delete

Originally Posted by SneakerHeathen

See my only thing with Lee is this...

YES he had great physical talent...

YES he fought a few guys...(Supposedly dozens upon dozens on the streets over his life)

But realistically...

Against a prizefighter who has had recorded visual evidence of his fights...I'm going to go with Tyson...

Yes Lee could go to the ground, kick, use submissions etc...But has he EVER been hit by a guy like Tyson? Has he ever truly had his chin checked?

Thats what I want to know....If Tyson DOES connect, the result could mean some bad, bad, BAD things for Mr.Lee...
Good thing Bruce Lee was famous for his incredible speed and reflexes then, huh?

Originally Posted by wanksta23

Originally Posted by cgutta

i pick this guy
cott damn, thats ridiculous
laugh.gif
smh.gif

Ali would hand it to Lee too...

His chin....Amazing...

His head movement....Just look...

Hand Speed? Lol....Speed is an understatement...

Experience? We already know....

Its unrealistic to pick Lee, a guy with no professional background to speak of.

Originally Posted by ItsGettinHot

YES he fought a few guys...(Supposedly dozens upon dozens on the streets over his life)

But realistically...

Against a prizefighter who has had recorded visual evidence of his fights...I'm going to go with Tyson...

Yes Lee could go to the ground, kick, use submissions etc...But has he EVER been hit by a guy like Tyson? Has he ever truly had his chin checked?

Thats what I want to know....If Tyson DOES connect, the result could mean some bad, bad, BAD things for Mr.Lee...
Good thing Bruce Lee was famous for his incredible speed and reflexes then, huh?
indifferent.gif

Like I said...

He has NEVER fought anyone with the handspeed of Tyson....EVER....

Nor the experience...

All Tyson has to do is feint, wait for a reaction and it could be all over for Lee if he bites....

You honestly believe Lee is unhittable?
roll.gif
........You dudes are funny...

Another thing. Tyson was DEADLY accurate with his punching angles. The man was always on the button. He's not slow. Even a grazing blow that might knockLee off balance for a second could allow Tyson to follow up with a devestating shot...

You guys don't understand how good Tyson was beyond his brute strength. He was technically sound.

i got BL even tho Iron MIke is that dude.

I F!!!!n hate this MMA stuff. yes they know many styles of fight, but i have yet to see more than a handfull that can trully box. smh

But realistically...

Who is to say Bruce Lee would have ever put himself in a position as intelligent and aware as he was a martial artist to allow someone who is known to do onething well and that's punch...?

C'mon...that's like saying if someone ran out into the highway at night and were not paying attention to oncoming traffic that they'd not end up inserious condition.
indifferent.gif

We all know Tyson was a power guy. Had an attack first mode. But I'd pick Bruce Lee 99 out of 100 times to put Tyson on his back. Even guys like MichaelSpinks ended up beating Tyson in his prime.......I know anyone can take an L at any time including Lee...but I just don't see how a guy as physically fitas Lee was and as astute as he was in the martial arts to allow himself to become vulnerable to a guy who can only punch hard.

Originally Posted by wj4

Originally Posted by HK Feet 27

wj4,

I don't want to run into you in LA. haha

What you said was well put though!
laugh.gif
I'm not a pro or plan to be one by any means...I just practice Muay Thai to discipline myself and protect myself. You would never expect it though because I'm a slender guy who wears preppy clothes, but for self defense purposes...I've knocked out a guy or two before outside of Starbucks. I'm not even going to lie, I've been knocked out cold for 10-15 seconds by a girl who weighs 100 lbs even. She took a huge step back as I did a super man punch and did a round house kick across the face. All I heard was a boom and woke up on the floor.
laugh.gif

I grew up in Thailand and my dad's side has a bit of Chinese in them. I used to stay with them during vacation. My uncle and grandpa used to practice different forms of martial arts. I remember they would go nuts on this thing. They would also spend hours meditating to center their power too. This is why I truly believe that size and power is not everything.
wing-chun-wooden-dummy-lg.jpg

That is a wooden dummy and they are no joke! By the way, I don't venture into Burbank so I'm good. haha

I would definitely think Bruce Lee's patience would prevail in a fight with Tyson.

Originally Posted by wanksta23

Originally Posted by cgutta

i pick this guy
cott damn, thats ridiculous
laugh.gif
smh.gif

Ali would hand it to Lee too...

His chin....Amazing...

His head movement....Just look...

Hand Speed? Lol....Speed is an understatement...

Experience? We already know....

Its unrealistic to pick Lee, a guy with no professional background to speak of.
lol you see how ali moves bruce can move the same or even better...talking about mma and all that have you seen a match where one oppenent couldnot take a kick to the leg...his leg was so messed up that he couldnt stand anymore...bruce lee can do the most painful kicks. Lee would move fast enough andjust give a kick to mike tyson where he would not be able to stand, what can tyson do now. you guys say that what if mike tyson lands one on lee? Lee is toofast for him to land one. If you know what WING CHUN is then you would understand sticky hands. Lee would control his punches directing them away from him andmove in for the kill. You should give up saying tyson will win..

Originally Posted by AirUpHere23

But realistically...

Who is to say Bruce Lee would have ever put himself in a position as intelligent and aware as he was a martial artist to allow someone who is known to do one thing well and that's punch...?

