Delete.

Originally Posted by WstCoastGotti

Please trade this man, it would help the development of our young dudes. he jacks up the worst shots in history... but we do need some sort of veteran coming back.
We have Devean George. 3 Rings > 1.

Ain't no way we can trade SJax unless we take on another bad contract
smh.gif

Best case scenario, imo:
We don't trade SJax
He goes Sprewell on Rowell & Nelson
He gets suspended or better yet; we can somehow void/terminate his contract.

Yah, I know I'm reaching but its what we do as Warrior fans
laugh.gif

Updated: August 29, 2009, 12:01 PM ET

[h2]Warriors' Jackson 'looking to leave'[/h2]

Comment Email Print ESPN.com news services

Golden State Warriors forward Stephen Jackson says he has requested a trade and prefers to be dealt to the Cleveland Cavaliers or any of the NBA's three teams in Texas.

378.jpg

Jackson

Jackson's wishes are rooted in a desire to play for a team that consistently makes the postseason, he says, something the Warriors have done only once in the past 15 seasons.

"At this point, I'm 31 years old. I have four or five years left," Jackson told Dime Magazine on Friday. "I want to be in a situation where I can continually be in the playoffs and get another ring. So that's where my mind is at now."

Jackson, speaking to the magazine in New York during a promotional event for a shoe line, said the status of his demand is pending.

"It's not about a decision I made," he told Dime Magazine. "It's just things are in the air right now. I really can't get too much into it right now."

When prompted with a question from the event's host about the Warriors' playoff chances, Jackson, who was attending the event with former teammate Al Harrington, told the crowd: "I don't think I'll be a Warrior next year. I'm looking to leave."

Jackson has averaged 15.4 points over nine seasons with the New Jersey Nets, San Antonio Spurs, Atlanta Hawks, Indiana Pacers and the Warriors.

He scored a career-high 20.7 points per game last season after signing a three-year,
$28 million extension with the Warriors in November.

Jackson said he would be open to returning to the Spurs but would also welcome a trade to the Dallas Mavericks or Houston Rockets.

He also mentioned Harrington's New York Knicks.

"I'm just looking to go somewhere where I can go and win a championship," Jackson said.
[h3][/h3]
[h3]Jackson wants out of Golden State[/h3]
10:11AM ET

[h5]Stephen Jackson | Warriors[/h5]
Top Email

Stephen Jackson was in New York Friday attending a promotional party for his shoe company with Al Harrington. Dime Magazine reports he was asked whether he thought the Warriors were going to make the playoffs. Jackson responded, "Um ... I don't think I'll be a Warrior next year. I'm looking to leave."

He later said, "It's not about a decision I made. It's just things are in the air right now. I really can't get too much into it right now, but I'm just looking to go somewhere where I can go and win a championship."

Jackson says the Warriors know about this and that he hopes he gets traded to Cleveland, New York, or anywhere in Texas.

Made it on espn twice
smokin.gif

I'm beyond irritated...as I just aired out on TK's blog...didn't even really need to read TKs spin....Though his use of "homers" with theentry was not needed.

You don't have to be a GSW homer to defend certain moves, which he paints everyone into. I don't think any of us we're really exciting aboutsigning Jackson. Obviously the Maggette move entered a new realm of terrible not seen for some years.

I'm seriously
frown.gif

This team had potential to be under the radar....sneak into 8th place when everyone has us at 10. Obviously if we didn't get hit by tons of injuries..whichis still open to happen...

God, I can't even imagine the contract/person we take back.

We'd HAVE to package Monta or someone....which, at this point is fine.

Clean house.

The only positive sign is, Jackson is well liked by fans...to an extent. Hopefully this will cause attendance to drop (yay) and that would obviously irritateCohan, which may be the straw that breaks the camel's back (ie - sell, sell sell!!!).

Hey Bobby, great "business" sense, you POS.

If Jackson actually gets traded (don't see it happening), I can't wait to here how homer Bob bashes him after like he did Crawford and Belinelli.

