DC Studios THREAD - GunnVerse Begins - The Penguin out 9/19 then every Sunday on MAX

You don't owe the world anything=**** the world now? Ok. :rolleyes
???

Distinction without a difference.

Its basically the equivalent of Uncle Ben telling spider man with his dying breath "**** responsibility".:lol:

Telling your child he can be or do whatever he wants=**** responsibility? :rolleyes ok.
Yes.

The very basis for Peter Parker being Spider-Man is him recognizing that if he has the power to save other he has the responsibility to do so and if he doesn't ppl get hurt, ppl die. If Aunt May came around and said you can be w/e you want knowing he had these powers it'd be implying that he doesn't have to save ppl with his powers. He can go be an ice cream truck driver, all those ppl you could've saved are trumped by what you want to do.

The message by the Kent's in these 2 movies have been consistently bull **** and offensive to the creation of Ma and Pa Kent.

No. There's no implication. No **** anyone else. The statement only means what Martha actually says. Be their hero, be their angel, be whatever they want you to be. Or be none of it. It's the fact that Superman then chooses to be their hero that makes him great and the same applies to Peter Parker, and most heroes for that matter. They literally don't owe anybody anything, yet choose to risk their lives for people time and again. Peter chooses to save people because he see's it as his responsibility to do so. And Superman then does the same thing. All Martha's words do is acknowledge that he has a choice in the matter.
Again the message is clear. **** those ppl if you don't want to be their hero.

She's straight up telling him it's an option. That's bull ****. Acknowledging that he has a choice in the matter is by default saying you have the choice to say **** all these ppl ignore them and go do something else. That's bogus as ****. Hiding behind that's what any parent would do is nonsensical.

With Peter Parker that'd be a no. He gets his powers, shows off and tries to make money with it. Doesn't do the right thing when he can and gets racked with guilt with his father figure's death. For him it's not a I don't owe you anything. That's not what this is about and as a hero if you see it that way you're not really a hero. It's doing what's right with the means you have. Peter Parker actually believes that it is his responsibility to be a hero because of the powers he got.

???

Its basically the equivalent of Uncle Ben telling spider man with his dying breath "**** responsibility".:lol:

Telling your child he can be or do whatever he wants=**** responsibility? :rolleyes ok.
Yes.

The very basis for Peter Parker being Spider-Man is him recognizing that if he has the power to save other he has the responsibility to do so and if he doesn't ppl get hurt, ppl die. If Aunt May came around and said you can be w/e you want knowing he had these powers it'd be implying that he doesn't have to save ppl with his powers. He can go be an ice cream truck driver, all those ppl you could've saved are trumped by what you want to do.

The message by the Kent's in these 2 movies have been consistently bull **** and offensive to the creation of Ma and Pa Kent.

No. There's no implication. No **** anyone else. The statement only means what Martha actually says. Be their hero, be their angel, be whatever they want you to be. Or be none of it. It's the fact that Superman then chooses to be their hero that makes him great and the same applies to Peter Parker, and most heroes for that matter. They literally don't owe anybody anything, yet choose to risk their lives for people time and again. Peter chooses to save people because he see's it as his responsibility to do so. And Superman then does the same thing. All Martha's words do is acknowledge that he has a choice in the matter.
She's straight up telling him it's an option. That's bull ****. .

No it's not :lol: Because he does have an option. So does Pete for that matter. He, Superman, and numerous others just come ot the conclusion that they have the gifts they do for a reason, which is to aid humanity. Doesn't change the fact that they have the option not to.

???

Yes.

No it's not :lol: Because he does have an option. So does Pete for that matter. He, Superman, and numerous others just come ot the conclusion that they have the gifts they do for a reason, which is to aid humanity. Doesn't change the fact that they have the option not to.
Bruh, this is like if you see an old lady that just fell and your mom telling you well you can go and help that lady or you can not.

Bringing up you have an option under those circumstances is completely bogus.

You seem to be missing what I'm saying. I'm not saying an option doesn't exist. I'm saying a parent telling you that you can be their hero or not is them telling you hey you could deal with all these problems or **** em. That is what is implied especially in the context she said after what just happened in the movie.

That flies in the face of the 30 years or so of how we've seen the Kent's raise Clark in all other media from comics to cartoons. They raised him to be a man that does the right thing (even if it'll be hard or hurt him). Not a man that does the right thing for him.

Last edited:
???

Yes.

Bruh, this is like if you see an old lady that just fell and your mom telling you well you can go and help that lady or you can not.

