DC Studios THREAD - GunnVerse Begins - The Penguin out 9/19 then every Sunday on MAX

Just doing what I do best. I am a unapologetic DC fanboy

maybe that's your problem.. you're satisfied with mediocrity..

transformers, x-men, TNMT and gi joe were pretty much my childhood (with a fair about of batman thrown in).. that don't mean i gotta support the crap that is getting put out in those entities names... i expect better

my being a fan doesn't obligate me to eat whatever crap they're feeding
Exactly. If you are a diehard fan of something why would you not want it to be as great as possible?

of all the comicbook movie fan groups out there, I'd assume DC of all groups would have gotten that concept..

considering going from the good: batman & batman returns

to the horrible: Schumacher batman's

to greatness: Nolan trilogy

then getting green lantern, MOS and now this

i have no idea how DC fans can be the ones who are settling, they have seen greatness... this aint like we talking x-men fans who are still happy with the crap they are getting

and then you factor in the greatness of the animated movies

Last edited:
I'm a DC fanboy too, through and through, growing up on Batman and Supes TAS, JL, JLU, Teen Titans, Static Shock, and finally in later years seeing the GOAT comic animated adaptation, Young Justice, I always preferred DC over Marvel

And then you factor in comics storylines like COIE, Wally West's adventures as Flash in the 90s, Impulse, and Geoff Johns da Gawd and his Green Lantern epic and Teen Titans rebirth, Infinite Crisis.

Then you have their animated film home runs....even the lackluster animated movies are still pretty decent.

The only thing keeping me on the fence is X-Men and Spidey, who is hands down the greatest supehero ever conceived. Magneto is likewise the greatest supervillain.

But I see the strength of the DCU where others don't, and I see so easily how the DCeU could just curbstomp the MCU with some better creative decisions.

Man just let me be the Feige for these movies man :smh: :frown:

Last edited:

transformers, x-men, TNMT and gi joe were pretty much my childhood (with a fair about of batman thrown in).. that don't mean i gotta support the crap that is getting put out in those entities names... i expect better

satisfied with mediocrity....interesting statement there buddy. Well, if you feel that way, ok. But I disagree. I don't think the DCEU films are medicore at all, but again that's just my opinion. I didn't like GL

satisfied with mediocrity....interesting statement there buddy. Well, if you feel that way, ok. But I disagree. I don't think the DCEU films are medicore at all, but again that's just my opinion. I didn't like GL
literally 2 posts before yours:

of all the comicbook movie fan groups out there, I'd assume DC of all groups would have gotten that concept..

considering going from the good: batman & batman returns

to the horrible: Schumacher batman's

to greatness: Nolan trilogy

then getting green lantern, MOS and now this

i have no idea how DC fans can be the ones who are settling, they have seen greatness... this aint like we talking x-men fans who are still happy with the crap they are getting

and then you factor in the greatness of the animated movies

Last edited:
:rofl:

When the **** did American Sniper become a comic book movie? They made a comic for that? The movie aint based off the book or real events now?

The Hangover?

Gravity?

Harry Potter?

Did you even check that list before posting it? Those are not comic book movies :lol:
Did you not see the titles highlighted in the pic??? Those are comic book movies. 
The category is box office by studio.

It's a list of WB movies.

This is what I said "Then you post a list highlighting only WB movies and how much they've grossed". You fixed nothing. That's a list of WB movies with you trying to focus on the ranking of the comic book movies.

You're not even accounting for budget and profit :smh: Mind you all that was done to try and say WB/DC has been making good decisions business wise and that's what you post.

Just doing what I do best. I am a unapologetic DC fanboy

You gotta account for the entire term of "fanboy" though. It comes with a degree of irrational bias and thinking in favor of what they're a fanboy of.

Last edited:
BATMAN V SUPERMAN: DAWN OF JUSTICE
Gal Gadot Batman V. Superman Social MediaWith a 55% drop in its 4th frame overseas, BvS has an international cume of $518M after adding $15.3M. It is now the 6th biggest superhero film of all time and the top Warner Bros movie ever in India, Indonesia, Malaysia, the Philippines and Vietnam. It has, however, dropped out of the Top 10 in China where it will not cross $100M, currently standing at $95M.

