Delete

How Many Games Will The Lakers Win With Mike D'Antoni?

• 40-49...They're Going To Get Worse

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 50-59...Good Enough For A Solid Seed, Not Too Shabby

• 60-65...Top Seed and Impressive Record, Thumbs Up

• 66-70...Scary Good, All Teams Are Now Officially Scared

• 71+...Might As Well Cancel The Playoffs

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
so um......is jodie meeks and chris duhon injured or something?
steve blake shouldnt be playing near 40 minutes in one nba game....like EVER....
kobe 43 minutes? what the hell....

lol dint watch the lakers last year or what?

thats how mike brown sets his rotations..

he cant ever let one bench player ride it out for more than 10 game.

never know who's going to get those bench minutes. its different every game.

even thought its only 3 games of the new season but come on 0 wins and even the preseason.... with this much talent you have to at least win one game

So goddamn frustrating. What the hell is up with our defense? We can't stop anybody.

Offense will get there, I actually like certain parts of the offense and once everyone gets comfortable then it will click.

It's the defense I'm worried about. Our rotations are off and just flat out lazy. It's like they are playing on their heels the whole game.

By now, I hope all of you that have defended Mike, have given up. It's over, he has proven it to you, he is clueless.

I get and fully understand all your opinions, and players have to work hard, and do their job, etc etc. I get, and know all that. It is correct, players must do their jobs. However, players must also KNOW their jobs, and they do not. Why is that?

Guys, this was game THREE of the NBA season. 3. Mike Brown coached that game like it was game 7 of the NBA Finals.

Kobe, 43 minutes, on a bad foot, 3rd game in 4 nights.
Pau, 39 minutes, 3rd game in 4 nights.
Ron 38 minutes, 3rd game in 4 nights.

Nash sat out, (thank God). Dwight was in foul trouble and could only play 30, (thank God) Jordan Hill is hurt, only played 9.

So let's talk about what we've been talking about for weeks now. Remember me *****ing and crying about Morris and Goude not touching the court in preseason games? How important it would be to get those kids minutes, so they can develop, ya know, the thing we need players to do. Morris by game THREE, has already been asked to come in. How bout those preseason minutes he coulda had now? Coulda used them, huh? And guess what, Morris did alright last night. Made some mistakes, still scared out there, but hey, when you don't get regular time in preseason, why should we expect him to be ready in game 3? Not like anyone would be prepared for a 38 year old PG to get hurt now would they? :smh:

Jordan Hill isn't healthy. Ok, so then we have an easy solution. STOP PLAYING JAMISON AT THE ************* 3. There, glad that's settled. Buy Sacre a few minutes if need be, Dwight, Pau, Jamison as your 3 man til Hill is right, and when you can, get 5-7-10 minutes for Sacre (saaaay, with 3 other starters) so that you don't wear down the 3 bigs you do have.

Kobe's minutes in 3 games. 35, 38, 43. In 4 nights. With a bad foot. At 34. Gee, when Kobe ***** up in a 4th quarter in April, I wonder where fatigue will factor in on that. I'm sure it had nothing to do with what happened to him last year, not like he had high minutes last season. :smh:

It's November 3rd. Why is Mike Brown going BALLS OUT in 3 games? This is what I have been preaching on him forever, he has ZERO CLUE what he's doing. How can Meeks ALREADY be in the doghouse? Why Ebanks don't play game 1, and now Meeks is DNP in game 3? :stoneface: How are they going to learn roles, and fit in on the team, when they get pushed and pulled like that? How would anyone? If we lose all 3 games, and Dwight/Kobe/Pau all play 32 minutes, I'm fine. I'd be so damn happy. Good work coach Brown, just extend the preseason, let them slowly learn the system, figure it out, give the kids some PT, in 6 months, this will all help you. The team will grow. Roles will define. Energy will be stored. Excellent work coach.

That's not what he's done. Instead.......he's BURNING minutes on old players. He's ****** up all roles for bench players, and he' still losing the same games, he could lose just the same while teaching the team and saving their legs. What kind of a ******g idiot are we dealing with? If he just wanted a win so bad, then he should have planned that a month ago, loaded everything up for a Dirk-less Mav team in our home, and gone balls out for THAT game. Then punted Port/Clips, but at least he'd have his win. He ain't do that tho. :smh:

Here's the big issue. I know you all hate reading this ****, I hate typing it, but the longer we wait, the NEX T coach we get will have to learn everything too. Players/Roles, system, all will have to start over. Would you rather start over in November, or February? I rather they make the change NOW, and punt this month, hoping we can get stronger for a second half push, which we'll by then need. Longer we keep Brown, more minutes he piles on our old guys, more the young guys sit and do nothing, and we'll be in even worse shape.