Start the time line...(obviously the start is Cohan taking majority interest...see, nothing good amounts from cable TV)

June 9, 2003

Warriors Promote Robert Rowell To Team President

Former C.O.O. to begin ninth season with Golden State

Golden State Warriors Owner Christopher Cohan announced today that Robert Rowell, the team's Chief Operating Officer for the previous two years, has been promoted to Team President, effective immediately. The 36-year-old Rowell has been a member of the Warriors' front office staff in various capacities for the past eight years.
"This is a much-deserved promotion for Robert," said Cohan. "It has been a pleasure for me to watch his growth and development as one of the top young executives in professional sports over the last several years. We are extremely fortunate to have him as an integral part of our organization, where his dedication, innovation, foresight and leadership ability will continue to guide the Warriors in a positive direction in all aspects of our business."

A recipient of Street & Smith's Sports Business Journals Forty Under 40 Award in 2001 - which honors the top 40 executives in professional sports under the age of 40 - Rowell is a member of the NBA Board of Governors and is Golden State's NBA Chief Marketing Officer. He joined the Warriors in August of 1995 as an assistant controller before becoming part of the club's management team as director of finance/controller for two seasons. Following that appointment, he served a three-year stint as the club's vice president of business operations and was later promoted to COO on April 30, 2001.

During his tenure with the Warriors, Rowell has spearheaded the creation of the club's marketing arm - Great Time Out Entertainment (GTOE) - served as a major figure in the success of NBA All-Star 2000 (hosted by the Warriors) and has strategically guided a team that has established an increase in attendance each of the last three seasons, including an all-time franchise record last season. Additionally, under Rowell's direction, the Warriors website - www.warriors.com - has enjoyed one of the league's most dramatic increases in on-line sales (nearly 200% from last year).

I'm somewhat depressed today, though I read about sjax yesterday and knew the responses that was going to draw....plus it's hot as hell outside, so Ireally don't want to do anything...

However, I saw Franchise55's post in general about NYC.

Personally, I LOVE NYC and ideally wanted to move there though I don't think that's going to happen now. Though I would like to visit there at leastonce a year.

Here's my suggestions.

Cop a metro card for unlimited rides..not only is it cheaper than BART, it was a lot handier than the cabs.
Be wear of gypsy cabs or towncars
Visit the Met, and plan for a day there. So much cool stuff (I enjoy lot's of different types of history, so it was awesome to me)
If you plan on going back any time soon, you don't have to be overally touristy...we got all the super touristy stuff out of the way within 2 days
-Empire state building was cool for its views and being that high outside
-Wall St., well I'm just a fan...of that whole area, took a picture of the Bull
-Statute of Liberty and Ellis Island. Statue was cool. not that great, you can see it well from other vantage points as well IMO. Ellis Island meant a lot tome as I had my grandmother come through there and could locate which ship she came on.
- We took in the Opera at the Lincoln Center...it was fun.
- Food, we scouted in advance. Some dinners were certainly pricey (ie- Gramercy Tavern) and some not as bad (1 in soho and the place near our Hotel by centralpark, I think it was Mantles?). Breakfast, we lived on coffee and bagels essentially. Lunches were kinda dependent on where we were at. If you needsuggestions, holla, as I actually still have receipts. One of the best breakfast spots was Penelope's on Lexington, which I highly recommend. The other onenear central park was Sara Beth's, a bit more pricey, but a great portion (especially for NYC).

One thing I think everyone should do is "Scott's Pizza Tour". We had a blast and Scott is dope. Certainly something I'd even do again, as mywife surprised me w/ that one. The bus one is the one we did.

Other notables -
Witnessed a fist fight upon landing at JFK and awaiting our ride
We acted like we knew what the hell we were doing and relied on googlemaps via our phones...so much so that people asked US for directions
SoHo was actually kind of cool, found some random bar/grill on the corner over there which was really good and priced decently...i'll try and figure outthe name
Rockefeller Center at night was super cool because it had rained and cleared the sky out
NBA Store was neat
Saw some dude who may have been a rapper w. bags full of money at Louie V
Picked a random bar to watch the world series at, which was cool...it was like filled w/ locals
After a storm, the amount of umbrellas discarded by trash cans is hilarious
You'll see rats in the same vicinity

Let me know if you want any more details.

