Delete

--Although there is no NFL salary cap, every organization clearly has a budget. The addition of McNabb would cost the 49ers an additional $11.2 million in player compensation for the upcoming season.
--With tight end Vernon Davis (signed through 2010), Patrick Willis (2011), Dashon Goldson (2010) and others coming up on the ends of their contracts, does that mean the 49ers would be unable to re-sign one of those players? After all, McNabb is due to earn $11 million this season. And if the club traded for him, they'd have to be willing to give him a lucrative multi-year contract.
--The 49ers are one of the league's low-revenue teams. Like it or not, there is a possibility of no football in 2011. The 49ers wouldn't make a deal with the Eagles unless they can guarantee themselves McNabb will be around more than one year. And would the 49ers be willing to pay a large up-front signing bonus this year when there's the potential that they won't be playing football next year?
[font=verdana, geneva, lucida, 'lucida grande', arial, helvetica, sans-serif]
[/font]

[font=verdana, geneva, lucida, 'lucida grande', arial, helvetica, sans-serif]-MM[/font]

[font=verdana, geneva, lucida, 'lucida grande', arial, helvetica, sans-serif]
[/font]

[font=verdana, geneva, lucida, 'lucida grande', arial, helvetica, sans-serif]We are not going to trade for McNabb..[/font]

Originally Posted by Drizzyd

Herm Edwards was just on ESPN saying that we should trade our 2nd rounder for McNabb, and also trade one of our first picks to Denver for Brandon Marshall.

Sounds absolute
eek.gif
and definitely plausible... until we have to re-sign all of them... But atleast we will be Super Bowl contenders for a year atleast!

Herm for GM!
laugh.gif
i was 
eek.gif
 when i read that on screen then i found out it was just herms proposal

Haven't kept up with this thread, but......So why haven't we traded for McNabb yet? It makes all the sense in the world for me. I'd rather be Super Bowl contenders for 2-3 years than waiting for Alex Smith to develop.

We haven't traded for McNabb because he isn't worth a 1st round pick and he isn't the difference between this team being super bowl contenders.

Originally Posted by tSamShoX

Haven't kept up with this thread, but......So why haven't we traded for McNabb yet? It makes all the sense in the world for me. I'd rather be Super Bowl contenders for 2-3 years than waiting for Alex Smith to develop.

You're not taking money into consideration. We're going to need to extend Willis/Vernon/Dashon soon and we really can't afford McNabb. To me, taking care and locking up the key players we have is a priority..

I've been reading on the 49ers forum that Dashon wants a monster contract.

Can someone verify this?

If WE end up giving him a monster contract, he better play 10 x better than last year.
IMO he was good last year, but his play did not warrant a monster contract.
If the front office gives him a contract, it will only be because of his potential.

49ers tight end walker cited for dangerous-dog
laugh.gif

There was really no need to put "we" in the size 36 font
eyes.gif

Originally Posted by What up

YOU PLAY. TO WIN. THE GAME!
laugh.gif
 One of the best post game rants ever. I'd put this right under Jim Mora's

Originally Posted by milkandcookies

I've been reading on the 49ers forum that Dashon wants a monster contract.

Can someone verify this?

If WE end up giving him a monster contract, he better play 10 x better than last year.
IMO he was good last year, but his play did not warrant a monster contract.
If the front office gives him a contract, it will only be because of his potential.

49ers tight end walker cited for dangerous-dog
laugh.gif

Why would the Raiders give him a monster contract?

If we have to give up anything more than a 2nd rounder for Mcnabb, its not worth it. I say we really consider trading one of the first round picks for Brandon Marshall.. If Alex Smith doesnt come through this coming year, he deserves to be kicked out of anything NFL related for all eternity. If I had multiple oppurtunities to become a starting NFL QB, i'd be on my Joe Montana %#@$. What the hell has dude done in the offseason all these years?
laugh.gif

Sheldon Brown traded to Cleveland. Does this make the Browns pass on Joe? Then it's very possible for him to fall out of the top 10. I'd love for Joe to be a Niner.