Mike Brown is ruining our team. It is clear as day right now. He has no plan, no vision. Make the change, and do it NOW. I know there are other reasons, no doubt, but at least get a coach that saves legs and then we can identify and fix the other issues once a REAL rotation is set. I rather be safe, than sorry.

Just to make you all feel better tho, as I put in the NBA thread.

Lakers, Celtics, Nuggets, Heat 1-8

Bobcats 1-0

Perspective.

That's kinda backwards isn't it? There's no rotation cause nobody has stood out.

No one has stood out, but we all know who should not be out there.

No Morrison. Jamison should play at the 4; he looks lost out there at SF.

If you can't find 3 players to go along with Nash/Pau, Nash/Dwight, Kobe/Pau, and Kobe/Dwight combinations, then we are in trouble. I know Jamison (at the 4) and Meeks should be able to handle that. Additionally, I would like to see Kobe slide to the 3 since we have to apparent backup 3.

Mike Brown is a defensive coach...but our defense sucks...so why is he still the coach again? :lol:

Obviously, our bench production is terrible but Jodie Meeks getting NO clock? Ridiculous.

We look like the Denver Broncos who went out and got Peyton Manning and decided to not let him run his offense. Just run the triangle. Post Dwight/Kobe. Pau in the high post. Artest/Nash/Blake/Meeks spot-up. Or...let Nash do what he does.

It's so ridiculous watching Dwight and Pau get the ball near the 3 point line, set some pick, and roll to the basket...only to get doubled before they even reach the paint. We're not even using our size with these Princeton sets.

Last edited:
No one has stood out, but we all know who should not be out there.
No Morrison. Jamison should play at the 4; he looks lost out there at SF.
If you can't find 3 players to go along with Nash/Pau, Nash/Dwight, Kobe/Pau, and Kobe/Dwight combinations, then we are in trouble. I know Jamison (at the 4) and Meeks should be able to handle that. Additionally, I would like to see Kobe slide to the 3 since we have to apparent backup 3.

Agreed.

And, the rotation thing goes back to last year. The bench hasn't known when they'll get in or how long they'll play. Guys have to be ready to contribute, but it also benefits them to know exactly what's expected game to game, barring circumstances like foul trouble or injury.

Officially joining Team Fire Mike Brown. I'm afraid Howard might take his talents elsewhere if we continue this path

About last night,

Why is Morris in the rotation? Why not put Duhon in there, a much more experienced and seasoned bench warmer?

Why did Metta take more shots than both Dwight AND Pau?? How is that tolerated?

Why did Dwight only get seven shots? Even with the foul trouble he should have had way more touches. It's not like he's the best center in the league or anything. Oh, wait...

WHY IS KOBE OUT THERE FOR 43 MINUTES???????

Why did Jordan Hill only get nine minutes on the floor?

Why does Mike Brown have no idea what he's doing with his rotation?? Isn't that one of the first concepts you're supposed to master as a coach on like the high school level???

Why do clipper fans exist??

I think the real question is, why is Steve Blake getting minutes, when he makes even more boneheaded mistakes than the rookies and 2nd years? At least when you put in Morris and the like you hopefully are having him learn and are getting some athleticism out there. Steve Blake might be the worst PG I have ever seen in LA during the Kobe era :x (this includes Smush, Chucky Atkins, Jordan Farmar, etc)

I hope Mitch is doing his homework right now or it's going to be an ugly season.

Artest is a black hole on offense. Dude hold the ball for 8 seconds and then pass.

Pau is soft. :x

Kobe foot is about to fall off if he keep playing 40 minute a game under Mike Brown :x

Our PG sucks. Steve Blake, Morris. God damn.

Antawn Jamison is a liability on both end

FIRE MIKE BROWN NOW. This guy is clueless.

I hate being a Lakers fan right now.

Damn didnt know Blake was talking trash to Essential a fan i thought he was barking at CP3 :rofl:

Back
Top Bottom