Delete

Bruce Campbell and Taylor Mays FTW.... Acquire Mike Vick too.

pimp.gif

Shaun Hill traded to the Lions for a 2011 7th rounder, thanks Shaun
smokin.gif

I will keep on saying bringing Carr was a horrible move, there have been whispers that he's been brought in to compete with Alex Smith to become a starter.

I wouldn't be opposed if the Niners went with 2 players that can fill a hole and start immediately on the team with the 13th and 17th pick. We can find a RT in the second round who we can plug right in (there's an artcle on webzone).

Originally Posted by offbad

*@#% is a 7th rounder even worth anymore.

%+#@*+% pitiful.
A 7th rounder is better than receiving absolutely nothing for a guy we were going to cut.

What the hell were you guys expecting?

Glad to see you guys at least have some respect for Hill.

Dudes over on the 49ers forum seem to think he's complete trash
smh.gif

Oh, and the avy stays
pimp.gif

SANTA CLARA, Calif. (AP)—The San Francisco 49ers have signed free agent quarterback David Carr(notes) to a two-year deal.

General manager Scot McCloughan said Monday that Carr will help provide depth at quarterback.

Coach Mike Singletary has repeatedly said 2005 No. 1 pick Alex Smith is the starter, but didn’t rule out signing an experienced quarterback who could push Smith and challenge for playing time.

Carr, an eight-year NFL veteran, was the top draft pick in 2002 out of Fresno State. He spent the past two seasons as a backup to Eli Manning(notes) with the New York Giants.

The 49ers on Monday also agreed to terms with Detroit on a trade that would send quarterback Shaun Hill(notes) to the Lions. The 49ers would receive an undisclosed 2011 draft pick in return.

wow...im not happy with this move...hill held fort for us and he extremely reliable when his number was called...he wasnt starter material but he is a very capable back up...are we really gonna put our 100% faith on alex? it looks like we are and now we add another enigma to the team with carr...hope everything goes well for you shaun
ohwell.gif

The Nate Davis Show will start mid-season!
this!...i really wanna see what this kid is all about...hopefully he moves up in the depth chart somehow

Originally Posted by westcoastsfinest

SANTA CLARA, Calif. (AP)—The San Francisco 49ers have signed free agent quarterback David Carr(notes) to a two-year deal.

General manager Scot McCloughan said Monday that Carr will help provide depth at quarterback.

Coach Mike Singletary has repeatedly said 2005 No. 1 pick Alex Smith is the starter, but didn’t rule out signing an experienced quarterback who could push Smith and challenge for playing time.

Carr, an eight-year NFL veteran, was the top draft pick in 2002 out of Fresno State. He spent the past two seasons as a backup to Eli Manning(notes) with the New York Giants.

The 49ers on Monday also agreed to terms with Detroit on a trade that would send quarterback Shaun Hill(notes) to the Lions. The 49ers would receive an undisclosed 2011 draft pick in return.
wow...im not happy with this move...hill held fort for us and he extremely reliable when his number was called...he wasnt starter material but he is a very capable back up...are we really gonna put our 100% faith on alex? it looks like we are and now we add another enigma to the team with carr...hope everything goes well for you shaun
ohwell.gif

The Nate Davis Show will start mid-season!
this!...i really wanna see what this kid is all about...hopefully he moves up in the depth chart somehow

1) David Carr is FAR from an enigma.  He never got a fair shot in Houston.  Im not saying I like Carr or am not against what we did with the Hill/Carr situation, but he never got a fair shot. 
2) The Nate Davis Show will absolutely NOT start mid season.

Originally Posted by dland24

1) David Carr is FAR from an enigma.  He never got a fair shot in Houston.  Im not saying I like Carr or am not against what we did with the Hill/Carr situation, but he never got a fair shot. 

2) The Nate Davis Show will absolutely NOT start mid season.

carr is kinda like alex IMO...they both have shown flashes of brilliance but were hit by the injury bug....so thats why i call him an enigma

2nd i love nate davis!
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom