Delete

How Many Games Will The Lakers Win With Mike D'Antoni?

• 40-49...They're Going To Get Worse

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 50-59...Good Enough For A Solid Seed, Not Too Shabby

• 60-65...Top Seed and Impressive Record, Thumbs Up

• 66-70...Scary Good, All Teams Are Now Officially Scared

• 71+...Might As Well Cancel The Playoffs

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Lakers are just not good. bottom line.  Ill take this new found way of play and get into the playoffs just so I can have a few games to enjoy. but seriously nobody should expect us to beat OKC, SA, LAs other team 4/7 times...heck not sure we get past Denver if we meet them somehow. 

Fact is, too many injuries. Horrible coach. Dwight injured vs not caring, MWP being on the team. Whatever helps you sleep at night.   Season is a wash but still will try to enjoy as much of it as possible.
This thread has been gold.

This guy from the 909 seems to have it right. The team is decimated with injuries all year on top of their age getting up there and thin bench. Not a recipe for contender status.

Then you have a coach who has a roster not really suited at all to his coaching strengths. A coach who can't use post players. A post player in Howard who has limited post moves to begin with but can still be effective when put in the right positions. Stan Van Gundy made him look decent in the paint. Unfortunately Howard is out there at 50% health and he also seems to not care anymore [which could be due to a number of reasons: touches, Bryant, injuries, coach etc.].

When Pau was healthy, he was out on the 3-point line launching threes and looking apathetic as well as pathetic at times.

Nash is decent but he really is nowhere near the Nash we know and hated. He can still hit some jump shots but he isn't dicing and darting through the lane off PnR's like he used to. He can't create on that level anymore.

Bottom line is the team isn't going to the playoffs and if they do it will be another Dallas series type sweep or 5 game first round exit. Bryant's elbow injury could be the final straw.

What in the world are they going to do next year? Fire D'Antoni? There's no way they can do that even though he has a roster that is pretty much the opposite of what his strengths are. Keep Dwight? I don't want that guy back regardless if he's injured or not. Unless they get a new coach to actually utilize Howard, it won't make much sense to bring back the team as constructed. Bryant and Howard don't seem to be meshing too well, and Pau on the other hand is the odd man out. If they can get a coach who can make it work, I could see bringing back the roster as is.

Real talk I'm a 6 foot 3 Steve Nash mixed in with a little bit of Matt Barnes.

FIFA is the only ps3 game I play.
I incorporate a lot of that soccer type anticipation and vision into my passing. Sometimes too much because the guy I'm leading has no Idea I'm thinking that far ahead :lol: but when I play with dudes I tell them, keep cutting...ima throw the ball where you end up not where you are :pimp:

What I mean by a little Matt Barnes that is that I can def be a liability on defense, but I give it my all. If you do get right past me, you'll be tired as hell because ill be up in your face making you work for everything. And without the ball I'm constantly moving like ray Allen. I tell dudes that guard me:

I may not always get the ball, but ima make damn sure that when I do you are tired as hell. Keep chasing me :pimp:

Last edited:
^

Phil Jackson Mentoring Dwight Howard
Mar 06, 2013 9:56 AM EST

Phil Jackson has become a trusted mentor to Dwight Howard.

"Phil, he texts me and he understands how it is to come off back surgery," Howard said. "He just said it takes a full year to recover, so you can't beat yourself up over the things that have happened this year."

Jackson recently told Sports Illustrated that Mike D'Antoni's system doesn't suit Howard's talents.

"Dwight just doesn't get any touches," Jackson said. "They've basically eliminated his assets."

Should've just hired him from the beginning and even if we were 20-62 we wouldn't really be worrying about Dwight... Dwight came out and said he wanted to play for Phil...

Would they really fire D'Anphony after one year right after they did that with Brown? That's a lot of money they still owe to two coaches and then to have to pay another coach.

Phil aint comin back after how Buss did him. Smh. 

That's why I feel like the near future to end Bryant's career might be a monumental waste with D'Anphony coaching guys who don't play to his strengths. I still have faith in the core but there would need to be a coaching change to make it click. You absolutely cannot make Howard your franchise guy and his coach be D'Anphony. No way.