You seem to be missing what I'm saying. I'm not saying an option doesn't exist. I'm saying a parent telling you that you can be their hero or not is them telling you hey you could deal with all these problems or **** em. That is what is implied especially in the context she said after what just happened in the movie.

That flies in the face of the 30 years or so of how we've seen the Kent's raise Clark in all other media from comics to cartoons. They raised him to be a man that does the right thing. Not a man that does the right thing for him.

She'd be absolutely right. I don't have to go help that old lady if I don't want to.

See what you're saying about the **** them part though. So agreed/

They still raised Clark to be a man that does the right thing, hence him choosing to do the right thing :lol: And she's not saying do this because you owe them. She's saying choose to do whatever you want. And he then chooses to decide that he has a responsibility to behave in a certain manner that includes saving people.

These discussions has made me miss Sunshine :rofl:

And that Blastercombo dude was a DC fanboy, right? No one knows what happened to him lol

we really don't know what marvel is going to do with Spider-man though.. we know he's showing up in CW

but we don't know to what degree.. we have no idea if we're going to see uncle ben get killed again or another version of the "with great power comes great responsibility" speech

I'm like 99.9 percent sure they're skipping anything that has to do with his origins

@Master Zik

I don't think you're factoring in the political element of things.. where you have politicians grand standing.. or what I assumed went down in the desert where the warlords or corrupt government folks went after the people for the attack

just adding that realistic element where, even if you do the right thing, you cant please everyone.. you don't have that ability to be everywhere at once and save everyone from everything

that simple scene with clark is watching the news and the way he is being criticized was one of the best elements of the film.. he is doing everything he can and still get killed.. his mother has to step in and tell him he isn't the grand solution for all the world's problems.. so he cant take all that crap to heart  

Last edited:
???

Yes.

That flies in the face of the 30 years or so of how we've seen the Kent's raise Clark in all other media from comics to cartoons. They raised him to be a man that does the right thing. Not a man that does the right thing for him.

She'd be absolutely right.
:rofl: This is not some semantics thing I'm discussing.

Is she right that he has an option? Yes. In a logical sense yes there is an option.

Is she right for telling him he has an option under those circumstances? That's bull **** to even consider. She should've told Clark to sack up.

I don't have to go help that old lady if I don't want to.

They still raised Clark to be a man that does the right thing, hence him choosing to do the right thing :lol: And she's not saying do this because you owe them. She's saying choose to do whatever you want. And he then chooses to decide that he has a responsibility to behave in a certain manner that includes saving people.
I'm not talking about Clark Kent Superman here.

I'm talking about **** em all Martha Kent. The Kent's are ******* corrupted in this universe. ******* cynical and pessimistic as all hell and then I'm getting told by some that it's realistic and grounded.

Again this is why this movie really doesn't have a damn thing to do with what Superman represents.

The point of supermans parents is that they are humans who are given the responsibility of raising a god.

What makes them great is that they realize that they can't raise this kid like they would a normal child, they have to instil upon him that with this power he can help the world in great ways. You are special and have extraordinary gifts so go out and be a symbol of hope for humanity. Same with uncle Ben, people with great power can't just mess around and do whatever they want in life, they have the responsibility to use those powers to help people.

"Should I have just let them die" "maybe"

"You don't owe the world anything"

Is a complete misunderstanding of the role of Clarks parents.

???

Yes.

She'd be absolutely right.
:rofl: This is not some semantics thing I'm discussing.

Is she right that he has an option? Yes. In a logical sense yes there is an option.

Is she right for telling him he has an option under those circumstances? That's bull **** to even consider. She should've told Clark to sack up.

I don't have to go help that old lady if I don't want to.

I'm not talking about Clark Kent Superman here.

I'm talking about **** em all Martha Kent. The Kent's are ******* corrupted in this universe. ******* cynical and pessimistic as all hell and then I'm getting told by some that it's realistic and grounded.

Again this is why this movie really doesn't have a damn thing to do with what Superman represents.

It's not ******** for a person to consider or for her to say. I prefer seeing heroes consider crap like that or at least have it acknowledged somewhere within the story.

There's nothing wrong with Martha Kent saying that or her potrayal in this verse. I'm good with it. :smokin Told her son exactly what a mother should.

Agree on both Kents being cynical though. But then that's the world the DCEU is.

Last edited:
I think sunshine got banned for the fat shaming stuff he was spamming the MCU thread with :lol:

He went like 3 pages calling random chicks 'whales'

There's nothing wrong with Martha Kent saying that or her potrayal in this verse. I'm good with it. :smokin Told her son exactly what a mother should.