Latin America as a region crossed $100M this session making BvS the No. 2 biggest WB movie ever there with $103M. In Brazil, the weekend was $2.2M on 1,049 screens for a cume of $31.7M. The superheroes flew past Star Wars: The Force Awakens to become the local industry’s 6th biggest movie of all time.

The UK has now passed $50M with $50.5M after taking an extra $1.4M this frame on 635 screens. France added $1.45M for $19.5M total to date. Germany finished the weekend with a $17.85M cume. In Japan, the total is now $14.7M; Australia is at $21.5M and Mexico has jumped to $35M. Other key totals include Korea $16.2M; Russia $12.2M; Italy $11.9M and Spain $11M.

BATMAN V SUPERMAN: DAWN OF JUSTICE
Gal Gadot Batman V. Superman Social MediaWith a 55% drop in its 4th frame overseas, BvS has an international cume of $518M after adding $15.3M. It is now the 6th biggest superhero film of all time and the top Warner Bros movie ever in India, Indonesia, Malaysia, the Philippines and Vietnam. It has, however, dropped out of the Top 10 in China where it will not cross $100M, currently standing at $95M.

Latin America as a region crossed $100M this session making BvS the No. 2 biggest WB movie ever there with $103M. In Brazil, the weekend was $2.2M on 1,049 screens for a cume of $31.7M. The superheroes flew past Star Wars: The Force Awakens to become the local industry’s 6th biggest movie of all time.

The UK has now passed $50M with $50.5M after taking an extra $1.4M this frame on 635 screens. France added $1.45M for $19.5M total to date. Germany finished the weekend with a $17.85M cume. In Japan, the total is now $14.7M; Australia is at $21.5M and Mexico has jumped to $35M. Other key totals include Korea $16.2M; Russia $12.2M; Italy $11.9M and Spain $11M.
6th best super hero film and best warner bros movie... so marvel got all the top 5 spots? 

Listening to the soundtrack on Youtube, hands down this, MoS and the Nolan trilogy have better soundtracks than any MCU movie..

Damn shame Zimmer won't return in JL to do a theme for Darkseid :smh:

lil surprised chris pine hasn't gotten the lead in one of these CB movies.. literally only thinking hal Jordan because he plays cap kirk

Last edited:
Who's gonna voice darkseid? Love Defoe but not him

He has got to be one of the ugliest mofo in movie history

Dafoe as Brainiac? nvm just read it says he'll be a good guy... I guess I can see him as an old Alan Scott

it's like a DC and Marvel trade, Batman for Jamison & Green Goblin

Last edited:
Probably Kent Nelson.. maybe

also!

Robin Was Also a Killer in Zack Snyder's DC Cinematic Murderverse

http://io9.gizmodo.com/robin-was-also-a-killer-in-zack-snyders-dc-cinematic-mu-1771781312

In what should honestly not be a surprise to anyone who saw Batman v Superman, it turns out that Batman’s youthful sidekick Robin was also someone who preferred murdering criminals as opposed to sending them through that pesky justice system.

As discovered by Digital Spy in their perusal of the Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice Tech Manual book, the late Robin didn’t wield his traditional quarterstaff when fighting bad guys. Instead he had a giant goddamn axe. Of course.

Robin Was Also a Killer in Zack Snyder's DC Cinematic Murderverse
A halberd, to be precise: a two-handed battle-axe and spear which allows its users to both cut and pierce their enemies’ flesh. (The blade and pointy bits are kept out of shot in the images above, but that’s presumably it being held by the memorial of Robin’s vandalized uniform.) The streets of Gotham City must have been littered with the severed limbs of many a criminal before the Joker finally stopped Robin’s reign of terror.

Digital Spy also uncovered a few other, less murder-centric facts in the book, well worth checking out if you have a few minutes. Assuming Daily Planet editor-in-chief Perry White doesn’t push you in front of oncoming traffic first.

ciewm1ieabgec0jvc0pi.jpg

gwlm5wxtwymzet7aevmw.jpg

Last edited:
Who's gonna voice darkseid? Love Defoe but not him

He has got to be one of the ugliest mofo in movie history
Introducing......... Steve Buscemi

Also in reference to that article above, it doesn't really state that robin wielded a halbred. It looks like like his traditional staff with an exposed blade.  I just cant picture robin as someone who kills his enemies ( unless it was jason todd ). I always assumed that weapon his desecrated suit was holding was the weapon that killed him.  

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom