DC Studios THREAD - GunnVerse Begins - The Penguin out 9/19 then every Sunday on MAX

bvsrottentomatoedit-jpg.jpg
View media item 1999229

Your point? Exact same audience score.......
Iron Man 3 is better than BvS.

If only cuz it made sense. Bad IM story but I understood it.
I disagree.

I guess it just depends on what you go into the movie looking for.

Some people don't even really understand how much editing effects a story. I think that explains the disparity of the scores between the audience and critics.

Critics are looking at it with a much more trained eye. They're looking at the technical aspects of the movie along with the story and experience.

A lot of the general public, when rating a movie, asks themselves if they liked the movie or not.

Really depends on what you expect to take out of films in general IMO. There's really no right answer.
I'm saying BvS is that bad whether you're considering editing or entertainment value.

Now it's fine if you disagree with my opinion but for the bare minimum in understanding a story I came out IM3 liking it more compared to how I felt coming out of BvS.

As far as RT goes ppl keep looking at the critic score but the audience score is the same. All ppl ever did in trying to defend BvS in this thread when it came to the bad critics reviews was saying fans still liked it cuz it was in the 60s. Well obviously going by RT the audience still liked IM3 and much more than they did BvS.

I hate making comparisons but Marvel had at least one gem in their first 3 movies and that is widely to be ironman, which blew everyone away, DC is now relying on Suicide Squad, the most experimental movie of all to save what is already a sinking ship. I mean i'm supposed to wait for WW or JL to come out before things get rolling :rolleyes

It's almost as if people that love this movie love the fact that it was made at lower quality, with lower standards and that somehow makes it superior or at least on par with what we are being given or at least used to by now.

:stoneface:
A sinking ship you say? If that were the case then why is WB doubling down on their original plans for the DCEU, plus adding 2 additional DC movies to the slate? That doesn't sound like the actions of a company that is desperate. And lets not ignore the fact that this movie has made bank. It's not a financial failure. 
Nobody ever said WB was good at making business decisions.

NT audience score is at 60%

that's barely a D- in most grading systems 
laugh.gif

BvS critic rating is 10% lower than woverine origins 
sick.gif

Last edited:
IM3 isn't a bad movie.. it's a bad IM movie

i could see casual movie goers not being pissed off at the whole mandarin thing (and other things in the film)

like the first hour of fant4astic isn't a bad sci-fi movie.. but it is a bad f4 movie

Last edited:
Last edited:

that's barely a D- in most grading systems 
laugh.gif

BvS critic rating is 10% lower than woverine origins 
sick.gif

That tells me that the reviews have been a bit exaggerated because of hype and expectations. Has there ever been any Superhero movie as hyped as this one? I can't help but think that helps shade people's opinions a bit. There's no way it's worse than Wolverine Origins.

Daredevil has a better rating. I just can't justify that, man. I saw Daredevil in theaters.
alien.gif
sick.gif

Last edited:
IM3 isn't a bad movie.. it's a bad IM movie

i could see casual movie goers not being pissed off at the whole mandarin thing (and other things in the film)

like the first hour of fant4astic isn't a bad sci-fi movie.. but it is a bad f4 movie
Good example in this viewpoint. On point.

that's barely a D- in most grading systems :lol:

BvS critic rating is 10% lower than woverine origins :x  
That tells me that the reviews have been a bit exaggerated because of hype and expectations. Has there ever been any Superhero movie as hyped as this one? I can't help but think that helps shade people's opinions a bit. There's no way it's worse than Wolverine Origins.

Daredevil has a better rating. I just can't justify that, man. I saw Daredevil in theaters.0] :x  
Wolverine origins was terrible nonsense but it never asked to be taken seriously.

Batman v superman was terrible nonsense that does everything in its power to be taken seriously.

That's the difference.

If you set out to make a deep, dark movie for adults then you are graded at a higher standard than a silly superhero movie for kids.

Yes. Really.

Nobody said oh they're going through with Snyder on JL and acting like not much needs to be changed? Great business move.

Then you post a list highlighting only WB movies and how much they've grossed :smh: For you I guess for now on DC/WB is FOX and previously Columbia pictures status :lol: Settling for "It could be worse."

Last edited:
It's damn near 5 weeks later and you guys are still at it. :lol: :rofl:

You're just going in circles. You don't agree. Maybe it's time to move on. :nerd:

Every time I try to talk about the future of DCeU dudes want to get into it about how trash it is or go to the utmost to defend it
I feel like the hope and hype for any of that reflects it's current state.

See the FOX-Men thread. Dead unless MCU fan use that thread to hide out from MCU spoilers :lol:

Yes. Really.

Nobody said oh they're going through with Snyder on JL and acting like not much needs to be changed? Great business move.

Then you post a list highlighting only WB comic book movies and how much they've grossed
mean.gif
For you I guess for now on DC/WB is FOX and previously Columbia pictures status
laugh.gif
Settling for "It could be worse."
fixed

Last edited:
Yes. Really.

Then you post a list highlighting only WB comic book movies and how much they've grossed :smh: For you I guess for now on DC/WB is FOX and previously Columbia pictures status :lol: Settling for "It could be worse."
fixed
:rofl:

When the **** did American Sniper become a comic book movie? They made a comic for that? The movie aint based off the book or real events now?

The Hangover?

Gravity?

Harry Potter?

Did you even check that list before posting it? Those are not comic book movies :lol:

i see this movie sorta like wolverine origins.. now i don't think the movie was THAT bad.. but I'm just using it as an example

ryan Reynolds was good as deadpool in that movie.. liev Schreiber was good as sabretooth.. hell, danny Huston was good as stryker

didn't mind lynn Collins as silverfox and Asian dude was aiiright as agent zero..

movie was a just bad, doesn't mean there wasn't some good that came from it.. or could come from it

roll.gif

When the **** did American Sniper become a comic book movie? They made a comic for that? The movie aint based off the book or real events now?

The Hangover?

Gravity?

Harry Potter?

Did you even check that list before posting it? Those are not comic book movies
laugh.gif
Did you not see the titles highlighted in the pic??? Those are comic book movies. 

Just doing what I do best. I am a unapologetic DC fanboy
maybe that's your problem.. you're satisfied with mediocrity..

transformers, x-men, TNMT and gi joe were pretty much my childhood (with a fair about of batman thrown in).. that don't mean i gotta support the crap that is getting put out in those entities names... i expect better

my being a fan doesn't obligate me to eat whatever crap they're feeding

Back
Top Bottom