Delete

I see they really trying to protect Alex
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by vietsta4o8

i like both picks, but i feel that davis would still have been there at 13
Pretty much. Would have been fine with Bryant, Lupati, or Wilson with the 17th pick.

Two picks in the first round and we draft 2 offensive linemean.............SMH.  It's great that we now have a better offensive line but with Alex Smith as our starting quarterback we have nobody to protect.

Originally Posted by Deuce King

Two picks in the first round and we draft 2 offensive linemean.............SMH.  It's great that we now have a better offensive line but with Alex Smith as our starting quarterback we have nobody to protect.

You can have whoever you want at QB/WR/RB, if you don't have a solid line there won't be any success. Put your deep hatred for alex aside and realize that we NEEDED OLinemen..

I'm speechless.

The trade down was unnecessary.

Chilo Rachal is pretty much done, and we're banking on TWO rookies to help shore up an already inexperienced line. *shrugs*

Second round we go Patrick Robinson.

It definitely isn't sexy but the Jets did something similar a couple of years ago and now they have one of the best OL in football.

The 49ers went from having a bottom 10 OL to having potentially a top 10 OL.

The 49ers need to get Nate Allen, Morgan Burnett, or someone in the secondary

EDIT:

The trade up was definitely not unnecessary.  There was a lot of talk of Dallas moving up to #12 and they were probably looking at Anthony Davis with Adams gone.  They didn't make that trade up for no reason.  They got the guy they wanted.

They just said that the 49ers said if Clausen is available at 49 we might pull the trigger... Im pretty sure he will be gone by then but I dont get why we want him so much... If Alex dont pan out with this new Oline, we still got Nate... We need to address the CB position and a OLB... QB can wait till next year if anything... Just please no Clausen...

getting two o lineman is fine, especially iupati, i keep reading good things. i'm mad about passing on dez but that's water under the golden gate. 3 most important things in today's nfl: qb, o line, pass rush. if we can turn that oline from garbage to decent, division is ours

trade up shows how stupid baalke and/or york are

I hope Clausen is gone by the Niners next pick because I would hate if they got him. IMO, Clausen will never be an elite QB in the NFL and its a waste of a pick. If they believe so much in Alex Smith they need to stick with that and if he doesn't have a good season/take us to the playoffs - we see who is out there next year in the FA market/draft. I could be wrong about Clausen but I just think dude will be an average/below average QB.
As far as SF's first two picks, I'm satisfied with who they chose. This will solidify the o-line for years to come and if everyone else stays healthy they have the potential to be very good. They didn't run the ball like Coach Sing wanted last season and getting Alex Smith more protection was a need. Alex has the o-line (if healthy) and plenty of weapons on the receiving end now so he has no excuses and seriously the the division could be won with a 8-8/9-7 record. I hope they go cornerback/safety with their next pick.

For a minute there I thought Coach Sing would just take Dez Bryant to get Alex Smith a weapon but thank god he didn't. Theres still a bunch of quality WR's left (Golden Tate!).

Good to see Javid Best get draft in the first round. He'll end up being the starter there if he stays healthy.

Let me say
smh.gif
@ Okung and Earl Thomas falling to the Seahawks.

We need to go secondary round 2.

I love our picks
pimp.gif
Jon Gruden says we're gonna make some noise next year.

I wanted Thomas/Haden but not mad at all with our 1st rd picks.

Dez woulda been nice but we don't need to use another 1st pick on a receiver. Plus, I don't think the 9ers want to negotiate with Eugene Parker again.

We need to go secondary round 2.
What DB's are left in the 2nd rd besides Taylor Mays? Sorry haven't invested much time in CFB.
ohwell.gif

Originally Posted by urbano wears nikes

I love our picks
pimp.gif
Jon Gruden says we're gonna make some noise next year.

i think he wants to come back with us
nerd.gif

but im excited for the season thats upon us

Back
Top Bottom