DC Studios THREAD - GunnVerse Begins - The Penguin out 9/19 then every Sunday on MAX

So bad writing is acceptable as long as the editing and storyboarding is on point.
laugh.gif

It's damn near 5 weeks later and you guys are still at it. :lol: :rofl:

You're just going in circles. You don't agree. Maybe it's time to move on. :nerd:

When Tony Stark takes off his indestructible armor to fight an entire army in a hoody with some water balloons, it's a "cohesive story" therefore, it's acceptable.

But DC does somethin like that.......... :smh:
DC has yet to tell a cohesive story though..

isn't the very point of making a movie to tell a story?

Batman Begins
The Dark Knight
Man of Steel

All cohesive storytelling.

Rises probably was too, but I think it was a bit affected by losing Ledger for his role in the final film. (I can't prove that of course)

I'm sure sea manup is just talking about since DC has tried to launch their DCEU

Green Lantern
Mos
BvS

Not looking good.

When Tony Stark takes off his indestructible armor to fight an entire army in a hoody with some water balloons, it's a "cohesive story" therefore, it's acceptable.

But DC does somethin like that.......... :smh:

That was never acceptable and IM3 has had more criticism from marvel fans than any other movie. Was your post some sort of sarcasm?

simple =/= bad

mad max had a simple plot but all character motivations were clear, the story made sense and the pacing was consistent 

So bad writing is acceptable as long as the editing and storyboarding is on point.
laugh.gif
See Oscar winning Mad Max Fury Road to further that point.
wink.gif
+1
Man, that doesn't even count. I'm almost sure no one wrote anything down when putting that film together.
laugh.gif

If BvS had a sandstorm scene like Mad Max's, I'd be yelling out Oscar too.

Mad Max was just a technical masterpiece and it won for that.

Last edited:
Jesse Eisenberg defended his character's lack of sufficient motivations to haphazard editing :lol:

Actually he called it retroactive editorial choices

This Lex Luther was rather like a wannabe Joker. I cant remember that Lex was so crazy but rather a calm but evil genius.

for the most part it was, which is why it is a way better movie than this pile of trash

I also enjoyed Men of steel. At least the narration was quite good and i really cared for Kal-el/Clark Kent.
Action was also finally what i expected.
Batman V Superman seem to me too forced with Doomsday and Wonderwoman in it.

Your point? Exact same audience score.......
Iron Man 3 is better than BvS.

If only cuz it made sense. Bad IM story but I understood it.
I disagree.

I guess it just depends on what you go into the movie looking for.

Some people don't even really understand how much editing effects a story. I think that explains the disparity of the scores between the audience and critics.

Critics are looking at it with a much more trained eye. They're looking at the technical aspects of the movie along with the story and experience.

A lot of the general public, when rating a movie, asks themselves if they liked the movie or not.

Really depends on what you expect to take out of films in general IMO. There's really no right answer.

Back
Top Bottom