DC Studios THREAD - GunnVerse Begins - The Penguin out 9/19 then every Sunday on MAX

thing is they even double down on that scene not making any sense at all since it leads batman to a trap

like somehow joker knew batman would be able to use magic to get a finger print off a bullet 

Last edited:
someone please explain how Batman got the prints off that brick pls

He took a brick with a bullet inside.

He then shot diff rounds into bricks to "match up" as close as possible so he could 3D scan the fragments and reverse engineer how they shatter on impact. Like a map, kinda.

Then reverse the frags on the brick from the scene, and it shows the oils/prints from when the bullets were loaded into the clip. (Theoretically, fingers pushing the back in, fingers gripped on bullet tip, not casing.)

Kind of related but I just found out about the "Joker is a returning war veteran with severe PTSD" theory and I'm 100% behind it :lol:

Basically me to all the DC easter eggs

When they had Perry White tell Clark it's not 1938, real journalism doesn't matter :lol: :smh:

I was like the only guy to catch it in the audience though. They had some blatant stuff like that peppered throughout. I know that's Goyer.

Last edited:
^I actually really enjoy stuff like that. Things that only certain types of fans are going to catch. :D

I don't recall Nolan's Batman doing any Batman detective work.

He had Fox just give him tech, toys, and suits to get w/e he wanted. There was never any mystery in the 3 movies. He aint even realize ol girl was Talia Al Ghul in TDKR.

They made it seem like he was so rich and good at fighting that was all that needed to tackle the specific kind of crime in Gotham.

Bullet bit from Dark Knight. There are other off-screen things, like tracking the mob, lifting Selina's prints and searching her history, etc.

But no live action Batman is really portrayed as "The World's Greatest Detective".
That's what I want.

I admittedly forgot about the brick and bullet stuff.

^I actually really enjoy stuff like that. Things that only certain types of fans are going to catch. :D
I laughed at it. Didn't dislike it but it stuck out as a corny head nod.

Last edited:
it happens in arrow and the flash tv shows all the time, blatantly lazy "detective work". basically you get item from crime, give to tech person or scan it on a computer, then beep boop beep, now you have all the answers you want. 

the only example of actual detective work in a dc movie was when lois found out about clark in MoS 

jessica jones too

tony figuring out the map of the world fair and creating a new element is kind of detective work too. at least it shows him doing multiple things to get to the end result 

If you want some detective work go watch season 2 of Daredevil.
Yeah with other stuff sure but I kinda feel the General being Blacksmith was just revealed for plot reasons :lol:

I re-watched it and they didn't show a clear connection to why a General decided to become a crime boss in NYC. Plus they never revealed how his operation was undetectable more so than the Hand or Madame Gao or Kingpin's multiple ally operation.

I was hype for a sec not having a clue who the person was. It literally reached Keyser Soze mystery levels but it was too good to be true :lol:

Last edited:
the blatant spoilers in the DC thread 
roll.gif

it would be a huge mistake if the DCU is in the same universe where slade wilson is the biggest simp of all time and barry allen leads the league in Ls 

Been saying this from the start. Would require massive changes on both sides though, as they would've had to compensate for various characters already existing or already being planned for use.

If you want some detective work go watch season 2 of Daredevil.
Yeah with other stuff sure but I kinda feel the General being Blacksmith was just revealed for plot reasons :lol:

I re-watched it and they didn't show a clear connection to why a General decided to become a crime boss in NYC. Plus they never revealed how his operation was undetectable more so than the Hand or Madame Gao or Kingpin's multiple ally operation.

I was hype for a sec not having a clue who the person was. It literally reached Keyser Soze mystery levels but it was too good to be true :lol:

I'd actually forgotten about him entirely and was talking about everything else dealing with Frank, but he is a part of Frank's story so he counts :lol: I didn't see the General being Blacksmith until like right before Karen realized it.

