DC Studios THREAD - GunnVerse Begins - The Penguin out 9/19 then every Sunday on MAX

I'm the same way, honestly.

I don't go to the movies unless it's a film like The Revenant.

I did see Superbad in theaters though, and it was great other than the dude sitting next to me alone wearing over ear headphones and verbally responding to every joke.
laugh.gif
mean.gif
wtf 
laugh.gif

but yea maybe because it feels like too much of a gamble? could be funny be then could be just stupid
Dude was like "*points at screen* That was a good one!"
laugh.gif
mean.gif

For me it's because with most comedies you'll have the same experience on a 55" HDTV as you would in theaters.
The last comedy I watched in the theater was Neighbors

For me it was worth it lol
I was shocked by how good Neighbors was. Hannibal as a police officer.
laugh.gif
mean.gif

Last edited:
I legit hate Iron Man 3 more than any movie ever made.

Actually naw 2nd behind Transformers 2.

Iron Man 3 didn't have anything blatantly racist.
Have you seen Ghost Rider, GR2, F4, Elektra, Daredevil, Hulk?

I can understand saying you hate it cuz obviously you expected more from it and you thought it was gonna be good but IM3 quality wise isn't worse than any of those movies. There's a whole other notch of movies it's also better than.
Master Zik Master Zik watch Assault on Arkham ASAP
Ended up watching this with my 2 yr old niece. This **** was dope.

So great :smokin Now I'm over here tight knowing SS probably won't be anywhere as good.

It really had just about everything you'd want from a SS and Batman movie. Was digging Deadshot and Black Spider (saw that little twist with him coming) the most. Liked how crew's name held true and they kept dropping like flies as things went on.

Only slight complaint would be I've always seen the Joker as serial killer strong and could take a lot of punishment so like most comics and animated stuff he takes a beating keeps on going but in this son had moves like an experienced warrior :lol: He should not have done the damage he did to Deadshot. Shooting Bats is one thing but damn he was holding his own and winning.
I'm surprised you hadn't seen it before. It's the main reason I'm so excited for the movie. Probably top three DC animated for me.
It got to a point I had seen all the DC animated stuff that was out and I got impatient waiting so I just decided to flip it and just wait until a whole bunch of stuff was out so I wouldn't run out again. Now everyday there's a new animated movie I can come across the first time and enjoy.
I enjoyed IM 2 more than IM 3.

IM 3 is the only movie ever where i feel i really wasted my damn money and ive seen all transformers movies in theatres
You're insane.

:lol: That or you blacked out during Transformers Dark of the Moon during that long *** never ending 3rd act "war" sequence.
So wait Superman and Wonder Woman together? Never knew this.
That's what they were trying to establish on multiple platforms when the New52 started. Ditched Lois and hooked Supes up with an amazon.

Of course now in the comics they've broken up.

Last edited:
Those transformers 3 3rd act action sequences was sleep inducing :lol:

I didn't know it was possible to fall asleep in an imax theater until that day

Transformers Age of Extinction is legit one of the worst films i've ever seen in theaters. Only saving grace is that my friend's mother had free tickets to AMC so I didn't personally pay anything, except hours of my time that i'll never get back :smh: Just an all around bad movie.

Last edited:
Transformers Age of Extinction is legit one of the worst films i've ever seen in theaters. Only saving grace is that my friend's mother had free tickets to AMC so I didn't personally pay anything, except hours of my time that i'll never get back
mean.gif
Just an all around bad movie.
Man, I paid for me and my girl to see Daredevil when I was like 16.

One of my biggest regrets.
laugh.gif

Last edited:
Any of those early movies.. X1-X3, DD, etc. I enjoyed at the time. But I think part of it was cuz I was younger and I just wanted to see superhero movies. I wonder how I'd feel watching them today.

After BvS and learning that Snyder wanted a "Seven Samurai" story, I thought they could squeeze MoS 2 inbetween JL Part 1 & 2. If Batman is forming the JL in Part 1, they could re-introduce Superman at the end. MoS 2 could parallel the timeline in JL 1 except covering Superman's return (ending would coincide with the JL 1 ending).

I'd really like to see Superman be good for a couple films before they make him a "villain." But I do like the fact that w/ Superman's death, Bruce may go back to being the classic non-killing Batman and Superman may come back as the happy superhero we all know and love. Wishful thinking I guess.

THR reports that WB now plans to produce less "homegrown" movies than usual, and put a much stronger focus on their big tentpole franchises: DC, LEGO, and Harry Potter/Fantastic Beasts - and part of that could involve some kind of shake-up where the burgeoning DCEU is concerned.

Warners maintains there has been no change in policy. "Warner Bros. has historically had the biggest, most diverse slate in the motion picture industry," says a rep in a statement. "We did last year, we will this year, and we will continue to do so into the foreseeable future." (The studio says it will release 18 movies this year and is projected to release 19 in 2017.)

