DC Studios THREAD - GunnVerse Begins - The Penguin out 9/19 then every Sunday on MAX

I recognize people didn't like BVS. But the extreme slander against it IMO is unwarranted. 

I think it is, They did many things in that movie, with the assumption that the audience is dumb enough to take the bait because expectations are being made. A great example of this is the head shaving of Lex at the end, there is no explanation why he needs his head shaved but because we all know and expect Lex to bald it's just done. It's almost as if they relied entirely on the history of the comics and cartoons to explain why Lex is doing what he is doing, and why bats and superman fight(kinda like skipping an origin story that we all know, only we don't know this story really)

While you provided a site that explains a lot, the fact that there is a site that is actually needed to explain all of that(if that is even true as its run by a fan) is ridiculous and speaks for itself. are there sites explaining winter soldier in that great of detail or batman begins???

DC/WB is on a very thin ice right now and it shows, from moving the date off of civil war(who has ever moved a movie that was supposed to come out in may up to march, you just move it to the next weekend or find room for it in the summer) to having a rated R cut, to having a 4 hour cut.

I was just telling my wife even though wolverine 1 was dumb or even x-men last stand at least it was a cohesive story telling. I've never gone back to movies I didn't like as I have with this one and just seen so many plot holes, non explanations and assumptions being made, especially with what is supposed to be a shared universe, that is clearly built on an incredibly shaky foundation.

I hate making comparisons but Marvel had at least one gem in their first 3 movies and that is widely to be ironman, which blew everyone away, DC is now relying on Suicide Squad, the most experimental movie of all to save what is already a sinking ship. I mean i'm supposed to wait for WW or JL to come out before things get rolling :rolleyes

It's almost as if people that love this movie love the fact that it was made at lower quality, with lower standards and that somehow makes it superior or at least on par with what we are being given or at least used to by now.

:stoneface:

Last edited:

The reasons people give for Lex hating Supes is thinner than the phone I'm using to type this post.

The reasons any version of Lex Luthor hates Superman are pretty bad regardless. Back in the Silver Age their grudge started because Superboy was involved in the accident that made Lex go bald :lol:
the original reason of "superman keeps foiling his evil plans" makes the most sense 

Agreed. Not to compare mediums again, but that's also something that Superman the Animated Series did just fine. Big Bad Luthor runs the town, legitimately and in terms of shady dealings, Superman shows up and starts ******* around with Luthor's operations, and it develops into mutual hatred on both sides. Can't really go wrong with that.

The reasons people give for Lex hating Supes is thinner than the phone I'm using to type this post.

The reasons any version of Lex Luthor hates Superman are pretty bad regardless. Back in the Silver Age their grudge started because Superboy was involved in the accident that made Lex go bald :lol:

movie would have been a million times better if they gave batman's irrational motivations to lex..

well not exactly the same.. but close enough.. then it would lead to lex being the one who built to the robot suit and was using the kryptonite against supes

Did we really want to see Eisenberg in that purple and green suit though? I was thinking about it and don't know that it would've come off too well. Had Superman wrecked Lex's building during his fight with Zod though or caused some kind of damage that affected Lex personally the basic setup certainly could've worked.

Comedy? In the current climate? :lol: :rofl:

Hell yeah comedy. I want a borderline Peewee Herman manchild flying around saving lives

:lol:

I mean they've got The Rock tied in for Black Adam and Adam's a pretty dark character. Like mass murdering dark. So I think that if they wanted to do that they would've had to pick another villain. And they easily could have in fact, because Billy Batson has some silly villains.

The general concenous was this this movie rated in the 5/10 - 8/10 range for audience goers. Check out the user reviews on RT, IMDB, etc... Yall ( along with them damn critics ) talking like this was one of the worst movies ever made. 
or we are being critical of an obviously flawed movie..

then you factor in how long this film was anticipated, seeing those guys on the big screen together.. hell for some they overlook ALOT because they get to see stuff up there for the first time in their life

speaking of MCU, don't see people getting their panties in a bunch when people are killing IM2, IM3 or any thor moive

movie would have been a million times better if they gave batman's irrational motivations to lex..

well not exactly the same.. but close enough.. then it would lead to lex being the one who built to the robot suit and was using the kryptonite against supes
Did we really want to see Eisenberg in that purple and green suit though? I was thinking about it and don't know that it would've come off too well. Had Superman wrecked Lex's building during his fight with Zod though or caused some kind of damage that affected Lex personally the basic setup certainly could've worked.
suit could have been modified, hell have lex use the info and materials he got from the ship to make his suit/army

but just was talking about story wise

or we are being critical of an obviously flawed movie..

then you factor in how long this film was anticipated, seeing those guys on the big screen together.. hell for some they overlook ALOT because they get to see stuff up there for the first time in their life

speaking of MCU, don't see people getting their panties in a bunch when people are killing IM2, IM3 or any thor moive

Thats cause Marvel does no wrong :smokin

Marvel does plenty wrong. I don't know where this revisionist history of nobody talking bad about a Marvel movie came from

Because Marvel didn't butcher their big gun movie.