We were supposed to go in May, but inadvertently scheduled the trip over Mother's Day Weekend and that wouldn't have gone over very well.

lol at you clearing all long-term deals....move maggette instead of Beans...we'll move Beans next season

Originally Posted by LazyJ10

I'm somewhat depressed today, though I read about sjax yesterday and knew the responses that was going to draw....plus it's hot as hell outside, so I really don't want to do anything...

However, I saw Franchise55's post in general about NYC.

Personally, I LOVE NYC and ideally wanted to move there though I don't think that's going to happen now. Though I would like to visit there at least once a year.

Here's my suggestions.

Cop a metro card for unlimited rides..not only is it cheaper than BART, it was a lot handier than the cabs.
Be wear of gypsy cabs or towncars
Visit the Met, and plan for a day there. So much cool stuff (I enjoy lot's of different types of history, so it was awesome to me)
If you plan on going back any time soon, you don't have to be overally touristy...we got all the super touristy stuff out of the way within 2 days
-Empire state building was cool for its views and being that high outside
-Wall St., well I'm just a fan...of that whole area, took a picture of the Bull
-Statute of Liberty and Ellis Island. Statue was cool. not that great, you can see it well from other vantage points as well IMO. Ellis Island meant a lot to me as I had my grandmother come through there and could locate which ship she came on.
- We took in the Opera at the Lincoln Center...it was fun.
- Food, we scouted in advance. Some dinners were certainly pricey (ie- Gramercy Tavern) and some not as bad (1 in soho and the place near our Hotel by central park, I think it was Mantles?). Breakfast, we lived on coffee and bagels essentially. Lunches were kinda dependent on where we were at. If you need suggestions, holla, as I actually still have receipts. One of the best breakfast spots was Penelope's on Lexington, which I highly recommend. The other one near central park was Sara Beth's, a bit more pricey, but a great portion (especially for NYC).

One thing I think everyone should do is "Scott's Pizza Tour". We had a blast and Scott is dope. Certainly something I'd even do again, as my wife surprised me w/ that one. The bus one is the one we did.

Other notables -
Witnessed a fist fight upon landing at JFK and awaiting our ride
We acted like we knew what the hell we were doing and relied on googlemaps via our phones...so much so that people asked US for directions
SoHo was actually kind of cool, found some random bar/grill on the corner over there which was really good and priced decently...i'll try and figure out the name
Rockefeller Center at night was super cool because it had rained and cleared the sky out
NBA Store was neat
Saw some dude who may have been a rapper w. bags full of money at Louie V
Picked a random bar to watch the world series at, which was cool...it was like filled w/ locals
After a storm, the amount of umbrellas discarded by trash cans is hilarious
You'll see rats in the same vicinity

Let me know if you want any more details.

We were supposed to go in May, but inadvertently scheduled the trip over Mother's Day Weekend and that wouldn't have gone over very well.
Wow. I'll definitely check some of these things out. Thanks man.
pimp.gif

Just came back from NYC a few weeks ago. Was out there for about a week. Even saw Spike Lee on street
pimp.gif
(didnt want to bother him w/ a picture tho
ohwell.gif
)

It was my 2nd time out there, didn't do the tourist stuff and shopping this time 'round. I have some family and friends living out there so that helpsgetting around. Definitely a place I wouldn't mind living at (for a year at least).

- Bonchon
pimp.gif

- Didnt realize till I got back but NYC restaurants dont give refills on drinks (or at least the majority of ones I went too)
- I love the club/bar scene at the Lower East Side.
- Be prepared to do plenty of walking

Yeah, walking is definitely something that is appreciated and worthwhile...we did a ton of that, along w/ the Subway.

I saw Kareem leaving the lobby of my hotel as we were getting back from a early morning coffee run.

First time I was in NYC, I saw Nate Rob getting his caricature drawn by some street vendor @ Times Square.

Son was rocking Mars IVs and his whole crew was trying to stunt rocking shades at night
laugh.gif
smh.gif

I'm still a Cap'n Jack fan. I wouldn't want to be a Warrior right now either. I just hope we make a sensable trade. No Watson crap.

Back
Top Bottom