^^ That's the fear all the CBM haters have :smh:

It doesn't state that they'll make less DC films though, WB as a whole might cut back on bigger budget films since Pan and Jupiter Ascending were giant flops. So far, I don't think they plan to cancel any CBMs in their plan, those are probably still their money makers since they are somewhat desperate for a new franchise.

On another hand, many people were asking for DC animated directors to be involved apparent the Flashpoint director was actually part of the team in some form:

One of Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice's most notable scenes shows the Dark Knight dreaming of a desolate future ruled by Superman and his armada. While the significance of Batman's "dream" is still a mystery, Dawn Of Justice's storyboard artist Jay Oliva (who also directed the animated Flashpoint film) surmises that this reverie indicates dark days ahead in the future of the DCEU.

"OK, you've watched The Flashpoint Paradox, my movie, right? In the DC Universe in the comics, there's this thing where – it's a little different than the Back To The Future thing where you can go back in time and change your threads and stuff − but in DC, when you go back in time, you create this kind of Time Boom kind of thing where lots of things change," he stated in a recent Hall Of Justice Podcast.

"I don't know if this is Zack's thinking, but this is mine: what if that isn't a dream sequence? What if what you saw was a Time Boom, a latent memory from the future when Flash comes back? If you look at the cut, he doesn't go to sleep. He's waiting for the [Lexcorp file decryption] and suddenly this [Knightmare sequence] comes in, and he's jogged out of it seeing his own death. And what does he see? He sees Flash. And if you're a DC fan, you know what's happening. You know that Flash going back in time, that memory is now coming back to him... mind you, it's jumbled."

Last edited:
@ 29:30 - 43:00   - talks about Batman/ JL/ DCEU

@ 1:25:18 - 1:30:40    -   talks about Suicide Squad reshoots
Listening to them throw around JL ideas made me realize that Snyder is likely going to be doing bastardized versions of everything they mentioned :lol:

^^ That's the fear all the CBM haters have :smh:

It doesn't state that they'll make less DC films though, WB as a whole might cut back on bigger budget films since Pan and Jupiter Ascending were giant flops. So far, I don't think they plan to cancel any CBMs in their plan, those are probably still their money makers since they are somewhat desperate for a new franchise.
that's not what i'm saying. The one of the main complaints of people who are against CBMs is that they're causing Studios to de-prioritize original IPs and smaller films, which is what that story seems to say WB is doing.

Ahh, gotcha. I don't think smaller budget films are going to get pushed out but those bigger big budget films that might flop might get a second look-over, which I think is good in the long run.

SJs movie fights are always a good watch every week. Love seeing Alicia Malone and hearing her accent when they have her on.

Would ******* love to be on that panel :smokin Guys are making good arguments for other possible directors too, made me want to watch Kingsman again :lol:

WB got their own Jungle Book film, hmm....

Warner Bros. Pushes 'Jungle Book' to 2018, 'Wonder Woman' Gets New Date

A Warner Bros. event film is set for 2017, while two DC films are slated for 2018 and 2019.

Warner Bros. has shifted the release dates for its upcoming films Wonder Woman and Jungle Book, plus it has dated three more currently untitled films.

Jungle Book, which will be directed by Andy Serkis, is moving back an entire year, from Oct. 6, 2017, to Oct. 19, 2018.

Warner Bros.' Jungle Book movie is one of two competing films based on the Rudyard Kipling's book of the same name. Disney's version, directed by Jon Favreau, comes out on April 15 in the U.S.

In DC cinematic universe news, Wonder Woman, which will star Gal Gadot (who made her debut in Batman v. Superman: Dawn of Justice), is moving up from June 23, 2017, to June 2, 2017.

Warner Bros. also set dates for two of its now-untitled DC films: Oct. 5, 2018, and Nov. 1, 2019. These new dates are set for yet-to-be announced films and are in addition to the already set DC films, which include Suicide Squad (August 5, 2016), The Flash (March 16, 2018), The Justice League Part One (Nov. 17, 2017), Aquaman (July 27, 2018), Shazam! (April 5, 2019), Justice League Part Two (June 14, 2019) and Cyborg (April 3, 2020)

An untitled WB event film is slated for Oct. 6, 2017.

Looks like 2018 might be a 3-film year for DC/WB. Chances those unnamed DC films are solo Batman and Superman films? Shazam? SS sequel if it's a hit?

DCEU Film Slate:
August 05, 2016 - Suicide Squad

June 02, 2017 - Wonder Woman
November 17, 2017 - Justice League Part One

March 23, 2018 - The Flash
July 27, 2018 - Aquaman
October 05, 2018 - Untitled DC Film

June 14, 2019 - Justice League Part Two
November 01, 2019 - Untitled DC Film

April 03, 2020 - Cyborg
June 19, 2020 - Green Lantern Corps

Last edited: