DC Studios THREAD - GunnVerse Begins - The Penguin out 9/19 then every Sunday on MAX

Meh. If dude was holding a gun to my girls head I'm throwing his *** through hella walls too. That part of the movie is the least of my concerns...

the thing that bothered me with this, was how shocked lois was when ole boy told her superman was being set up

"how did they know superman would be ther...."

bish cant be that dumb

I guess the majority of the audience is. There was no reference in the movie (at least from what I can recall) that it was public knowledge that this godly dude was dating her.

Meh. If dude was holding a gun to my girls head I'm throwing his *** through hella walls too. That part of the movie is the least of my concerns...
the thing that bothered me with this, was how shocked lois was when ole boy told her superman was being set up

bish cant be that dumb
I guess the majority of the audience is. There was no reference in the movie (at least from what I can recall) that it was public knowledge that this godly dude was dating her.
did I ever say anything about them dating..

someone must have figured out that every time she is in trouble superman shows up

hell as soon as she goes to ask the question, she all of a sudden figures it out

Originally Posted by EvansST  

bish cant be that dumb

someone must have figured out that every time she is in trouble superman shows up

hell as soon as she goes to ask the question, she all of a sudden figures it out
One of the bigger issues DC/WB are going to have later down the line is how Lex knows who Bat/Supes is...I'm not entirely sure if they thought this out all the way yet 
laugh.gif

It makes sense for Lex to figure it out though. Lois writes that "leaked" article in MoS then drops it. The government knows Supes has some type of connection to Lois because he said she's the only person he'll talk to...or something like that...they don't really keep it under wraps very well...

I'm not sure they actually acknowledged that Lex know who Bats is or else he would have called him Bruce when Bats visited him in prison.

Supes might be easier, Lex had access to the Krypton ship that gave him access to a lot of information and probably where he found out about Darkseid.

Last edited:
I don't know. Some stuff in the comics and cartoons don't translate well in live action.

There will still be division and not a general consensus..
if they wanted to do a JL set up they could have easily done this movie.. which serves as a lovely intro of all of the characters to one another.. and even has a cyborg origin story thrown in

and it could build up to multiple movies

I'm not sure they actually acknowledged that Lex know who Bats is or else he would have called him Bruce when Bats visited him in prison.

Supes might be easier, Lex had access to the Krypton ship that gave him access to a lot of information and probably where he found out about Darkseid.
there is only one reason for anyone on earth to recognise the significance of bruce wayne talking to clark kent.

lex clearly knew who batman was

it makes no sense and is terrible writing but that's just the way it is. 

Originally Posted by sea manup  

Originally Posted by RFX45  

Supes might be easier, Lex had access to the Krypton ship that gave him access to a lot of information and probably where he found out about Darkseid.Originally Posted by RFX45  

there is only one reason for anyone on earth to recognise the significance of bruce wayne talking to clark kent.

lex clearly knew who batman was

it makes no sense and is terrible writing but that's just the way it is. 
It definitely left it open for interpretation whether Lex knows who Bats is...but if he didn't know who Bats was, why would Lex send him those letters in the mail about "You let your family die" and the "bounce back" checks to dude in the wheel chair?

True, but was it widely known that they dated or he saved her every time? I can see if the movie implied that I see your point.

That didn't damper the film for me at least.

Last edited:
True, but was it widely known that they dated or he saved her every time? I can see if the movie implied that I see your point.

That didn't damper the film for me at least.
lex says so before he pushes her off of the building..

the quickest way to get supes attention is

Last edited:
I don't know. Some stuff in the comics and cartoons don't translate well in live action.

if they wanted to do a JL set up they could have easily done this movie.. which serves as a lovely intro of all of the characters to one another.. and even has a cyborg origin story thrown in

View media item 1972240

On paper it seems easy but WB would mess it up some way.

View media item 1972240

On the fence. Like War as a film, but I still think there's a bigger payoff to be had of going the MCU route of multiple solo films first, before the big teamup.

War>BvS though.

On the fence. Like War as a film, but I still think there's a bigger payoff to be had of going the MCU route of multiple solo films first, before the big teamup.