^ I don't think it's realistic to think they could fire D'Antoni either... though I guess if Dwight comes through in the negotiations and says he will only play for Phil, it could get interesting. Jeanie could probably fix some of the damage that Jim did, though I'm not clear on their roles in the organization after their dad's passing.

^
Should've just hired him from the beginning and even if we were 20-62 we wouldn't really be worrying about Dwight... Dwight came out and said he wanted to play for Phil...
SMH at Buss 
mean.gif
roll.gif

You go from Mike Brown to D'Anphony... the same D'Anphony who was known to not be able to utilize post players. When you have Gasol and Howard. When you have older vets who cannot run and are mostly slow. When you have limited outside shooters that Nash can distribute the ball to. 

I incorporate a lot of that soccer type anticipation and vision into my passing. Sometimes too much because the guy I'm leading has no Idea I'm thinking that far ahead :lol: but when I play with dudes I tell them, keep cutting...ima throw the ball where you end up not where you are :pimp:

What I mean by a little Matt Barnes that is that I can def be a liability on defense, but I give it my all. If you do get right past me, you'll be tired as hell because ill be up in your face making you work for everything. And without the ball I'm constantly moving like ray Allen. I tell dudes that guard me:

I may not always get the ball, but ima make damn sure that when I do you are tired as hell. Keep chasing me :pimp:

Im always cutting :wow:

And I'll say what I said on Twitter here on NT as well.. Just so you can understand whether it's at you.

Your basketball opinion is nonsense bro. Simple. Anyone worth their knowledge in basketball hears the Dwight-Kwame comparison you'd be laughed out the room.

you weren't the only one making that stupid comparison. I'm not @ each of you individually. You think it's about you. It was. no need to @ you. You know it was partially to you. You want clarification. Ask and I will say it to you directly again.. No one is running from what they say.... You wanted to act like you discovered the fountain of youth, fine. But when you asked you got the reply...

Don't act like you're a man. You're on NT bro. You're not a national columnist, or radio host, or on TV.... You're on NT. Where no one but NT sees.. If you saw Dwight you'd scream like a ***** run at him and ask for an autograph.. You wouldn't even mention a bad word to him.. So in essence what you call *** ****.... you partake in it.. Don't say it's different because it's the same damn thing..
Ill do the same.

Nobody gives two ***** bout your opinion either
Ive met dwight before. Gave him daps and kept it moving. So dont speak on what you dont know.

Your on nt too so all you jus said applies to you to. Actin like you a gm thinking anybody important read that ish.

In done with this. Keep being on Dwight and keep acting like your a gm.. which no one else sees besides nt.
Do you.

You guys are cool and all because you're Laker fans... but god damn some of y'all need to talk a walk outside the confines of your own room.

Phil is oiling the gears nicely. But as I said before, I wonder if Jim will have the cojones to admit when he's wrong and make the right hire with Phil in the offseason. Maybe a severe spanking in the playoffs will convince/force him to do so.

You on my team then bruh :pimp:

You guys are cool and all because you're Laker fans... but god damn some of y'all need to talk a walk outside the confines of your own room.

Keep it going guys.

This is forever funny.

Lol

Man I left to go play ball at around 1145 or so

I come back in here and those guys are still goin at it

Im definately staying neutral but I think its funny as well

Most important tho, this thread boils down to everyones opinion and freedom of speech etc

Arent we on the same team tho?

Last edited:
ESPN NBA analyst Hubie Brown comments Lakers' struggles, Dwight Howard's health. - espn.go.com/espnradio/play?id=8876071

^

Phil Jackson Mentoring Dwight Howard
Mar 06, 2013 9:56 AM EST

Phil Jackson has become a trusted mentor to Dwight Howard.

"Phil, he texts me and he understands how it is to come off back surgery," Howard said. "He just said it takes a full year to recover, so you can't beat yourself up over the things that have happened this year."

Jackson recently told Sports Illustrated that Mike D'Antoni's system doesn't suit Howard's talents.

"Dwight just doesn't get any touches," Jackson said. "They've basically eliminated his assets."

Hopefully Jim will fall back and let Jeanie run the team.

You on my team then bruh :pimp:
he means incisions. hes a doctor b

Back
Top Bottom