Delete

I'm against the 49ers taking Clausen as well but if they feel he's the best player at #13 or even #17 they have to take him.

Some 49er fans hate on Alex Smith but want to pass on a potential franchise QB falling into their laps.  Makes no sense.

If we don't draft Clausen then we'll most likely have to take one next year barring an Alex Smith pro bowl year.  Jake Locker baby
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by LB510

Originally Posted by dland24

I just pray to God that Claussen is off the board by the time we pick.

If he isn't and we pick I might just slit my wrist.
In that case ...

I hope we get Claussen.

Just kidding.

Originally Posted by Bruce Waynee

I'm against the 49ers taking Clausen as well but if they feel he's the best player at #13 or even #17 they have to take him.

Some 49er fans hate on Alex Smith but want to pass on a potential franchise QB falling into their laps.  Makes no sense.

Geting Clausen isn't saying were trying to win the division it says were half %#! rebuilding. We have more important needs ie Oline and Secondary. We should be looking at making moves to insure we are 10-6 this year. Getting Clausen says we don't mind going 7-9 or 8-8.  
Originally Posted by What up

laugh.gif

I cant believe some "experts" were suggesting that we should trade up for Clausen.
sick.gif
That is probably the worst possible thing that could happen because of the fact that its such a deep draft. Im not a big college football fan but from what Ive heard the qb class next year is supposed to be so much better than this years.

Originally Posted by LB510

Originally Posted by Bruce Waynee

Geting Clausen isn't saying were trying to win the division it says were half %#! rebuilding. We have more important needs ie Oline and Secondary. We should be looking at making moves to insure we are 10-6 this year. Getting Clausen says we don't mind going 7-9 or 8-8.  

I definitely think we should take Clausen at #13 if he falls that far, y'all joking about not taking him right?
laugh.gif
... our QB has been GARBAGEEEEEEEEEEE for YEARS.

Ill admit Alex Smith did look good to finish the season off, but i dont forgive him for wasting our #1 pick, i dont forgive him for being terrible aside from half a season. #*## this dude

Didnt Roethlesburger lead the Steelers in his Rookie season? Correct me if im wrong.. Tom Brady? Dan Marino? Hell even Kurt Warner.

Dont get it twisted, im not saying Clausen is anywhere remotely close to these dudes in terms of talent but dont act like its impossible. I just dont think Alex Smith is going to take us anywhere but MAYBE the Wild Card, which I think Clausen could do as well, except for the fact its gona be his Rookie season.

I say we trade our 13th pick for Big Ben, and once Alex Smith starts to #*## up early in the season, Ben will be there in week 6 to clean things up
laugh.gif

IDK man, it should be interesting to say the least, we have a couple holes in our team and its going to be WILD in that SF draft room during the first round thats for sure.

Originally Posted by pootaing

SAY NO TO CLAUSEN!!! PLEASE!!!

1.eric berry

realistically:

2. trent williams
3. joe haden
4. bulaga/earl thomas

i wouldnt be mad with a combination of any of those

From what I have read, Trent Williams is even more unrealistic than Eric Berry.....just sayin....

You guys who say Claussen are NUTS for a number of reasons.

1- We have been told that Smith is the guy. Period.

2- We have been sold on the fact that our time is now. Drafting Claussen does NOT validate this idea.

3- If we are willing to draft Claussen why the EFF did we pass on McNabb?!?!?

Im sorry. I dont want Claussen at all.

Originally Posted by dland24

Originally Posted by pootaing

SAY NO TO CLAUSEN!!! PLEASE!!!

1.eric berry

realistically:

2. trent williams
3. joe haden
4. bulaga/earl thomas

i wouldnt be mad with a combination of any of those

From what I have read, Trent Williams is even more unrealistic than Eric Berry.....just sayin....
yea i just saw a couple mocks with trent williams going top 5, so scratch that. (unless we get lucky like we did with crabtree last year)

can you imagine berry and williams falling to us??

eek.gif
eek.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

/dreaming

I understand but you have to look at it from the perspective for beyond this year.  What if Alex Smith stinks it up and we don't bring him back?  Our options at QB are Nate Davis and David Carr.  I'm just saying that it wouldn't be nearly as bad as people are saying.

Back
Top Bottom