DC Studios THREAD - GunnVerse Begins - The Penguin out 9/19 then every Sunday on MAX

I legit hate Iron Man 3 more than any movie ever made.

Actually naw 2nd behind Transformers 2.

Iron Man 3 didn't have anything blatantly racist.

coming to america is a damn classic

ive enjoyed every iron man movie

i think the only comic book movie i didnt like was ghost rider 2

wow beverly hills cop 2, rocky iv, coming to america, and lethal weapon 2 should not be on that list...people are stupid

@Master Zik watch Assault on Arkham ASAP
Ended up watching this with my 2 yr old niece. This **** was dope.

So great :smokin Now I'm over here tight knowing SS probably won't be anywhere as good.

It really had just about everything you'd want from a SS and Batman movie. Was digging Deadshot and Black Spider (saw that little twist with him coming) the most. Liked how crew's name held true and they kept dropping like flies as things went on.

Only slight complaint would be I've always seen the Joker as serial killer strong and could take a lot of punishment so like most comics and animated stuff he takes a beating keeps on going but in this son had moves like an experienced warrior :lol: He should not have done the damage he did to Deadshot. Shooting Bats is one thing but damn he was holding his own and winning.
I'm surprised you hadn't seen it before. It's the main reason I'm so excited for the movie. Probably top three DC animated for me.

I enjoyed IM 2 more than IM 3.

IM 3 is the only movie ever where i feel i really wasted my damn money and ive seen all transformers movies in theatres

I don't see Iron Man 2 or 3 so list is invalid

Absolutely true. I hate Transformers so yeah I agree with the first 3, but Coming to America is the greatest movie of all time. Action, Comedy, Romance, etc. Ain't nothing topping that.

Da hell, Coming to America is my favorite movie of all time.

Hollywood Will keep ****in' on Mel Gibson for that Passion of the Christ :lol:

Last edited:
Lol I liked Coming to America but I can see why it would be critically blasted.

The main chick in that movie :wow:

Her sister :evil:

The only movie I know that features Queens Blvd that prominently. That McDowell's was a Wendy's where I spent most of my childhood eating at.

I always get some kind of nostalgia watching that movie just based on how closely they filmed to where I grew up and how they depicted Queens.

Haven't been to that Wendy's in years. Probably will never eat there again :lol:

Last edited:
Realized I didn't have Coming to America on DVD (And that I lost tthe VHS years ago) and just ordered one :smokin

I feel like pure comedies get treated unfairly. It's almost as if to make a critically acclaimed movie there has to be some sort of drama involved. Period pieces, biopics always get held in higher regard than comedy for some reason.

The fact that Grandmas Boy has a 16% on Rotten Tomatoes is a travesty.:smh:

:lol:

I feel like pure comedies get treated unfairly. It's almost as if to make a critically acclaimed movie there has to be some sort of drama involved. Period pieces, biopics always get held in higher regard than comedy for some reason.

Oh absolutely. Some genres just aren't considered to be as...important(?) as others. Also think part of it has to do with the material that's being covered. For example, no one's about to trash Schindler's List (Not that it deserves trashing. Film was phenomonal) or Boy in the Striped Pajama's considering the plots. In comparison, comedies are just jokes.

My girl made me watch The Boy in The Striped Pajamas, and I had no clue what I was getting into.
frown.gif
mean.gif

Fair point. I just think it comes off as the reviewers thinking it's easy to make a good comedy. Also, a lot of the time, the people reviewing these comedies are way beyond understanding or finding humor in **** jokes. **** jokes give me just as much of a emotional response as a movie like Schindler's List, just on the opposite end of the spectrum. Making someone laugh and making someone cry through visual media are pretty much the same thing to me regardless of how elaborate the plot is IMO.

Don't get me wrong, though...lowbrow comedy is lowbrow comedy, but man there are some smart comedies that don't really get the respect or the appreciation from the reviewers and critics as they should.

Last edited:
My girl made me watch The Boy in The Striped Pajamas, and I had no clue what I was getting into.:frown: :smh:

Fair point. I just think it comes off as the reviewers thinking it's easy to make a good comedy. Also, a lot of the time, the people reviewing these comedies are way beyond understanding or finding humor in **** jokes. **** jokes give me just as much of a emotional response as a movie like Schindler's List, just on the opposite end of the spectrum. Making someone laugh and making someone cry through visual media are pretty much the same thing to me regardless of how elaborate the plot is IMO.

Don't get me wrong, though...lowbrow comedy is lowbrow comedy, but man there are some smart comedies that don't really get the respect or the appreciation from the reviewers and critics as they should.

Agreed.

That ending to Boy in the Striped Pajamas though :smh: European history teacher back in high school had us watching that and set us up to go home depressed. Never gonna get over that.

Last edited:
^^^

That reminds me of my 9th grade history teacher making us watch Hotel Rwanda in class...I wasn't ready 
mean.gif
tired.gif

That's just the way it is, I feel

But it's a two edged sword

People are always more forgiving of comedies

If you're going to be super serious with it, you better have your crap together in preparation for people looking at the movie with more of a critical eye

A bad movie that's a comedy is going to get more passes than a bad movie that's super serious

Last edited:

The fact that Grandmas Boy has a 16% on Rotten Tomatoes is a travesty.
mean.gif

laugh.gif
cant bring myself to pay to watch a comedy movie in theatres idk why

I'm the same way, honestly.

I don't go to the movies unless it's a film like The Revenant.

I did see Superbad in theaters though, and it was great other than the dude sitting next to me alone wearing over ear headphones and verbally responding to every joke.
laugh.gif
mean.gif

I'm the same way, honestly.

I don't go to the movies unless it's a film like The Revenant.

I did see Superbad in theaters though, and it was great other than the dude sitting next to me alone wearing over ear headphones and verbally responding to every joke.
laugh.gif
mean.gif
wtf 
laugh.gif

but yea maybe because it feels like too much of a gamble? could be funny be then could be just stupid

Back
Top Bottom