When Marvel did put up a brick it wasn't something as important as Avengers.

Last edited:
When Tony Stark takes off his indestructible armor to fight an entire army in a hoody with some water balloons, it's a "cohesive story" therefore, it's acceptable.

But DC does somethin like that.......... :smh:

When Tony Stark takes off his indestructible armor to fight an entire army in a hoody with some water balloons, it's a "cohesive story" therefore, it's acceptable.

Everyone hates Iron Man 3 tho. Well at least most here.

But DC does somethin like that..........
mean.gif
DC has yet to tell a cohesive story though..

isn't the very point of making a movie to tell a story?

iron man 3 is terrible because of choices they made in the story, they made the exact movie that they wanted to make it just didn't work

batman v superman was terrible because of the complete inability to tell a coherent story and just flat out bad filmmaking

I don't know if it was as important as Avengers films, but IM3 was garbage save for like three scenes.
laugh.gif
I hate Iron Man 3 more than any movie ever made.

My hate for that movie is why I stopped arguing about this one.
Fair enough.
laugh.gif

I'm probably biased in favor of DC honestly. Marvel movies always felt like a more surface level experience.

Like, Marvel movies are fun and visually awesome, but I rarely have to think watching those movies.

Batman v Superman made me think too much, though.
laugh.gif

I'm pretty much a Batman Stan, though. Batman can do no wrong in my eyes.

I hate making comparisons but Marvel had at least one gem in their first 3 movies and that is widely to be ironman, which blew everyone away, DC is now relying on Suicide Squad, the most experimental movie of all to save what is already a sinking ship. I mean i'm supposed to wait for WW or JL to come out before things get rolling
eyes.gif

It's almost as if people that love this movie love the fact that it was made at lower quality, with lower standards and that somehow makes it superior or at least on par with what we are being given or at least used to by now.

indifferent.gif
A sinking ship you say? If that were the case then why is WB doubling down on their original plans for the DCEU, plus adding 2 additional DC movies to the slate? That doesn't sound like the actions of a company that is desperate. And lets not ignore the fact that this movie has made bank. It's not a financial failure. 

It's your opinion that this movie was made at lower quality. I happen to think otherwise. Does that somehow make me wrong? What makes your opinion any more/less valid than mine? I had no problems following the plot of this movie, had no issues with the editing, nor did I have any issue with Jesse's interpertation of Lex. 

But DC does somethin like that..........
mean.gif

Did you miss Nolan's trilogy?

Well just the first two. The third was meh.
laugh.gif

Last edited:

I hate making comparisons but Marvel had at least one gem in their first 3 movies and that is widely to be ironman, which blew everyone away, DC is now relying on Suicide Squad, the most experimental movie of all to save what is already a sinking ship. I mean i'm supposed to wait for WW or JL to come out before things get rolling
eyes.gif

indifferent.gif
A sinking ship you say? If that were the case then why is WB doubling down on their original plans for the DCEU, plus adding 2 additional DC movies to the slate? That doesn't sound like the actions of a company that is desperate. And lets not ignore the fact that this movie has made bank. It's not a financial failure. 

It's your opinion that this movie was made at lower quality. I happen to think otherwise. Does that somehow make me wrong? What makes your opinion any more/less valid than mine? I had no problems following the plot of this movie, had no issues with the editing, nor did I have any issue with Jesse's interpertation of Lex. 
We got a unicorn here, guys.
laugh.gif

For the record, I liked the movie. It wasn't great, but it wasn't as terrible as the critical response. I don't think I've heard anyone say they didn't have any issues with those things since the film dropped, though. Just surprising.
laugh.gif

Batman Begins
The Dark Knight
Man of Steel

All cohesive storytelling.

Rises probably was too, but I think it was a bit affected by losing Ledger for his role in the final film. (I can't prove that of course)

Back
Top Bottom