DC Studios THREAD - GunnVerse Begins - The Penguin out 9/19 then every Sunday on MAX

-what exactly did the guy that turned over an alien ship and an alien corpse to lex get in return, no one seems to know the answer to this. Lex gets those things and the guy gets fed a cherry jolly rancher. You can't just turn over that kinda stuff and not walk out with a billion for yourself

Due to Lex’s Africa move, there’s now an official government-sanctioned narrative of accountability.  Lex can pitch his silver bullet deterrence plan (and ask for ship access as a part of that).

If his import license is granted, that means Senator Finch is on his wavelength.  She sees the need to keep the monsters in check.  She supports his public deterrence of Superman which puts him in his place and sends a message to all the hidden metahumans to stay in theirs.  Lex is okay with this outcome.  It satisfies his motive.

If the United States Government is above Superman, holds him accountable, and finds having a weapon of assassination against him as acceptable, then he’s won.  People see Superman as the threat that he is, Superman is subjugated and not “you above all” and there is no more existential crisis.  Lex can simply stop, his plans and machinations and moves can stop here.  On the off-chance Superman starts to win back the people and the sentiment shifts, well, Lex can always steal the Kryptonite from himself and use it to kill Superman first.  Of course, that’s not what happens, Senator Finch blocks the import license later on.

In the meantime, under the narrative Lex created, it’s reasonable to ask for access to Kryptonian artifacts- the ship and Zod- to research and develop alternatives to Rocky.
http://www.manofsteelanswers.com/lex-luthor-explained/

^^ While my brain needs to be more awake to comprehend that, thanks!

I can't believe there is an entire site that goes into detail like that

^^ While my brain needs to be more awake to comprehend that, thanks!

I can't believe there is an entire site that goes into detail like that
Yea. I'm reading over his analysis of Lex right now. He brought up a few points I missed as well. 

Last edited:

1. I think that they shared the common interest of weaponizing Kryptonite/not trusting superman, but not sure. Need to watch again.

2. He hates the idea of a being being all powerful, and him not having power despite his genius intellect (basing this on his Freudian slip at the speech). Also Lex Sr. used to hit him apparently and that made him hate God. Dumb reason, but it's there

3. IDK

4. WW got a great reaction in my theater, guess it just depends on where you were at. 2nd trailer ****** that reveal up though
I understand you would need to watch it again(don't watch it again), but their convo didn't go like they were even agreeing with each other. Lex alluded to wanting the ship and body and the guy was almost scoffing at the ridiculousness at these notions, the scene itself was cut with shots of the body being delivered and and lex walking in the ship(i assume to distract the audience that there was in fact no answer my question). and even if they agreed I'm not turning over that kind of stuff to someone and not walking out the room with at least a billion dollars

laugh.gif
no answer to my head shaving question huh?
the simple answer is because the plot needed these things to happen and it looks cool on screen

basically the same "reasons" they use for everything in this pile of trash 

Jesse Eisenberg defended his character's lack of sufficient motivations to haphazard editing :lol:

Actually he called it retroactive editorial choices

One of the many criticisms levied at Batman v Superman was that Jesse Eisenberg’s Lex Luthor wasn’t all that menacing, being more Silicon Valley tech-head than Superman’s arch nemesis.

Eisenberg has remained seemingly insulated from the negative reviews, having previously said he doesn’t read reviews of his films (unlike a certain sad Ben Affleck). However, although he hasn't seen the final film, the actor has hinted 'retroactive' editing was to blame for some of his character's pursuits not making sense.

“It’s a very complicated mythology that I was able to wrap my head around while we were filming,” he told MTV. “But I think there were certain editorial choices that I was not aware of that they put in retroactively.”

Batman v Superman concept art (spoilers)
show all
Retroactive editorial choices? Eisenberg is likely referencing the hours of footage cut from the final film, with Batman v Superman’s editor having recently revealed that the original cut was over four hours long.

Likely, Lex Luthor’s role in the film will be expanded upon in Zack Snyder’s extended cut, expected to be released on DVD later this year. Much like how his cut of Watchmen expanded on many character threads hopefully his BvS cut will flesh out Luthor.

Meanwhile, the film has just crossed $825 at the global box office. JK Simmons also spoke about his role in Justice League as Commissioner Gordon.

Last edited:

the simple answer is because the plot needed these things to happen and it looks cool on screen

basically the same "reasons" they use for everything in this pile of trash 
I don't even think it did though (the plot needing it)..

that's the dumb part about it.. he could have still gone about trying to bribe senators trying to get zod's body and the ship (and still blowing up the building to get rid of ole girl who turned him down)

but considering the illegal stuff he was doing with the white Portuguese anyways, why even let anyone know he has the kryptonite.. might as well just smuggle it in, like he ended up doing anyways

Last edited:
The reasons people give for Lex hating Supes is thinner than the phone I'm using to type this post.

The reasons any version of Lex Luthor hates Superman are pretty bad regardless. Back in the Silver Age their grudge started because Superboy was involved in the accident that made Lex go bald :lol:

I'm really interested in the Shazam movie. Hope they go the comedy route

Comedy? In the current climate? :lol: :rofl:

The reasons people give for Lex hating Supes is thinner than the phone I'm using to type this post.
The reasons any version of Lex Luthor hates Superman are pretty bad regardless. Back in the Silver Age their grudge started because Superboy was involved in the accident that made Lex go bald
laugh.gif
the original reason of "superman keeps foiling his evil plans" makes the most sense 

The reasons any version of Lex Luthor hates Superman are pretty bad regardless. Back in the Silver Age their grudge started because Superboy was involved in the accident that made Lex go bald
laugh.gif
movie would have been a million times better if they gave batman's irrational motivations to lex..

well not exactly the same.. but close enough.. then it would lead to lex being the one who built to the robot suit and was using the kryptonite against supes

Well that was kinda my point. You cited RT as the reason for you thinking that this movie was trash. My point is that you can't rely on RT to prove or disprove if a movie is good or not.........

........you know what?

Last edited:
Damn. You really are ride or die for this movie. It's nice someone liked it that much.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom