Delete

How Many Games Will The Lakers Win With Mike D'Antoni?

• 40-49...They're Going To Get Worse

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 50-59...Good Enough For A Solid Seed, Not Too Shabby

• 60-65...Top Seed and Impressive Record, Thumbs Up

• 66-70...Scary Good, All Teams Are Now Officially Scared

• 71+...Might As Well Cancel The Playoffs

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Great comeback victory last night. 

Feeling pretty confident that the Lakers will make the playoffs, but the with the way they defend and turn the ball over they'll just be food against whatever top seed they'll be matched up against. 

tired.gif

Kobe has an intense will to succeed and the understanding that hard work definitely pays off as its reflected in his performance. it will come down to i believe on how badly he wants that 6th or possibly 7th ring, if he will receive a pay cut, hes not hurting for money. all we can do is speculate. His current level of play is without a doubt phenomenal at his age to say the least 
glasses.gif
 #countonkobe

Reading these responses about Kobe just makes me realize how close he is to retiring. I've been watching this dude his whole career. The day he decides to hang em up, real tears will be shed with no shame. I got to see Jordan's last few years with Chicago, and the Wiz. He's still an iconic figure and important figure in my life, but I didn't get to see his whole career unlike Kobe's. When Jordan left, it was tough, but when Kobe leaves, for me, it will be a lot harder to get over it.

Been a fan of the NBA all of my life, but when the guys I grew up connecting with the most retire (Kobe, KG, Kidd, etc) retire then I don't think I'll have the same level of interest in the game that I have now...the connection with the new generation of stars (Kyrie, KD, RW, Harden, etc) just isn't there.

Been a fan of the NBA all of my life, but when the guys I grew up connecting with the most retire (Kobe, KG, Kidd, etc) retire then I don't think I'll have the same level of interest in the game that I have now...the connection with the new generation of stars (Kyrie, KD, RW, Harden, etc) just isn't there.

I agree.ill always be a lakerfan,and I'll probably still watch the games, but it's not gonna be the same.

word. when the generation i grew up watching is gone there definitely wont be that sense of connection anymore. plus it's hard to "idolize" ******* that are younger than you :smh: :lol:

in a different sense tho, it'll be good to watch basketball without as much emotional attachment. all these years of laker ball and stress cant be good for my blood pressure

word. when the generation i grew up watching is gone there definitely wont be that sense of connection anymore. plus it's hard to "idolize" ******* that are younger than you :smh: :lol:

in a different sense tho, it'll be good to watch basketball without as much emotional attachment. all these years of laker ball and stress cant be good for my blood pressure

Seriously, it's crazy that some of the dudes in the league are younger then me :/

Can't idolize a 18 year old.

:wow: you're right, the emotional side of it for the most part will be gone.

Repped.

Me personally, I'm not following because I'm idolizing.

I'm following because I'm appreciating athletic skill/domination.

I can be 16 admiring/appreciating the skill of some 25-yr old just the same as I'll be 50 admiring/appreciating some 25-year old. I can appreciate Kyrie being younger than me and dancing w/ the ball just the same as I could appreciate Penny being older than me and dancing w/ the ball.

When Jordan left, it was tough, but when Kobe leaves, for me, it will be a lot harder to get over it.

i feel fortunate to have experienced both, but i've enjoyed kobe's successes and his career overall a lot more than jordan's

I agree with this, I could not appreciate the last Jordan years with the Bulls, because I was alot younger, but to see what Kobe is doing and being older myself and more experienced I can appreciate the amount of work he is putting in to stay at an elite level. As much basketball as I watch I just can not see myself making sure I am in position to watch KD or Bron. this new generation does not do it for me. I like the 80's mentality type of guy: Kobe, PP, Garnett, Ray Allen are the only ones that come to mind right now...

I'll miss Kobe when he's gone, sure. But I look forward to Dwight, Love, Durant, SG? and Irving leading the team going forward in 2016 and beyond.

Bron gettin married in San Diego eh? Bet Mitch will be there. :wink:

I agree with this, I could not appreciate the last Jordan years with the Bulls, because I was alot younger, but to see what Kobe is doing and being older myself and more experienced I can appreciate the amount of work he is putting in to stay at an elite level. As much basketball as I watch I just can not see myself making sure I am in position to watch KD or Bron. this new generation does not do it for me. I like the 80's mentality type of guy: Kobe, PP, Garnett, Ray Allen are the only ones that come to mind right now...

THIS to the fullest

I said once Kobe was gone I was going to lean on KD

Or just convert to tennis

I cant stand the current NBA

80s-90s ball is where its at

When I do a season/association on 2k, I HAVE to incorporate the vets into the situation

Makes for a much better competitive overall situation, every team is good

But as for real life, if KD doesnt show me anything sooner than later, Tennis here I come

But whos to watch in tennis that has that kobe/jordan like thing goin for them

Nadal? Federer? Djokovic? I just dont know

Maybe I'll just wait to see what Wiggins will bring to the table

"Father time is undefeated."
- Chuckster

Yea, but how much of his game is really predicated on athleticism right now? Compared to somebody like Lebron or Westbrook Kobe would have a much easier time staying effective without the athletic edge. Give him "Wizards MJ " athleticism and I don't think he does any worse than Mike did at that point to be honest. Kobe's even got more tricks in his bag to use when he can't get past or jump over people anymore, plus he adds stuff to his arsenal all the time like it's nothing a la the Dirk fadeaway.

As long as he can still play healthy, I don't see him declining very sharply even if he loses all of his explosiveness. He could easily choose to work more in the post when he gets older/slower.

Yep, I'm turning 25 this year and all of the players I grew up watching are on their way out. I will definitely shed a tear when Kobe retires.

I'll still remain a Laker fan, but it wont be the same. People are going to take not appreciating Kobe for granted once it's all said and done.

Reading these responses about Kobe just makes me realize how close he is to retiring. I've been watching this dude his whole career. The day he decides to hang em up, real tears will be shed with no shame. I got to see Jordan's last few years with Chicago, and the Wiz. He's still an iconic figure and important figure in my life, but I didn't get to see his whole career unlike Kobe's. When Jordan left, it was tough, but when Kobe leaves, for me, it will be a lot harder to get over it.

That's why I've been watching every game...

Before last season, I'd only be able to watch the Lakers when they were on National TV and the occasional stray game I'd somehow catch.

After losing to the Mavs in 2010, I realized how close Kobe was to hanging them up... So I decided although I'll never see him play in person :frown: I'm going to watch every single game of his that I can from here on out..

Back
Top Bottom