Death Penalty Vol. Do People Deserve To Die For Their Actions?

Originally Posted by frostythepoptart

professor changed my opinion on it.

how can you say killing is wrong when x does it

but its good when the government does it.

if thats the case murderers can just sign up to flip the switch or be executioners.

its all about retribution and life in jail is a great way to make it work if you can guarantee people aren't enjoying their time in the system.
Then stop looking at it as retribution.

Look at is as removing a dangerous threat from society with minimal monetary expense to society.

Originally Posted by Crumbs

Originally Posted by MrBrown

They should do 25yrs then death

best of both worlds?
It costs roughly $25,000 to keep a prisoner for a year.  That comes out to $625,000.

You REALLY don't think there's better things America could use that half milli for?

best of both worlds?
It costs roughly $25,000 to keep a prisoner for a year.  That comes out to $625,000.

You REALLY don't think there's better things America could use that half milli for?

Originally Posted by Ginzo

A raise a question for those that are fully supportive of the death penalty. I'm still on the fence.
What if....what if, the murderer no matter how sick his crime was, says that what he has done is wrong and that he is truthfully sorry for what he has done to the families of who he did harm to.
Not a BS apology, but one where the guy's crying and can't even form words.
Would you still feel that he needs to be executed?
Does everyone deserve forgiveness?
Yes
No
You want to stick you meat in some 3 year old girls mouth and think your not going to get yours you've got another thing coming.
You want to murder everyone in someones family and make the one survivor eat their dead families remains, you need to go.
You want to lead a mass genocide on people, your time has expired

Originally Posted by Ginzo

A raise a question for those that are fully supportive of the death penalty. I'm still on the fence.
What if....what if, the murderer no matter how sick his crime was, says that what he has done is wrong and that he is truthfully sorry for what he has done to the families of who he did harm to.
Not a BS apology, but one where the guy's crying and can't even form words.
Would you still feel that he needs to be executed?
Does everyone deserve forgiveness?
Yes
No
You want to stick you meat in some 3 year old girls mouth and think your not going to get yours you've got another thing coming.
You want to murder everyone in someones family and make the one survivor eat their dead families remains, you need to go.
You want to lead a mass genocide on people, your time has expired

Let em get life or a false death row to mess w/ their minds. I know the dudes on death row gotta be wonderin when that phone call is gon come to off em.

From a financial standpoint, life is a lot cheaper than the death penalty.

Let em get life or a false death row to mess w/ their minds. I know the dudes on death row gotta be wonderin when that phone call is gon come to off em.

I swear i just heard some lady in Thailand that smuggled extacy in her poon is going to get the death penalty. I thought that was outrageous.

I swear i just heard some lady in Thailand that smuggled extacy in her poon is going to get the death penalty. I thought that was outrageous.

I don't know, to be honest I feel like it depends on the person. We as humans aren't advanced enough to determine who's sorry and who's not, as well as what the correct punishment would be. We all have stances but as soon as something happens to someone close to us, emotions throw actions around.

But if we kill the murderers, doesn't that make us murderers as well? It doesn't matter the "cause", we still killed them. No use in justifying that it was what was right and we needed it done, we killed them. Like how terrorists might justify killing people as their duty, doesn't matter, they still killed them. So would we be like that as well?

I don't know, to be honest I feel like it depends on the person. We as humans aren't advanced enough to determine who's sorry and who's not, as well as what the correct punishment would be. We all have stances but as soon as something happens to someone close to us, emotions throw actions around.

But if we kill the murderers, doesn't that make us murderers as well? It doesn't matter the "cause", we still killed them. No use in justifying that it was what was right and we needed it done, we killed them. Like how terrorists might justify killing people as their duty, doesn't matter, they still killed them. So would we be like that as well?

Here's the issue with supporting the death penalty.

You then can't chastise the practices of death penalty to the middle east.

We give the certain value of the crime... How severe the crime is depends on the amount of years or amount of punishment they get.

So in the United States our severe crime that would lead to death penalty is murder. In the middle east it is murder, adultery and other crimes.

The severity of the crime is only determined by the amount of severity society gives to it..

If we think murder is warranting of the death penalty, that is fine.. But you can't say anything about it in the middle east because their society makes it that way.

In no way do I agree with what they do with stoning to death for something as petty as Adultery, I also realize that if we do the death penalty then who are we to say 1 word about what they do.

Lastly those people who are saying "an eye for an eye" come from some of the most horrific codes of laws ever created. Where they used to cut off hands for stealing (no matter if it would be stealing something worthless to stealing money)

Here's the issue with supporting the death penalty.

You then can't chastise the practices of death penalty to the middle east.

We give the certain value of the crime... How severe the crime is depends on the amount of years or amount of punishment they get.

So in the United States our severe crime that would lead to death penalty is murder. In the middle east it is murder, adultery and other crimes.

The severity of the crime is only determined by the amount of severity society gives to it..

If we think murder is warranting of the death penalty, that is fine.. But you can't say anything about it in the middle east because their society makes it that way.

In no way do I agree with what they do with stoning to death for something as petty as Adultery, I also realize that if we do the death penalty then who are we to say 1 word about what they do.

Lastly those people who are saying "an eye for an eye" come from some of the most horrific codes of laws ever created. Where they used to cut off hands for stealing (no matter if it would be stealing something worthless to stealing money)

Originally Posted by Dathbgboy

Only because of the appeals.

It costs less than $100 to kill someone by lethal injection.

No appeals =  money saved, psycho dead, open cell for someone else.

Originally Posted by Dathbgboy

Only because of the appeals.

It costs less than $100 to kill someone by lethal injection.

No appeals =  money saved, psycho dead, open cell for someone else.

Originally Posted by ItsGettinHot

best of both worlds?

Im sure some of the people know the price to house an inmate but they are soft at the same time......
a murderer that killed deserves the equal and people say that government should not decide who dies or not, can't have it all so I guess if they dont want them dead then someones got to pay.

then one can say the death penalty costs the same as housing an inmate if not MORE.... hmmmm

Originally Posted by ItsGettinHot

best of both worlds?

Im sure some of the people know the price to house an inmate but they are soft at the same time......
a murderer that killed deserves the equal and people say that government should not decide who dies or not, can't have it all so I guess if they dont want them dead then someones got to pay.

then one can say the death penalty costs the same as housing an inmate if not MORE.... hmmmm

eye for an eye leaves everyone blind.

i support the death penalty

however,i also think all of our prisons should go to single-cell, complete solitary confinement....

bids will be cut in half

and im pretty sure it helps rehabilitation

eye for an eye leaves everyone blind.

i support the death penalty

however,i also think all of our prisons should go to single-cell, complete solitary confinement....

bids will be cut in half

and im pretty sure it helps rehabilitation

Back
Top Bottom