Delete

Like I said earlier if Berry is available at 7th, you make a move. 13th pick + 3rd round hopefully should be enough.

Originally Posted by JayJunkie

Like I said earlier if Berry is available at 7th, you make a move. 13th pick + 3rd round hopefully should be enough.

i dont think it would be enough
trade-value-chart.jpg

It's going to take both 1st rounders to move into picks 5 through 10.

And NO on Leon Washington. Stick with Coffee as the #2 back for now unless they can land a change of pace RB/KR with picks 4 and up.
I just think a 2nd rounder is too much, but I like dudes game and he def. can be that change of pace back/return man and they would probably over pay for him.

I still don't know what to think about them signing David Carr....just makes me shake my head....like Willis said, all 3 of our QBs are better than Carr....can anyone explain this one to me??

I dont see how we take CJ unless they do something with Coffee being that they just drafted him last year... But I do like the idea of Ro and Earl in the 1st round... But we still need help on the offensive line...

I'd prefer that they trade up if necessary in the second round and take Jahvid.

Joe Haden and the best OT available in the first round

McCloughan will not trade up to get Berry, its not in his blood. I see Berry going top 7 at least, him dropping to 13 is def wishful thinking.

Dland welcome aboard the CJ Spiller bandwagon
pimp.gif

Forget Glen Coffee - he cannot return kicks / punts, he cannot go in motion and line up in the slot, he doesn't have the speed to bounce outside like Spiller.

& I don't know about Jahvid that dude is one hit away from calling it a career.

I'd say go o-line with one of our first rounders, as I feel that is our most glaring weakness...

and if by some miracle he fell to us.. what do ya'll think of Dez Bryant?

Originally Posted by dland24

Originally Posted by Deuce King

I'd say we go defense with both first round picks.
  I agree.

I strongly disagree with this. 
Of course our offense is a major concern given the inability to consistently put up points last year but why completely develop the offense if we don't even have a legitimate starting QB right now??  That's why I say we develop our defense first,  as we of now has some solid ground to stand on with our defense then work on the offense.

what do ya'll think of Dez Bryant? 
As I stated before last year when we drafted Crabtree, a receiver is only as good as his quarterback.  Seeing as how we have no official QB as of now I don't see getting Dez Bryant as a good move unless we get a veteran QB in our grasp.  Dez Bryant is a great talent, but I wouldn't want his talent to go to waste if we can't get him enough touches because we don't have a QB to throw him the ball.

I agree.

Of course our offense is a major concern given the inability to consistently put up points last year but why completely develop the offense if we don't even have a legitimate starting QB right now??  That's why I say we develop our defense first,  as we of now has some solid ground to stand on with our defense then work on the offense.

As I stated before last year when we drafted Crabtree, a receiver is only as good as his quarterback.  Seeing as how we have no official QB as of now I don't see getting Dez Bryant as a good move unless we get a veteran QB in our grasp.  Dez Bryant is a great talent, but I wouldn't want his talent to go to waste if we can't get him enough touches because we don't have a QB to throw him the ball.

I don't care who the QB is, fact is, you need someone to protect him out there (OL) or developing the defense is a moot point because they'll be on the field for so damn long.  Even great defenses will eventually give up points, but you wouldn't be able to counter back.

Originally Posted by LazyJ10

I agree.

I don't care who the QB is, fact is, you need someone to protect him out there (OL) or developing the defense is a moot point because they'll be on the field for so damn long.  Even great defenses will eventually give up points, but you wouldn't be able to counter back.

Word. We need to upgrade this line. At least on of the 1st round picks should be used on the line.

Originally Posted by NikeTalker23

OLine is my #1 priority..The success of any QB we have and our offense depends on the line.

I agree with this but if we do take an oline player i hope it would be our 17th pick... I think with a extra add on the line it will better Smith and give him more time... Who are some good offensive linemen that will be worth it for us to take?

Originally Posted by xDOEBOIx

OLine is my #1 priority..The success of any QB we have and our offense depends on the line.

I agree with this but if we do take an oline player i hope it would be our 17th pick... I think with a extra add on the line it will better Smith and give him more time... Who are some good offensive linemen that will be worth it for us to take?

I would be happy with any of Russell Okung, Anthony Davis, Trent Williams or Bryan Bulaga.  The first two probably wont be available, but I think one of them would last to 13....the question is will one of them last to 17, because I doubt Spiller will.

word...its really unfair when peyton and brady have all day to throw that ball

Who are some good offensive linemen that will be worth it for us to take?

Yeah I would like to know the answer to this as well.  Are there any Johnathan Ogden/Orlando Pace type of offensive lineman in the draft cause if they are I haven't heard their names.  That's why I'm against drafting an offensive lineman in the 1st round.

Any of the top tackles and Iupati are worthy of taking in the first round.

Okung (will be gone)
Trent Williams
Anthony Davis
Brian Buluga

are all guys who would make an immediate impact.  Iupati is the best guard prospect in years and some say could even play RT so he would also be worthy of a selection.

Personally I feel like if all of the above 4 tackles are gone by the 13th pick we should go with the BPA which will come down to Haden or Spiller.

Back
Top Bottom