Delete

Originally Posted by milkandcookies

indifferent.gif

^ that is some bull %%@*.

how can he honestly compare our rb situation to dallas' ?
Dallas has 3 rb's who run well behind their offensive line.
SF has 2 rb's, of which only 1 can gain significant ydrge behind our *$$$$# offensive line.

Even if we do draft a speedy RB, Gore will still be the only one who can produce.

It starts with the offensive line, we can't have a running game like dallas if we lack the big, strong offensive lineman that the cowboys have.

I disagree with every word of this post.  

Originally Posted by dland24

Whats the use? He has like 6000000000000000 screen names.

seriously...hes like a tick you cant get rid of

how the hell are you gonna be a raider/niner fan and claim "we" and "ours" when he refers to the niners?
laugh.gif
indifferent.gif

Originally Posted by milkandcookies

indifferent.gif

^ that is some bull %%@*.

how can he honestly compare our rb situation to dallas' ?
Dallas has 3 rb's who run well behind their offensive line.
SF has 2 rb's, of which only 1 can gain significant ydrge behind our *$$$$# offensive line.

Even if we do draft a speedy RB, Gore will still be the only one who can produce.

It starts with the offensive line, we can't have a running game like dallas if we lack the big, strong offensive lineman that the cowboys have.

+ he's i injured every season

Alex Boone has come to camp in CRAZY shape.

If Solari thinks he can compete for the RT position this could really affect the way they draft.

I'm pulling for him though.

David Carr: Despite his No. 1 pick pedigree, Carr threw funny in Houston, threw funny the rare times he got to pass the ball in Carolina and New York, and yep, Carr threw it funny in his first practices as a 49er.
He tosses spirals, but Carr has a shot-put delivery, and some of his throws were as late and underthrown as any I saw by Shaun Hill or Damon Huard last year.

If there's a training camp battle, and if Smith doesn't blow away Carr, the 49ers are in trouble. Because Carr is not the answer. He has never been the answer his whole NFL career.

Originally Posted by bright nikes

Alex Boone has come to camp in CRAZY shape.

If Solari thinks he can compete for the RT position this could really affect the way they draft.

I'm pulling for him though.
word. Read about him as well. Dropped a good percentage of body fat while putting on some muscle.  He still has to work on his footing and the transition from LT to RT.

pulling for him as well.

Originally Posted by NikeTalker23

David Carr: Despite his No. 1 pick pedigree, Carr threw funny in Houston, threw funny the rare times he got to pass the ball in Carolina and New York, and yep, Carr threw it funny in his first practices as a 49er.
He tosses spirals, but Carr has a shot-put delivery, and some of his throws were as late and underthrown as any I saw by Shaun Hill or Damon Huard last year.

If there's a training camp battle, and if Smith doesn't blow away Carr, the 49ers are in trouble. Because Carr is not the answer. He has never been the answer his whole NFL career.

so this is the reason why we got rid of hill huh?
indifferent.gif

smh.gif

If it's true about how much interest there was in Carr prior to his deal with the 9ers, then I'm not going to judge him till I see him actually throw. It's March anyway.

Good news on Boone, but the depth of the OL is still an issue. I don't think they're going to change directions in the draft unless the picks ahead of them don't go to plan (ala Curry to the Warriors).

Did anyone hear Damon Bruce basically state that the reason for the GM's departure was showing up drunk as holy hell to the combine and embarrassing the 9ers?

Here it is based upon that statement that Carr is continuing to look like a bum, while the front office still sits back only to possibly let McNabb go to Oakland, SMH.

Matt Millen rumored to fill GM role in San Francisco
After being blamed for much of the Lions' problems, Millen may get another chance
By Ken Vartabedian - print article
April 1, 2010 | 6:44 a.m.

matt-millen1.jpg

Former Lions GM Matt Millen (AP)​
DETROIT, Mich. -- The 49ers are rumored to have hired Matt Millen as the General Manager effective April 24th, 2010.

Millen, the former Lions GM from 2001 to 2008, and his agent were unavailable for comment.

According to sources close to the situation, the agreement is being held secret until the completion of this year's draft. Reportedly, both sides agreed that having Millen come aboard just weeks before the draft would be too disruptive.

Millen would assume the role vacated by Scot McCloughan, who reportedly left due to problems of a personal nature that the 49ers have yet to disclose.

Millen comes to the 49ers after a much-maligned stint in Detroit presiding over some of the worst years in Lions' franchise history. His 31-84 record was one of the worst stretches in NFL history over that span and he presided over the first 0-16 team in NFL history.

But Millen does have a history with the 49ers, playing linebacker for the team in 1989 and 1990 before finishing his career in Washington. This may have been part of the draw for Team President Jed York.

"Jed (York) and (Vice President) Paraag (Marathe) are really going on out on limb here, but it's a limb they think is strong," said one source. "When Paraag applied his unique analytics to Millen's drafts, the story was much different than the public perception. I think that had a lot to do with the hire. It also didn't hurt that Millen connected the team to the glory days."

The former Penn State standout was an NFL linebacker from 1980 to 1991 with the Raiders, San Francisco 49ers and Washington ********. He went to the Super Bowl four times, winning Super Bowl XXIV with the 49ers.

x0sca8.jpg

april fools joke? please? PLEASE?

Originally Posted by Deuce King

Here it is based upon that statement that Carr is continuing to look like a bum, while the front office still sits back only to possibly let McNabb go to Oakland, SMH.
QFT
tired.gif

too bad the david carr signing wasnt an early april fools joke

Jed York was on the radio last week basically saying that there's few people who are capable of handling the GM role in the L as a whole (meaning, in his mind, it's better to split the duties off to the individuals who could specialize in each particular role). Therefore, I'm taking that as a joke.....a terrible one, too.

really that is a bad joke

at least something more reasonable than that or like a positive joke maybe a gruden to the niners or something i dont know but not this crap
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
C'mon guys.

A couple seasons ago on April Fool's it was Julius Peppers, then last year it was Jay Cutler.

Originally Posted by Deuce King

Were not getting McNabb neither are the Raiders. Get over it.

http://www.49erswebzone.com/ really???? Come on now
laugh.gif

Herm Edwards was just on ESPN saying that we should trade our 2nd rounder for McNabb, and also trade one of our first picks to Denver for Brandon Marshall.

Sounds absolute
eek.gif
and definitely plausible... until we have to re-sign all of them... But atleast we will be Super Bowl contenders for a year atleast!

Herm for GM!
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom