Delete

If the 49ers take Clausen in the 2nd round I don't see how yall could even get upset.  He wouldn't start this year and would be able to develop and if Alex Smith stinks it up he would have a year of experience behind a SOLID O-line to step in and potentially be very good.

I'm warming up to the idea of Taylor Mays though.

Originally Posted by What up

So just because we're not happy with Smith we have to draft Claussen?
Honestly, if we can get him with a 2nd round pick id say yes.

Theres a reason why our QB's have been Shaun Hill, Tim Rattay, JT OSullivan, Dorsey, and Trent Dilfer... you look at those guys and say 'wow they are terrible', well they all beat out Alex Smith for the job...

Alex Smith is a fraud and trash. Hes lucky VD had a 50 inch vert on a few of those TD passes this past year or else those would be incomplete/terrible passes.

Im just not convinced, every single year we complain how we dont have a legit QB and how much we hate Alex Smith,  yet we wouldnt take the 2nd or 3rd best QB in the SECOND round of a deep NFL draft class. Alex Smith must be looking incredible and putting in work this offseason...

Were definitely going defense with the next pick.

Also, do you guys think either will be starters week 1? I think Iupati will be starting but I dont think Davis will start until a couple of weeks into the season.

I'd like us any of the following

Dexter McCluster (2nd)

Taylor Mays (2nd)
Devin McCourty (2nd)
Mardy Gilyard (2nd)
Dominique Franks (3rd) 
Jacoby Ford (3rd)
Carlos Dunlap (3rd)
Javier Arenas (4th)
Montario Hardesty (4th)
Ricky Sapp (4th)

I don't like Notre Dame and I don't like Clausen, but if he's available, I wouldn't be opposed to taking him. Alex Smith had a not-so-bad year last year, but, are you willing to put all faith in him? I don't think so. And at that point, I think it's worth a shot.

Im good w/ the 1st round, fixed a huge problem. Now pick up some secondary help and I'll have no complaints.

I wouldn't be surprised if we go for: Mays or Dexter.

We have a bigger need in corner than safety though.

get a CB!

when was the last time we even drafted a somewhat good CB? ahmed plummer? i always thought he was real solid too bad he was always injured.

mad.gif

Perrish Cox? Versatile return man and CB.

Originally Posted by Bruce Waynee

If the 49ers take Clausen in the 2nd round I don't see how yall could even get upset.  He wouldn't start this year and would be able to develop and if Alex Smith stinks it up he would have a year of experience behind a SOLID O-line to step in and potentially be very good.

I'm warming up to the idea of Taylor Mays though.
I wouldn't get mad. I just think the 9ers have bigger needs. I'd prefer a CB or safety. I think I'd probably take a RB and maybe even a WR before Calusen. Nothing against him though.

As long as we didn't use a first on Mays, I'm with it.

Crazy a difference a year makes.

Thought about going CB, but 9ers just signed Paymah - there's Lewis's replacement.

okay i'm already talkin myself into this, he's like the vernon davis of defense: fundamentally subpar, athletically transcendent

Back
Top Bottom