War>BvS though.
I completely agree.. and I've said as much before

since MOS was already done.. they should have gone with a WW origin film first.. then you go with flash.. maybe do aquaman

there is no need for a batman origin since it has already been done numerous times (so you could tell a straight batman story).. cyborg origin you tell in the JL film like with War

but they need people invested in their Universe so they have to play it smart and deliver.. so they could release say a martian manhunter film and people go see just because it's a DCU film (like with antman and GOTG)

Last edited:
On paper it seems easy but WB would mess it up some way.

but juggling 'the dark knight returns' (which was done in two animated movies) AND 'death of superman' was done properly?

Nah there were mad flaws but I loved it. There was so many great scenes in it that suppress the negative aspects.

I was never expecting a great structural plot so my expectations were very very low. I knew that Synder wouldn't deliver with a coherent story after MOS. MOS was a good movie after the second viewing because reduced my expectations.

War>BvS though.

I completely agree.. and I've said as much before

since MOS was already done.. they should have gone with a WW origin film first.. then you go with flash.. maybe do aquaman

there is no need for a batman origin since it has already been done numerous times (so you could tell a straight batman story).. cyborg origin you tell in the JL film like with War

but they need people invested in their Universe so they have to play it smart and deliver.. so they could release say a martian manhunter film and people go see just because it's a DCU film (like with antman and GOTG)

I like the route that WB is going though. It's going to take over a decade to see Thanos in action. I like that I get to see Darkseid in much less time.

^I like that you're not in charge of Marvel then. You'd skip all the solo movies in favor of getting to the ultimate bad guy in one movie :lol:

^I like that you're not in charge of Marvel then. You'd skip all the solo movies in favor of getting to the ultimate bad guy in one movie :lol:

If Marvel never did solo films then I would agree solo films are needed first. It's been done to death and there are more interesting ways to introduce a character. They can come later. Batfleck's particular Batman didn't initially come with a solo film. After BVS I'm WAY more interested in his own movies because I want to find out how he became that version of batman.

DC's plan is great but the execution of it may not live up to expectations.

Last edited:
actually batman's origins have been done to death, but they still felt the need to do it AGAIN in this movie..

maybe they should focus on the origin stories which haven't been done on film yet, as I suggested

get people invested in their characters and trust in what they are doing with them, then they can go blind into a movie based on trust (as audiences did with marvel and antman and GOTG.. and will do when marvel brings on dr. strange, inhumans and captain marvel.. hell even black panther, who would have been in CW)

Just came back from watching it and I loved it. It was perfect to me. Goes to show you shouldn't trust critics at all. Grace Randolph had a good rant as to why critics bashed it.
Ben Affleck is Batman. Gal Gadot was perfect casting as WW. I didnt mind Eisenberg at all. Even Kavill wasnt bad. Movie didnt even feel long to me.
I have faith in all the upcoming DC movies except Aquaman. Im still not sure its possible to make a cool Aquaman movie.
Im guessing its true though that you gotta be a fan to fully appreciate the movie, and that someone coming in not knowing anything would dislike it.

Last edited:
actually batman's origins have been done to death, but they still felt the need to do it AGAIN in this movie..

maybe they should focus on the origin stories which haven't been done on film yet, as I suggested

They didn't do Batman origins in this film, it's just the opening credits. And it's actually not even an origin because they didn't show him training and becoming Batman, just Bruces parents dying and it served the purpose so they could use Martha later on. Yeah plenty here hates that reason be become BFFs but it served a purpose, it's not a just a throwaway scene.

They didn't do Batman origins in this film, it's just the opening credits. And it's actually not even an origin because they didn't show him training and becoming Batman, just Bruces parents dying and it served the purpose so they could use Martha later on. Yeah plenty here hates that reason be become BFFs but it served a purpose, it's not a just a throwaway scene.
all they needed to show was the grave to accomplish what they did

Batman is one of the most well known characters in all of comic verse. He's a prime example of someone who doesn't need a solo movie before a team up. Way to use him as an example, Evanst :lol:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom