DC Studios THREAD - GunnVerse Begins - The Penguin out 9/19 then every Sunday on MAX

No way WW going to make a bill. Even if there's a dramatic improvement in the way DC makes its DCEU movies. That's beyond optimism. Just unrealistic expectations.

Imagine if there's hypothetically a scene where Steve Trevor saves WW. Feminists would have a collective heart attack.

Yyyyep
To be honest, I'm hoping they have a scene like that. I love getting feminist jimmies rustled.
laugh.gif

To be realistic, WW won't make a bill; it'll be tough to even get to $500mm, tbh.

Marvel will look at WW as a template of what to do / not to do with Cap. Marvel.

Last edited:
No way WW going to make a bill. Even if there's a dramatic improvement in the way DC makes its DCEU movies. That's beyond optimism. Just unrealistic expectations.

I dunno. I think Hollywood underestimates the female market. You see no-budget chick flicks bring in $50-75 mil based solely on word-of-mouth. This is the single biggest female superhero ever, one with a wildly-popular 1970s TV show behind it, too. I think if they can keep it from being Snyder-dark, you'll see women from 10-70 years old coming out in droves to see it.

I can't see WW making a billi at the moment.

It'd have to be a DP surprise for that to happen.

Last edited:
tumblr_o5r2z1uPMT1ti7ekzo1_1280.jpg
tumblr_o5r2z1uPMT1ti7ekzo2_1280.jpg

tumblr_o5r2z1uPMT1ti7ekzo3_1280.jpg

tumblr_o5r2z1uPMT1ti7ekzo4_1280.jpg

tumblr_o5r2z1uPMT1ti7ekzo5_1280.jpg

tumblr_o5r2z1uPMT1ti7ekzo6_1280.jpg

Some of the dialogue is eh but not bad.
Don't like it. The proper course of action would have been to write out the entire fight period. Adding a couple lines of dialogue or changing the "OK I'LL STOP KILLING NOW" catalyst does nothing.

I hate screenwriting fanfiction of movies
eyes.gif

Last edited:
That would be an even worse movie though, wouldn't it?

The movie should have been Batman/Superman: Dawn of Justice.
Can't disagree with you there. Once the concept was announced as official I was posting hyped about World's Finest. Then posting in defiance when they called it BvS saying World's Finest would be better.

Now that this is out of the way perhaps a World's Finest flick is possible in the future.

Should have just copied Batman/Superman: World's Finest. That movie was great.
A mixture of this and the Superman/Batman: Public Enemies storyline would have made the perfect CBM.

Supes and Bats distrust each other initially, maybe scrap just a LITTLE BIT, and then become besties by the second act.

Eisenberg Lex pulling some shady **** in Gotham. Somehow involve Wonder Woman. Lex slandering Bats and Supes like hell and ruining their public image.

Then have all three give Lex the hands in a Kryptonian tech, green and purple battle suit.

Simple as can be.

Last edited:
That would be an even worse movie though, wouldn't it?

The movie should have been Batman/Superman: Dawn of Justice.

Should have just copied Batman/Superman: World's Finest. That movie was great.

Funnily enough it also worked in the same basic way as Dawn of Justice, as a setup for a Justice League series afterwards and proceeded by works featuring Batman and Superman respectively :lol: The basic formula clearly has the ability to work.

Last edited:

I dunno. I think Hollywood underestimates the female market. You see no-budget chick flicks bring in $50-75 mil based solely on word-of-mouth. This is the single biggest female superhero ever, one with a wildly-popular 1970s TV show behind it, too. I think if they can keep it from being Snyder-dark, you'll see women from 10-70 years old coming out in droves to see it.

To hit a bill it can't just be women watching it, doesn't matter if they get old and young women to come and see it.

Just got to be realistic about your expectations. You just had a movie come out that had Bats and Supes and WW and it might just barely make a billion. If it gets there.

As a solo movie starring a female superhero it's got to be a crazy good movie. It can't get the mixed reviews that BvS and MoS has got cuz if so it won't even be close.

Last edited:
To hit a bill it can't just be women watching it, doesn't matter if they get old and young women to come and see it.

Just got to be realistic about your expectations. You just had a movie come out that had Bats and Supes and WW and it might just barely make a billion. If it gets there.

As a solo movie starring a female superhero it's got to be a crazy good movie. It can't get the mixed reviews that BvS and MoS has got cuz if so it won't even be close.

Oh exactly, that's my point. BvS got some stink-butt reviews, but has still pulled $800m+ in 3 weeks cume. If WW pulls 80%+ positive on RT, and the Fems approve, it could be the biggest DC flick ever. If the reviews stink? Wellll... I'd be shocked to see it pull $350 mil. cume.

You're going into extremes. The likely number is somewhere in between 350 and a billion.

Lol, dude BvS had Bats and Supes and WW on screen at the same time for the first time and everyone knew it. At best it was going to do at least as much as the Avengers or more. It's worse case scenario was always going to have a high number.

I'm not saying WW can't pull numbers but she's just one superhero so expectations should be brought down from team up movie numbers to solo superhero movie realm.

Maybe the low side is 400 million plus and if it's received well 750 million. If it's astronomically well made, hitting 95 percent rt then maybe it can hit greater heights. But this is DC.. I just don't know.

Last edited:
I wonder if they go head and re-release the Rated R version in theaters before the blue ray release. That probably would get them over a billion

It should. If the percentage of ppl who claimed to like this version of the movie are telling the truth they'll probably all come out and pay to see the rated R version.

It should push them over but then you gotta account for how much money they spend on promoting the rated R version which will raise the overall amount of money they spend which pushes the bar to profit higher.

Well I liked the film, but I have no intention to go see it again just because it'll be R-rated with whatever extra content :lol: I have an AMC Stubs Reward to for $10, but i'm trying to see Jungle Book now.

Last edited:
I liked the movie but id rather buy the dvd and see the r rated version at home

Probably just gonna be extra gore like wolverine and expendables did with a few f bombs

Last edited:
I think Im Just going to see jungle book in theaters and watch this at home when it comes out on blu ray 

Back
Top Bottom