be said but to read his posts the last 2 pages.

On to Detroit. Sig check.

They signed Meeks to backup Kobe yet he does not play even though Kobe is not 100% yet. The Mike Brown school of thought.

We should start playing a game to guess who will get a DNP or who will play every game.

I got this from Lakersground:

Mike Brown had a line-up in the 2nd quarter of:

C - Jordan Hill
F - Antawn Jamison
F - Metta World Peace
G - Steve Blake
G - Darius Morris

Seriously? Blake at SG? :rofl:
So he decided to bring Morris just to keep Meeks on the bench. If he plays Meeks next game and sits Morris it will be confirmation that he has no idea what he was doing this game.

The worst thing about this lineup is that Morris was not trying to run the Princeton at all but was just driving and dishing for turnovers or calling for picks and clanking jumpers. BUT MEEKS IS IN THE DOGHOUSE INSTEAD! The Mike Brown School of Thought.

Last edited:
The shot selection... And ability to make shots and find the open man.. And get to the hoop...Is all extremely better than last year...

We have 4 guys who are above average passers for their position.. And one crazy guy who gets too excited when he gets the ball..

They have to figure out how to protect the ball better.. That's step 1 **** that veterans should not be having to be taught.... You can run triangle, princeton, run and gun, whatever offense.. You shouldn't have to be taught how to protect the ball...

The offense is better than it was last year... What the problem is... is the turnovers.. It was that way last year as well..

Get rid of the turnovers, and the offense will not only be even better than it was.. But it will look better... Our offense is better, it just doesn't look that way.

Also cutting down turnovers decreases our pressure on defense.. Regardless of PPG.. The Lakers have been able to hold the other teams to good %s.. It's just that when you take 20 extra shots, you make 8. That's 16-20 points right there, and not including FTs. Cut down turnovers and a 115 point game.. Becomes a 90 point game..

I wholeheartedly agree with the rotation issue..

But that's where my agreement stops.

Last edited:
i rather take a risk with another coach then mike brown. there no reason to put that type of rotation in if your not winning. might as well rest the players if end result is losing

i'm sorry but at this rate the case to FIRE Mike Brown is inching closer in my book that rotation sequence he displayed last night was ridiculous i gotta agree with knightngale with meeks on the bench n morris over him come on #TeamFireMikeBrown. :x :smh:

The turnovers are what killed them against the Thunder as well. I think that stems from predictability since Kobe or Gasol are not really poor passers. This is when you need to let Nash do his thing and not have a predictable offense.

One ways to cut down the turnovers are to sit Artest's *** down if he starts going crazy, do not play morris, force feed the bigs more and make steve blake only a spot up shooter.

Back
Top Bottom