Delete

I saw nothing impressive with coffee last season, even though he was a rookie. Seems more the type to give gore a rest and not eventually replace him.  Poor mans frank gore.

Originally Posted by SuperSaiyan415

I doubt Haden will be there at 17 with him improving his 40 time at his pro day and I'm crossing my fingers Javhid Best is still around when we pick in the 2nd round. He fits all the reason why you guys want CJ Spiller(return man, change of pace, homerun threat).

But the thing with Jahvid, dude never stayed healthy at Cal.

He's smart for declaring cause he knows how much that concussion has affected him.

I also like Dexter McCluster, small as hell, but runs hard.

Just to play devil's advocate, but were there any reports that McNabb would even entertain the idea of coming here? You could have offered the 2nd rounder, but yet, whose to say they would take it? Especially when it comes 12 picks after Washington's.

Originally Posted by LazyJ10

Just to play devil's advocate, but were there any reports that McNabb would even entertain the idea of coming here? You could have offered the 2nd rounder, but yet, whose to say they would take it? Especially when it comes 12 picks after Washington's.

i know we were one of the teams rumored to be interested but thats it

speaking of which...what do you guys think of jason campbell?

deuce...you know im 100% with this too

"My man"

Speaking first hand from watching here in town (the DMV) I would be interested in acquiring him.  The problem with Campbell and moreso the Skins was that he was always introduced to a revolving door when it came down offensive personnel with the Skins.  From new head coaches, to new offensive coordinators, to new offensive schemes of course.  He honestly didn't have a good amount of time to learn a system that would/could work for him. 

Originally Posted by Deuce King

"My man"

Speaking first hand from watching here in town (the DMV) I would be interested in acquiring him.  The problem with Campbell and moreso the Skins was that he was always introduced to a revolving door when it came down offensive personnel with the Skins.  From new head coaches, to new offensive coordinators, to new offensive schemes of course.  He honestly didn't have a good amount of time to learn a system that would/could work for him. 
^ If you took the names out of that, you basically described Alex Smith.

So much foolishness in this thread.

The 49ers have Staley locked up.  they need a RT so it would be stupid to pay top money for a RT that would be a reach.  I'm not sold on Anthony Davis, and would rather have Iupati at 17 than Davis at 13. 

I'm still in the camp that the 49ers, especially if they are able to sign Chester Pitts, should take the top tackle in round 2 (Saffold, Duccasse, etc.) all of which are solid tackles especially for RT.  This would allow the 49ers to take BPA in the 1st round.  Personally I would like Spiller and either Graham/Thomas/Haden

What are your guys thoughts on Earl Thomas?  He could be a ball hawking FS and allow Goldson to move to SS and we'd have an extremely good, young safety tandem.

13th - Haden/Thomas/Morgan/Spiller
17th - Graham/Iupati/Davis
2nd round - RT. As stated before lots of solid RTs can be had in the 2nd round.

"My man"

Nah, he's just a bust.

"My man"

Well unlike Alex Smith, Jason Campbell is mobile and can at least complete a 10 yard pass with accuracy.

Nah, he's just a bust

you basically described Alex Smith.

"My man"

Well unlike Alex Smith, Jason Campbell is mobile and can at least complete a 10 yard pass with accuracy.

Nah, he's just a bust

you basically described Alex Smith.

The same thing McNabb has problems with...but anyway, Smith isn't exactly the most fleet footed guy, but he's hardly immobile.

Damn guys, quit with this chatter.

Lets just look forward to the draft and hope we add talent that can produce right away.

Originally Posted by JayJunkie

13th - Haden/Thomas/Morgan/Spiller
17th - Graham/Iupati/Davis
2nd round - RT. As stated before lots of solid RTs can be had in the 2nd round.
Yea I like this scenario the best. I would personally like to get Spiller/Thomas with the 2 first rounders if possible then try to grab the best available RT in the 2nd round. If not we can hope the Ravens would be willing to give us Gaither for our 2nd rounder.

Yo Waynee, school me on Earl Thomas.

Will his lack of size be of any concern at the next level? How are his coverage skills?

I've read comparisons on Thomas from being Ed Reed to Michael Huff.

So many different directions the 49ers can go, I just hope they don't screw this up
alien.gif

Just heard on the radio that we have acquired Ted Ginn Jr. for a 5th round pick......

Found it......
[h1]Niners acquire WR Ginn, a former first-round pick, from Dolphins[/h1][table][tr][td]
jason_lacanfora_HS_09_02_40x55..jpg
[/td][td] [/td][td]By Jason La Canfora  |  NFL.com 

[/td][/tr][/table]
HQ video delivered by Akamai

The Miami Dolphins have traded wide receiver Ted Ginn to the San Francisco 49ers, pending a physical, according to a league source.

The Dolphins had been shopping Ginn since last weekend, as we have been reporting. Exact compensation is unknown right now, but likely to be a mid-to-late round pick in the 2010 NFL Draft.

Ginn's lack of productivity and relatively heavy rookie contract turned off some teams, and two league executives said they didn't anticipate the Dolphins receiving considerable value for the three-year pro in a trade.

Ginn, a first-round draft pick by the Dolphins in 2007, has excelled on special teams, but he hasn't regularly contributed as a receiver. He had 38 receptions for 454 yards and one touchdown last season.

+#@$ yuku...sorry guys.  dont know why the article I copied ended up getting all effed up.

Man, I really wanted Spiller too. Oh well. Welcome to SF Ginn.

The 49ers have more glaring needs anyways and using a 1st rounder for a KR/backup RB wouldn't have been the best idea.

i really like this move.

we needed a return man bad
he'll also be a deep threat if a. smith can get him the ball?
he has been underachieving with the dolphins. lets see how he does with us

Back
Top Bottom