To all those who didn't like this movie and felt that the editing and pace were all over the place: once the ultimate cut comes out and if the movie is more cohesive ( or even a great film like you wanted) would your faith in Zack Snyder be restored or would it still be nonexistent? The reason I ask is because this deleted that just released today gives me reason to think that this ultimate cut will make the film flow better. I think the editing was in WB's hands instead of snyders
Nonexistent. The most important task the studio has at the end of the day is to release the best version of the film (in their opinion). That collectively falls on the director, producers, and editor(to a reasonable extent).

Snyder is to blame if he thinks as is the movie is cohesive and comprehensive. Like he watched in the editing room or got a cut and said yeah that all works from the first act to the last act.

I can't get in to the extended cut is better cuz the original wasn't good. Extended and director's cuts are worth watching for good movies; Apocalypse Now Redux is a great example.

Yall would have to tell me this movie became a classic with the ultimate cut to give another chance and even then I'd lack faith in a dumbass who cut his movie down to the point it went from classic to bad.

I kind of feel like after CW, regardless of how good it is, the atmosphere for CBMs will change.

I was just talking to a coworker who told me he was straight up tired of superheroes and it got me thinking ...

CW represents the ultimate culmination of the MCU so it will flourish, but I have doubts about IW in 2018--they dragged the Thanos/infinity stones thing about 4 years too long IMO, and I feel like the atmosphere will be very different then.

I am actually curious if CW being a Captain America film be affected box office wise? Because you call it Avengers: Civil War and it'll probably be guaranteed $1.5B. It's guaranteed that it'll make a billion but I can't help but think that they could make more if it was titled as an Avengers film. I remember when the trailer for CW first came out, some on the MCU thread were saying that people in the theaters were surprised that there was another "avengers" film coming out.
I think they'll call it that for the China premiere :lol:

jessica jones too

tony figuring out the map of the world fair and creating a new element is kind of detective work too. at least it shows him doing multiple things to get to the end result 
not trolling here... but some of Iron Man 2 really wasn't all that bad

My ending: Instead of 1 Doomsday Lex has an whOle army of Doomsday clones to fight with. And instead of a small amount of krptonitie Batman has a whole bat-load of kryptonite arsenal to battle with in his armored suit. An all out Avengers/Transformers style battle ensues and the trinity is about to be destroyed. Then out of nowhere Aquaman jumps out of the ocean riding a giant great white shark and drags the last Doomsday creature into the ocean Jurassic World style. Superman asks what was that? Batman says I don't know. Theme music plays. The End.

My ending: Instead of 1 Doomsday Lex has an whOle army of Doomsday clones to fight with. And instead of a small amount of krptonitie Batman has a whole bat-load of kryptonite arsenal to battle with in his armored suit. An all out Avengers/Transformers style battle ensues and the trinity is about to be destroyed. Then out of nowhere Aquaman jumps out of the ocean riding a giant great white shark and drags the last Doomsday creature into the ocean Jurassic World style. Superman asks what was that? Batman says I don't know. Theme music plays. The End.
when does dom toretto show up?

Tbh when Amy Adams went back to the BvS fight area to look for that spear I was expecting aquaman to pop up and hand it to her

Or even come out and save her after the building collapses on her while she's underwater

Wishful thinking

Last edited:
Extended director's cut aren't going to change my perception of the film simply because I feel that you need to make the movie shorter to improve the film. The last thing the film needs is to be longer

Take out the extended alternate universe sequences in the desert and Bruce's hallucination of future Barry

Take out the clip of WW looking at the clips of Flash Aquaman and Cyborg

Put versions of both clips in the post scene sequences instead

Take out almost all the unnecessary slow-mos and cutting to parts of Bat's life

Cut out Clark talking to his dead Dad for no reason

Cut out some more bs that added nothing to the main story

It was a 2.5 hour long film. With the amount of nothing that happened, it didn't have to be. Be concise, to the point, don't drag things out needlessly, and you have a 1.45 hour movie that could be more enjoyable.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom