Delete

I personally think we should still get spiller. Coffee is not a good backup and Gore gets injured every season, taking some carries away might help him stay healthy.

Talbert

As far as WR goes....I still think that Morgan is going to be good. I still think he is the starter across from Crabby.

I'm happy we got a return man but I'm not doing backflips over ginn, I can't see him getting much if any playing time at WR.  It was a pickup that made sense but I would have rather had spiller as a reggie bush type player instead of him.

There is NO WAY in hell McCloughan pulls off this trade, can we agree on that?

This should help out the return game and a fresh start for Ginn will be big. Let Sing get in his ear like he did VD - for a 5th? I'm wit it.

This doesn't mean the 49ers still won't get Spiller, I don't know why you're closing the door on that. We still need a lateral / speed threat in the backfield and another return man adds more depth and talent.

Great move.  Dude doesn't even have to catch a pass for all I care...just run straight and stretch the field.

Also, like BN said I think a fresh start will be good for him and will immensely help out the return game.

Originally Posted by bright nikes

This doesn't mean the 49ers still won't get Spiller, I don't know why you're closing the door on that. We still need a lateral / speed threat in the backfield and another return man adds more depth and talent.

It greatly reduced the need for a KR PR.  With that the niners will look to fill more important needs, OL and secondary is much more likely now, Haden and whoever is left for a RT

I still don't see Ginn taking over both duties.

With that said, realistically I see the 9ers going: Haden or Thomas @ 13 and Anthony Davis @ 17.

Ginn will most likely be the KR and the 49ers will draft someone with PR abilities.

If we could trade down, Kyle Wilson comes to mind.

How was Ginn as a return man? I know everyone always got on him for missing catches but I never really payed attention to his return game.

I still wouldn't mind McCluster in the 2nd or 3rd.

Btw, 49ers now have 3 receivers in the top 20 with dropped passes
laugh.gif
smokin.gif

Ginn will fit right in.

Originally Posted by Cant Nobody Stop Me

How was Ginn as a return man?
[table][tr][td]Kick Returns[/td][/tr][tr][td]Year[/td][td]Team[/td][td]G[/td][td]No[/td][td]Yds[/td][td]Avg[/td][td]Lg[/td][td]TD[/td][td]40+[/td][/tr][tr][td]2007[/td][td]Miami Dolphins[/td][td]16[/td][td]63[/td][td]1433[/td][td]22.7[/td][td]52[/td][td]0[/td][td]2[/td][/tr][tr][td]2008[/td][td]Miami Dolphins[/td][td]16[/td][td]32[/td][td]657[/td][td]20.5[/td][td]41[/td][td]0[/td][td]1[/td][/tr][tr][td]2009[/td][td]Miami Dolphins[/td][td]16[/td][td]52[/td][td]1296[/td][td]24.9[/td][td]101[/td][td]2[/td][td]4[/td][/tr][tr][td]TOTAL[/td][td] [/td][td]48[/td][td]147[/td][td]3386[/td][td]23.0[/td][td]101[/td][td]2[/td][td]7[/td][/tr][/table]
[table][/table]
[table][tr][td]Punt Returns[/td][/tr][tr][td]Year[/td][td]Team[/td][td]G[/td][td]Ret[/td][td]FC[/td][td]Ret Yds[/td][td]Avg[/td][td]Lg[/td][td]TD[/td][td]20+[/td][/tr][tr][td]2007[/td][td]Miami Dolphins[/td][td]16[/td][td]24[/td][td]15[/td][td]230[/td][td]9.6[/td][td]87[/td][td]1[/td][td]2[/td][/tr][tr][td]2008[/td][td]Miami Dolphins[/td][td]16[/td][td]7[/td][td]1[/td][td]54[/td][td]7.7[/td][td]15[/td][td]0[/td][td]0[/td][/tr][tr][td]2009[/td][td]Miami Dolphins[/td][td]16[/td][td]5[/td][td]0[/td][td]28[/td][td]5.6[/td][td]12[/td][td]0[/td][td]0[/td][/tr][tr][td]TOTAL[/td][td] [/td][td]48[/td][td]36[/td][td]16[/td][td]312[/td][td]8.7[/td][td]87[/td][td]1[/td][td]2[/td][/tr][/table]

If Jerry Rice tutors this fool, this could be a good signing.

This may be a mistake though... like all the other bum !%# wr's the 9ers signed over the past few years during FA (the guy from the seahawks, the guy from the cardinals + brandon jones)
sorry, I'm not good with names.

Dude needs to just convert to DB, he'd be good at knocking balls down

Originally Posted by JPZx

Dude needs to just convert to DB, he'd be good at knocking balls down

LOVES tipping the ball to himself he must have played mens volleyball in HS

Those return numbers are gonna fool people. 

He runs to the sidelines more then any other move he makes.  It drove us nuts the last 3 years. 

When you can keep him in the middle, and he can make a cut, then he can make some things happen. 

And he also had 2-3 TD's called back on penalties, so make no mistake, he is very dangerous, he just loves the sideline a lil too much. 

That said, i wish him well, part of me wanted him to stay to run the other side with Marshall, but I think he'll do well out in the bay.  Davis and Crabby out there as well, Ginn's speed threat alone should open some things up.  If he helps out with some return yardage, all the better. 

Back
Top Bottom