This is great for the niners
The trade for Brown likely impacts Cleveland's draft plans in the first round.

The Browns are no longer desperate for a cornerback with the No. 7 overall pick, where Florida's Joe Haden was a potential target. Tennessee safety Eric Berry definitely makes more sense at this point if Cleveland has a choice between the two players.

Im still hoping for 2 of the 3 haden/spiller/OT

Are you @%%**$! kidding me? Just a second round pick. I dont care how many of you guys didnt want him. We should have offered a 2nd. There is nothing that we will draft in the 2nd round of this draft that is better than McNabb now, or for the next 5 years. We blew it. Period. End of story.

Originally Posted by dland24

Are you @%%**$! kidding me? Just a second round pick. I dont care how many of you guys didnt want him. We should have offered a 2nd. There is nothing that we will draft in the 2nd round of this draft that is better than McNabb now, or for the next 5 years. We blew it. Period. End of story.

How much #%#+#%* longer do we have to endure the Alex Smith experiment? I'm seriously sick of the QB play on this damn team. Ugh.

Donovan has a no-trade clause, I'm quite sure he would have used it if they were going to trade him to the Niners.

Why he went with the Skins? I'm thinking that Snyder would pay and do anything to make that team a contender and that's probably why he ended up there.

Add some weapons to this team (spiller and maybe shipley in the later rounds) and we're in business.

This is coming from someone that despises Alex Smith. A certain number of you support him, so this is the make it or break it year for the bum.

How do you guys feel about trading our two first rounders to move up to the 3/4 spot to get one of the top tackles?

They would be stupid to do that.

With a team with so many holes those first rounders are valuable as hell and trading them to move up to grab a possible RT and not a LT would be such a waste.

Realistically, I see the 9ers going for Anthony Davis at 13 then a defensive player at 17 (Graham, Haden, etc).

Second round i'd go for a difference maker (returner, rb, wr, etc).

Third round get a CB if they went with Graham with the 17th and then 4th get a OG.

Glad I'm not the only one that feels this way.  

How much #%#+#%* longer do we have to endure the Alex Smith experiment? I'm seriously sick of the QB play on this damn team. Ugh.

Sidenote:  Also, why do you dudes keep talking about CJ Spiller when we already have Gore and Coffee.  We have enough running backs.  I know Spiller is highly talented and is a bit more versatile than Coffee, but there is no need to mess up things with Coffee by getting Spiller.

Deuce King wrote:

Sidenote:  Also, why do you dudes keep talking about CJ Spiller when we already have Gore and Coffee.  We have enough running backs.  I know Spiller is highly talented and is a bit more versatile than Coffee, but there is no need to mess up things with Coffee by getting Spiller.

Spiller would not only be the change of pace back that would complement Gore but he could also be our new return man we desperately need. With that said, I do think drafting a RB in the first year this year would be a mistake. 

Originally Posted by Deuce King

deuce...you know im 100% with this too

You gotta be kidding yourself if you think Coffee could eventually be our #1 RB.

Show me the last year Gore was healthy, if Spiller is available - Baalke has already gave little hints they'd be interested in him.

I hate the misconception that he's only a running back.

C'mon Draft!

Originally Posted by bright nikes

They would be stupid to do that.

With a team with so many holes those first rounders are valuable as hell and trading them to move up to grab a possible RT and not a LT would be such a waste.

Realistically, I see the 9ers going for Anthony Davis at 13 then a defensive player at 17 (Graham, Haden, etc).

Second round i'd go for a difference maker (returner, rb, wr, etc).

Third round get a CB if they went with Graham with the 17th and then 4th get a OG.

I doubt Haden will be there at 17 with him improving his 40 time at his pro day and I'm crossing my fingers Javhid Best is still around when we pick in the 2nd round. He fits all the reason why you guys want CJ Spiller(return man, change of pace, homerun threat).

Back
Top Bottom