delete

Originally Posted by TraSoul82

Bruce Lee is more myth than fact simply because all of the footage we have of him "fighting" is choreographed. Video footage >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> "personal accounts".

I've seen Bruce Lee do "some" of the physical feats that add to his legend, so I won't question him as an athlete. But as someone who worked around cameras for a living and claimed to be the best in the world, to not have ANY footage of a real encounter is pretty suspect. Everything was a "demonstration." I mean even a quick sparring session would have helped.

This guy gets it.

How is this 20 pages?
laugh.gif

How is this even debatable?
laugh.gif

Mike Tyson.

Anyways, until someone shows me any real fight footage of Bruce Lee, I think his pedigree is mythology.

And I'm a huge Bruce Lee fan. And I'm Asian. But I'm not delusional.

roll.gif
@ anyone who thinks Bruce Lee would win in a fight. There's a reason wrestling, boxing, MMA, etc. all have strictly-separated weight classes. Leewould get manhandled.

Why does it matter that people haven't seen footage? This is amazingly ******ed.
laugh.gif

Bruce Lee was miniature.

Mike Tyson has like 80 pounds on him and actually knows how to fight.

This isn't a $%+%$@! contest.

This conversation has gone on not only here multiple times but across boards throughout the interwebz, and you always get people talking about Lee like he wassome superhero or mythical being.

The most popular answer usually has something to do with Lee and his "lightning quick kicks" that "feel like being hit by a car".
roll.gif
So what does it feel like to get kicked by Crocop then? Or any actuallyprofessional kickboxer?

Originally Posted by brrraptors

bruce lee would have tyson sleeping before he can put together his first few punches. this guy was a true master of the martial arts. there are numerous instances of people challenging him to a fight in the street, sets of his movies, etc to make a name for themselves only to have bruce pick them apart in a very short time. the dudes dedication to fitness, diet and training is unparalleled.

How many of yall SERIOUSLY believe this %@%*?

I mean honestly...some of the stuff on this list sounds like the predecessor to the Chuck Norris jokes....

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

I mean honestly...some of the stuff on this list sounds like the predecessor to the Chuck Norris jokes....
Nah. Worse. People actually believe this non-sense. As if any of it matters in a fight too.

Bruce Lee is not a superhero lol. He was a skinny Asian dude with lightning quick strikes, a mean growl, swagger for days, 0% body fat, and a good strength toweight ratio. He is not beating a prime Iron Mike who has a good 80 pounds on him. Not even close.

Word. Something I would have to see. From him or ANYONE for that matter. Why would he waste time doing stuff like that? That had to have taken years tolearn...

Originally Posted by Xtapolapacetl

It's good to know that this guy could beat any pro boxer today then..

eyes.gif

A lot of shaolin monks could do the stuff that Bruce Lee could do, or at least a lot of it.

The majority of what Bruce Lee is known for in terms of fighting today came from movies. MOVIES! You know, the opposite of reality. How can you compare that to a real pro fighter who rose through the ranks and beat every other PRO fighter that stood in the way?

Basically.

if lee were to catch mike with a nice swift kick, mike you go down for a little while

if mike were to catch bruce with a devastating haymaker...

.... you fill in the rest.

bruce lee was so far beyond being experienced.. he has his own style of martial arts...
but if his kicks car be compared to being hit by a car... tysons punches should be compared to being hit be a freight train...

it would be a dream match, but dont think iron mike is gonan sit around and let bruce whoop on him. one hit from mike and its over.
some of you guys need to live in reality and understand that bruce is amazing but mike is a +$!%#%# ANIMAL.

nuff said....

bruce lee would have tyson sleeping before he can put together his first few punches. this guy was a true master of the martial arts. there are numerous instances of people challenging him to a fight in the street, sets of his movies, etc to make a name for themselves only to have bruce pick them apart in a very short time. the dudes dedication to fitness, diet and training is unparalleled.

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

I didnt wanna say anything about it.....but how slow do u have to be to allow someone to take a dime outta your hand and leave a penny behind.

Bruce Lee would win.

No one seems to be able to answer the question as to how Mike Tyson would defend himself against Bruce Lee. All I'm reading is that he's"smaller" and people questioning whether he ever did the things he did since we don't have footage of it.
laugh.gif
Like for real? Bruce Lee wasbefore the time of hand-held camcorders and video recording cell phones. How you expect anyone to just have footage of him beating down another man? I thinkthe recorded word and testimony by his peers, spanning various disciplines, is more than enough proof that he really was the goods.

Seems like Tyson supporters have this idea that he'll just be able to walk up to Lee and start throwing haymakers
laugh.gif
One leg sweep with Tyson on theground and it's a wrap.

Originally Posted by Tunnel Vision

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

I didnt wanna say anything about it.....but how slow do u have to be to allow someone to take a dime outta your hand and leave a penny behind.

laugh.gif
Bro...I would have been embarrassed to post that +%%% in the first place. I'm sure he was puffing his chest out when he hit that "post"button thinking he was gonna squash all arguments that were pro-Tyson.
smh.gif
I don't even have an opinion on this thread topic in the first place...I justthink it's ridiculous as to how gullible people are when they read something they perceive as a fact....

Forgot about this Thread LoL ! Maybe I should ask Mike, the next time I see him.... We'll see what he has to say about this..

What a lot of you don't seem to realize is that Bruce Lee was in the 99th percentile of strength for his body weight. If you weighed what he weighed, youweren't stronger than him. And his speed was incredible. As another person stated Force = Mass x Acceleration.

Mike Tyson is no where near as fast as Bruce Lee.

Bruce lee is no where near as massive as Mike Tyson.

But pound for pound? Bruce Lee is stronger. Bruce Lee is also smarter. Mike Tyson has an infantile brain. He is an idiot. He is one dimensional. Bruce Leewould tear him apart.

qoaghs.jpg
CATCHES BULLETS WITHHIS TEETH? CATCHES BULLETS.... WITH HIS TEETH?! #+@%$ PLEASE...
smh.gif

Truth be told, if you support Lee, then fine. But the people discrediting Tyson's abilities need to give it a rest. I've seen dodge trained hands thatwere thrown with bad intentions. I've seen Tyson knock people out trained fighters. Never saw it from Lee. And anyone say that boxing isn't aseffective as martial arts, your opinion is null and void. And I don't really think people understand how savage Tyson was/is.

And what in the holy hell does Bruce Lee being stronger pound-for-pound have to do with anything? An ant is probably the strongest animal on earthpound-for-pound. I've yet to take an L from one.

Back
Top Bottom