C'mon...that's like saying if someone ran out into the highway at night and were not paying attention to oncoming traffic that they'd not end up in serious condition.
indifferent.gif

We all know Tyson was a power guy. Had an attack first mode. But I'd pick Bruce Lee 99 out of 100 times to put Tyson on his back. Even guys like Michael Spinks ended up beating Tyson in his prime.......I know anyone can take an L at any time including Lee...but I just don't see how a guy as physically fit as Lee was and as astute as he was in the martial arts to allow himself to become vulnerable to a guy who can only punch hard.

UMMMM Guys like Michael Spinks...

Guys like Michael Spinks are BEASTLY DUDES...

BTW Mike Spinks got his @(#*# handed to him by Tyson IN THE FIRST ROUND...

TYSON KO 1 vs SPINKS...

I'm done, not even going to argue with dudes who don't know a thing about the boxing game....Please....

I'm in love with bruce lee as much as the rest of you guys, but lets be realistic..

I'm going with tyson..

why: 1. he was a real professional fighter, fighting other real professional fighters. He wasn't beating up on 7 ft. tall basketball players, or the badguys in the green hornet. Tyson was (in his prime), simply killing some of the best boxers in the world, at the time.
2. size. No way is 145 pound bruce lee surviving a direct hit from 220 pound tyson. he's just too damn light. If tyson cleanly connects, its a wrap.
3. Credibility: there is actual evidence for tysons ability, rather than hear-say, or movies. When was the last time any of you saw a real bruce leefight..like a real one?
..to quote someone else from a different forum who was responding to a similar question (in his case, it was lee vs ali) : "He [Bruce lee] represents inmost peoples mind the mythical Kung Fu master, An unstoppable, undefeatable force. To bad this is not true. Men Like Benny Urqidez, Joe Lewis and even some ofthe top MMA fighters do not get the recognition and prestige as Bruce Lee does and these individuals were and are REAL FIGHTERS."

to say that lee would win, would kinda be like saying jackie chan/jet lee could beat oscar de la hoya/floyd mayweather. I just don't see it happening.These guys are ACTORS for a reason.

But realistically...

indifferent.gif

Like I said...

Nor the experience...

All Tyson has to do is feint, wait for a reaction and it could be all over for Lee if he bites....

roll.gif

Another thing. Tyson was DEADLY accurate with his punching angles. The man was always on the button. He's not slow. Even a grazing blow that might knock Lee off balance for a second could allow Tyson to follow up with a devestating shot...

You guys don't understand how good Tyson was beyond his brute strength. He was technically sound.
What i'm not understanding, is how you can ride with Tyson so hard knowing that his art had him train EXCLUSIVELY in upper body combat.

But realistically...

indifferent.gif

Like I said...

Nor the experience...

roll.gif

Another thing. Tyson was DEADLY accurate with his punching angles. The man was always on the button. He's not slow. Even a grazing blow that might knock Lee off balance for a second could allow Tyson to follow up with a devestating shot...

What i'm not understanding, is how you can ride with Tyson so hard knowing that his art had him train EXCLUSIVELY in upper body combat.

What I'm not understanding, is how you can ride with Lee so hard knowing his fight experience was limited to fairy tales, amateurs, and street thugs.

But realistically...

indifferent.gif

Like I said...

Nor the experience...

roll.gif

What I'm not understanding, is how you can ride with Lee so hard knowing his fight experience was limited to fairy tales, amateurs, and street thugs.
Because if Bruce Lee can live up to half of his legend, that means he's quick enough to kick Mike Tyson in the nuts before Mike knowswhat's going on.
laugh.gif

Ali was a more of an intelligent fighter than Mike. Although Mike is a complete savage, Bruce Lee's arsenal is more equipped than Mike's any day.

Originally Posted by thesimplestlife

I'm in love with bruce lee as much as the rest of you guys, but lets be realistic..

I'm going with tyson..

why: 1. he was a real professional fighter, fighting other real professional fighters. He wasn't beating up on 7 ft. tall basketball players, or the bad guys in the green hornet. Tyson was (in his prime), simply killing some of the best boxers in the world, at the time.
2. size. No way is 145 pound bruce lee surviving a direct hit from 220 pound tyson. he's just too damn light. If tyson cleanly connects, its a wrap.
3. Credibility: there is actual evidence for tysons ability, rather than hear-say, or movies. When was the last time any of you saw a real bruce lee fight..like a real one?
..to quote someone else from a different forum who was responding to a similar question (in his case, it was lee vs ali) : "He [Bruce lee] represents in most peoples mind the mythical Kung Fu master, An unstoppable, undefeatable force. To bad this is not true. Men Like Benny Urqidez, Joe Lewis and even some of the top MMA fighters do not get the recognition and prestige as Bruce Lee does and these individuals were and are REAL FIGHTERS."

to say that lee would win, would kinda be like saying jackie chan/jet lee could beat oscar de la hoya/floyd mayweather. I just don't see it happening. These guys are ACTORS for a reason.

Thank you...

Someone with some logic...

In all the pages, I'm surprised no one comment something on the line of Mikey biting off Bruce's ears. lol

Originally Posted by wj4

In all the pages, I'm surprised no one comment something on the line of Mikey biting off Bruce's ears. lol
I swear I was gonna hit that in my last response but I didn't wanna make it seem like I was hating on Mike.
laugh.gif

Bruce Lee was first and foremost a martial artist before he even stepped foot into motion pictures. Let's be clear on that one.

to say that lee would win, would kinda be like saying jackie chan/jet lee could beat oscar de la hoya/floyd mayweather. I just don't see it happening. These guys are ACTORS for a reason.

They were martial artists before they were actors.

Back
Top Bottom