Delete

^^^ Hes our leader he should have some say in what we should do, after all he is the best player in the NFL not named Peyton Manning

I just want to add i would love to have Joey Porter, dont think it would be a far reach we need another pass rusher. I do like Brooks but Porter would def help us alot our pass rush

I hope the 49ers move up in the draft to get Berry. Would 1st round + 5 or 4th round draft pick be enough to entice a top 10 team to trade with us?

Originally Posted by milkandcookies

laugh.gif

Patrick Willis isn't thrilled with the idea of signing David Carr

Try reading the past few pages.

Originally Posted by Bleezys and Heem

^ I'd think it would have to be both 1st rounders in order to get into the top-5-10.
I think 2 1st rounders is a little OD. If Berry is still available around 7 or 9, I would like to see the 49ers make a move. If he can be had for our 1st pick (13th) and maybe a combination of draft picks (3rd and maybe a 2011 pick) I would go for it.

Originally Posted by JayJunkie

Originally Posted by Bleezys and Heem

^ I'd think it would have to be both 1st rounders in order to get into the top-5-10.
I think 2 1st rounders is a little OD. If Berry is still available around 7 or 9, I would like to see the 49ers make a move. If he can be had for our 1st pick (13th) and maybe a combination of draft picks (3rd and maybe a 2011 pick) I would go for it.
word ...i think niners need help with at secondary and O- line ...and pass rush, not at running back

CJ Spiller isn't just a "running back"

With that said, this draft is DEEP with OL and secondary help.

Rumors of 49ers potentially giving up one of their 1st rounders to get Gathier.  Would be a HUGE get and could use the other first to get an impact player

Another useless signing, chalk this one up with Demetric Evans and Brandon Jones.

What the $$%* you doing McCloughan?
smh.gif

2 former #1 draft picks though, awesome.

Carr is an upgrade over Hill as a backup especially because of Hill's noodle arm. This allows Carr to come in and run the offense if Alex goes down and allows Nate to still develop.  It isn't a bad signing at all.

laugh.gif
@ this noodle arm argument. That #$@$ doesn't even make sense.

http://www.youtube.com/v/mqlKrBDsSVk&hl=en_US&fs=1&

0:09-0:14 Noodle Arm?
grin.gif

There's a reason most of the guys on the team weren't for this move - its a bad signing. ("We have three quarterbacks that are better than [Carr]," Willis says.  "That's a waste of time.")

Shaun Hill has shown he can effectively run this team when needed, especially with 1 year left on his contract.

When we list our off-season needs via FA no one would have guessed we would have splurged signing Carr to a 2 year deal.

Originally Posted by bright nikes

CJ Spiller isn't just a "running back"

With that said, this draft is DEEP with OL and secondary help.

CJ would be
pimp.gif
 but this draft is deep as far as the saftey spot but I don't really see any great CB's   

Originally Posted by chr1scross

If Brandon Marshall gets traded to the Seahawks..
smh.gif
frown.gif
What if he does?
eyes.gif
 They win 1 or 2 more games.

This is a two team race us and the Cards I could care less about any move made buy the Seahawks or Rams.

patrick willis is pulling for shaun hill...i think hill has held fort for us and i think he very well be a good back up

I'd say we go defense with both first round picks. Our defense is already pretty good but adding two defensive players with 13 and 17 would make our D a top 3.....

With the 13th pick take Rolando McClain to team up with Willis and with the 17th pick take Earl Thomas, our defense would be so Nice!......but who am I?

I've done a complete 180. Unless by some miracle, Eric Berry falls into our laps, I now am in whole hearted support of drafting CJ Spiller at 13.

Leon Washington to be tendered by the 49ers?

He would be the change of pace back and KR we were looking for and if it can be done for a 3rd or a 3rd and a future pick then I'll be stoked.

And bright....

I respect the hell out of Shaun Hill for winning in the situation he was in but dude has ZERO arm.

Originally Posted by Bruce Waynee

Leon Washington to be tendered by the 49ers?

He would be the change of pace back and KR we were looking for and if it can be done for a 3rd or a 3rd and a future pick then I'll be stoked.

I've done a complete 180.  I am now whole heartedly against drafting CJ Spiller at 13.

Leon is a very underrated player, he was looking for a nice size contract until that freak injury (I wanna say he broke his fibula).

If they're wanting a 2nd rounder for him, I wouldn't do it - the risk would be too high.

He'd also have to sign a new contract, I'm assuming. IMO, a huge gamble considering what kind of injury he suffered.

You can never guage a players explosion coming back to what it once was with any leg / knee injuries.

berry with the 13th. spiller with the 17th

[color= rgb(0, 0, 0)]highly unlikely, but hopeful wishing[/color]

Originally Posted by vietsta4o8

berry with the 13th. spiller with the 17th

[color= rgb(0, 0, 0)]highly unlikely, but hopeful wishing[/color]

Very hopeful wishing. I have seen some mocks that have Berry falling to us.  
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
 Theres no chance.  Also, aside from the fact that I think he will be a good addition for us, I want Spiller at 13 because I hear the Seahawks want him at 14.  I think he will be really good, and Id rather not have to face him.

Back
Top Bottom