Delete

How Many Games Will The Lakers Win With Mike D'Antoni?

• 40-49...They're Going To Get Worse

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 50-59...Good Enough For A Solid Seed, Not Too Shabby

• 60-65...Top Seed and Impressive Record, Thumbs Up

• 66-70...Scary Good, All Teams Are Now Officially Scared

• 71+...Might As Well Cancel The Playoffs

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I want to bring something up.
Why can't Nash just run the offense? Because they have Kobe and Pau they need to have have the ball in their hands too?
I just don't understand why Kidd can run an offense without interference by Rick Carlisle, but Nash can't? Why not? Did Nash not lead one of the best offensive teams in this millennium?

Because Mike Brown.

They are turning the ball over within the Princeton Offense and trying to run it. Unless you let Nash Handle the ball most of the game when he gets back then
the turnovers will continue. It was not this bad last year even with trash PG's most of the season. What's the difference? These dudes go away from Howard, Kobe, and Gasol even when they have good position just so they can run the offense. Then the ball ends up in Artest's hands or one of the other scrubs.

Offensive Schemes don't turn the ball over... Players do..

And the fact that you can't discern between the two is comically embarrassing.

^^The answer is simple. The Nash offense didn't get the Suns a championship and Mike Brown is sticking with that reason.
My question to Mike Brown, the Princeton offense never brought a title to Princeton, so why roll with that offense? :stoneface:

I said the Suns offense, not the Suns defense. :lol:

Kidd did it fine, but Mike Brown more than anything has to limit minutes if he wants Nash to be effective. That's the only thing I worry about Nash. Nash can't be playing Kobe minutes.

Dude is clearly a clown and has proven time after time(dating back to the 08 championship run) that he knows little to nothing about basketball :lol:

Last edited:
I just think the Princeton offense is just making things wayyyyyyyy too difficult for a very talented team. it shouldnt take a scientific offense for a t eam of kobe,nash,pau and Dwight to get the ball in the hoop lol. Yeah Players are the ones who actually turn the ball over but if they don't know what they're doing in an offensive system it falls on both.

I just think the Princeton offense is just making things wayyyyyyyy too difficult for a very talented team. it shouldnt take a scientific offense for a t eam of kobe,nash,pau and Dwight to get the ball in the hoop lol. Yeah Players are the ones who actually turn the ball over but if they don't know what they're doing in an offensive system it falls on both.

Quick question, don't take it the wrong way

But do YOU know difficulty/simplicity of that offense? If not, don't you think it's a little funny that someone can complain about something that they have NO IDEA themselves on how its supposed to work? :nerd:

I just find it a little weird that there's so many people in here that are experts at the Princeton offense.....kind of amazing when you think about it

Man. I know Mike Brown is a cool dude, he tries to be personable with the team, but they're not buying into his proposed philosophy.

I saw the latest ep. of Backstage Lakers on youtube (DirectTV ftl :smh: ) and had MB mic'd up for the whole episode. Man everyone seemed to be so uninterested whenever he tried to preach. I know most NBA players seem to be that way, but I mean if you were learning new a new offense of course you'd want to pay attention, but man, they remained inattentive.

That's just the way I see it atleast.

But do YOU know difficulty/simplicity of that offense? If not, don't you think it's a little funny that someone can complain about something that they have NO IDEA themselves on how its supposed to work? :nerd:
I just find it a little weird that there's so many people in here that are experts at the Princeton offense.....kind of amazing when you think about it

Nope but I DO know its not workin based on the 58 turnovers and 0-3 record

Go look at the stats.. Lakers shot better than the Clippers.. It's not opinion.. It's a fact
Look at the game against the Blazers... They shot almost identical to the Blazers.. Not an opinion.. It's a fact.
First game FG% was better.. We lost on a horrendous FT shooting night.. Not an opinion.. It's a fact..
Actually watch the games before you comment.. At least with CP I can have a nice basketball discussion..
It's not the Princeton Offense that's losing the game. It's the players turning the ball over. Or missing FTs.
Yup. Yall tripping if yall think Mike Brown is the reason the lakers are losing. I mean, I wonder how the lakers offense would look if the princeton offense would work or they had a new offense. That's not the problem man.

One of the skill sets required to run the Princeton offense is passing. Everyone is involved in creating plays with passes. More passes by mediocre players means more chances to make mistakes.

The Princeton offense IS NOT THE CULPRIT here. Let me make that clear. This team can not run it. That is what I mean when I blame the offense. I blame Mike Brown and his choice of offense for this team.

How is he gonna insert Morris to try and run this offense? ******G MORRIS IS THE WORST PLAYER IN THE NBA AND YOU ARE ABOUT TO LOSE YOUR JOB AS A HEAD COACH AND YOU PUT HIM IN THE GAME TO RUN AN OFFENSE THAT THEY HAVE BEEN HAVING TROUBLE WITH. :smh:

Even Nash has not had success within this offense and he think Morris being in there is a good idea. At least Chris Duhon can kinda of set up an offense instead of dribbling the the ball for 20 seconds.

He is also always complaining about spacing and decides to put Morris instead of Meeks in.

Who the hell is saying they are experts with the Princeton offense? Stop talking out of your ***. Most of us are pointing out that the offense is not working or that these players can not run it. I find it funny that you lack that type of common sense.

Dudes need to stop bringing up the field goal percentage because part of that was Kobe going away from the offense in order to create some shots. Is Kobe doing 3 pump fakes and then hitting an and1 the Princeton offense? If hitting a ridiculous fadeaway over Blake part of the Princeton offense? Nah, that is just Kobe's offense. If you do not count Kobe, the Lakers team shot only 44% of the field.

Steve Blake did not have a good game 2-6 from the field wiht 2 assists and 3 turnovers while getting torched on the other end. :x :smh:

Last edited:
Defense and TO's cost the game plus Howard was in foul trouble. That fall by Gasol was scary too. I think he's paranoid about being posterized by Blake.

Sign Delonte West. Cut Duhon.
Rest Hill cause his back aint right. Sign Keyon Martin.

I hope Mitch is cooking something up. Bench is on life support Jamison needs step up and start being aggressive on Offense...then again our bench rotation seem way out of wack

The rotation with the bench should be limited to Jamison, Hill, Ebanks and Meeks. I don't want to see anyone else on the floor unless it's garbage time.

so um......is jodie meeks and chris duhon injured or something?

steve blake shouldnt be playing near 40 minutes in one nba game....like EVER....

kobe 43 minutes? what the hell....

Back
Top Bottom