And if Clark had decided the **** it option the world would've been ******

Great job, Martha :lol:

Uncle Ben, Aunt May >>>>>>>>>>>Martha Kent

Last edited:

And if Clark had decided the **** it option the world would've been ******

Great job, Martha :lol:

That would've reflected on how they'd raised him. And in that case I don't think he would've started saving people as Superman at all.

Martha hit that home run however and her boy made the good choice. :smokin

Last edited:
They way people think being overly optimistic is not how you can write a character in "the real world" is the saddest most nonsensical load of BS ever.

I took that statement of the context of what was happening in the film..

you just had the senate bombing.. you just had the news questioning if superman knew anything..

the whole senate hearing was asking the question where and when superman should intervene and who he should be answerable to

for me it was his mother conveying the simple point that he cant please everyone and there will always be BS, no matter how much good you do

@Master Zik

I don't think you're factoring in the political element of things.. where you have politicians grand standing.. or what I assumed went down in the desert where the warlords or corrupt government folks went after the people for the attack

just adding that realistic element where, even if you do the right thing, you cant please everyone.. you don't have that ability to be everywhere at once and save everyone from everything

that simple scene with clark watching the news and the way he is being criticized was on of the best elements of the film.. he is doing everything he can and still get killed.. his mother has to step in and tell him he isn't the grand solution for all the world's problems.. so he cant take all that crap to heart  
The political element of things were completely wasted in this movie though. Literally blown away. Some of the interesting things set up we never got to see go down.

There's show and don't tell but this was a time for Supes to tell.

You let Superman speak at least before you kill those ppl. That'd address all the political grandstanding and sensationalist media. Of course this would have to be a Superman that is confident in who he is and what he's doing.

Of course you can't please everyone, I had no problem with the some ppl worship him and other ppl speak up against him especially with some of his actions - as far as I'm concerned Supes killed that dude in North Africa and he only went there to save Lois anyway - but to me his mom did not tell him brush the dirt of your shoulder, haters gonna hate, she said hey you can still bail you know? **** em.

It's not ******** for a person to consider or for her to say. I prefer seeing heroes consider crap like that or at least have it acknowledged somewhere within the story.

Agree on both Kents being cynical though. But then that's the world the DCEU is.
It is to me man, it is to me.

Too cynical.

It's crazy too cuz ppl like to say they watch these movies for escapism (something I disagree with that movies HAVE to be) but now it's reversed and ppl are praising the "realism".

Last edited:
I took that statement of the context of what was happening in the film..

you just had the senate bombing.. you just had the news questioning if superman knew anything..

the whole senate hearing was asking the question where and when superman should intervene and who he should be answerable to

for me it was his mother conveying the simple point that he cant please everyone and there will always be BS, no matter how much good you do

What you said right here is better than anything Martha told him in that movie

However, her talk with Clark was before the senate bombing. Not after.

The point of supermans parents is that they are humans who are given the responsibility of raising a god.

What makes them great is that they realize that they can't raise this kid like they would a normal child, they have to instil upon him that with this power he can help the world in great ways. You are special and have extraordinary gifts so go out and be a symbol of hope for humanity. Same with uncle Ben, people with great power can't just mess around and do whatever they want in life, they have the responsibility to use those powers to help people.

"Should I have just let them die" "maybe"

"You don't owe the world anything"

Is a complete misunderstanding of the role of Clarks parents.
Imagine if there were verses in the bible of Mary and Joseph telling Jesus in his teenage years

"Should I have let those lepers die?" "Maybe"

"You don't owe those Jews anything Jesus. You don't have to forgive anyone's sins."

We'd be living in a much darker world if ppl could run with those passages.

It is to me man, it is to me.

Too cynical.

The DCEU is a cynical world man. :lol: **** you've got Batman killing however many people and suffering what resembles PTSD.

Its cool with me though.

Then again, i'm also a major fan of Injustice.

Last edited:
However, her talk with Clark was before the senate bombing. Not after.
you're right..

it was just after that scene with him looking disappointed after seeing the news.. also had the scene with him telling lois he didn't want to hear about what was being said

Last edited:
:lol: "You don't owe the world anything" is now this dark, sad, cynical statement?

Superman should be Superman because he wants to. Not because he feels like he NEEDS to be that person. Without the pressure, he still chooses to be the hero. That's a way better message than an unsure Superman being pushed into it by his parents.

What's wrong with letting your son choose his own path?

Gotta give it to DC for having good business sense. Open up the movie at all major markets at once and time it at the beginning of Easter

Back
Top Bottom