DC Studios THREAD - GunnVerse Begins - The Penguin out 9/19 then every Sunday on MAX

it happens in arrow and the flash tv shows all the time, blatantly lazy "detective work". basically you get item from crime, give to tech person or scan it on a computer, then beep boop beep, now you have all the answers you want. 

the only example of actual detective work in a dc movie was when lois found out about clark in MoS 

Should have been a straight superman sequel.. You can still heavily sprinkle in batman and even Wonder Woman.. He'll have cameos from other justice league members to set up their films

But batman is their because he's paranoid and wants to basically do reconnaissance on supes.. Which would make sense.. So we see him in the shadows whenever supes is doing shh

He's also doing the same thing on lex as Bruce, like what he did with his company in TDK

But most importantly batman ain't there to pick a fight, he's there to do his homework

It's lex who is plotting on supes and building suits and getting the kryptonite

Wonder Woman is also there to check it out.. Then both have to come out at the end to help supes out in the end when the krptonite and a crap load of lex bots attack supes

Snyder is going an abnormal amount of explaining lol

Each new day there is another story of him breaking down a decision he made. I kind of wish he was more standoffish instead of justifying everything to the press

I'm about to call radishes on that.

Reminds me of the amount of users suddenly rated the movie fresh on RT :lol: Aint no damn 150k ppl rushed to RT to rate the movie.

I wish the poll had the option to show who voted.

It's only 113 people *yeshrug*

Which tells me more NTers liked it than didn't

Lex could of just rigged a kryptonite bomb and killed Supes in the senate :lol:

We're in super nitpick territory but the logic of this film is still baffling

The drop off from fri to sun makes me wonder about how large the second weekend drop off is going to be.

Its 3 day opening in China was 57 mil. Not sure how big Transformers 3 performed over there on its opening weekend, but I don't think BvS is going to make 300 mil over there like transformers did

Last edited:

Not when the only people in the world aware of Kryptonite also know that Lex Luthor owns it all :lol:

Last edited:
Lex could of just rigged a kryptonite bomb and killed Supes in the senate
laugh.gif

No, because it would've been revealed as a deliberate attack against Superman. Remember, the government already had suspected foul play. The idea was to create chaos and eventually conflict. Lex needed the public to hate Superman, not kill him.

^^ projected drop off as of right now is something like 60% which would be around 70 million for next week.

Link was posted back a few pages ago I think, WW estimate gross is 925M

What kind of reactions did the trailers get in y'all screening?

in mines Ghostbusters got loud applause, Tarzan got a few people yelling out "**** YEAAA!!" but strangely Suicide Squad got some boos

Lego Batman had really loud laughs throughout and when it ended basically got as loud an ovation of any moment in BvS besides WW's entrance

Ghostbusters got silence

^^ projected drop off as of right now is something like 60% which would be around 70 million for next week.

No really a movie guy so is that considered bad?

Last edited:
Still think it'll holdover well enough internationally for a Billi,it's almost halfway there already

Last edited:

Not when the only people in the world aware of Kryptonite also know that Lex Luthor owns it all :lol:
Aren't the only people who know about Kryptonite also in the Senate attack though?

And the "He just wanted the public to hate Superman" thing is a pretty weak argument because his end goal was to kill Superman, the move just needed it to be endlessly convoluted.

No really a movie guy so is that considered bad?
The dropoff is about average. Anything less than 55% change from week one to week two is considered great and usually shows the film has legs.

If you're talking about the total gross number.. ehh that's complicated http://deadline.com/2016/03/batman-v-superman-opening-weekend-box-office-records-1201726300/

Aren't the only people who know about Kryptonite also in the Senate attack though?

And the "He just wanted the public to hate Superman" thing is a pretty weak argument because his end goal was to kill Superman, the move just needed it to be endlessly convoluted.
The dropoff is about average. Anything less than 55% change from week one to week two is considered great and usually shows the film has legs.

If you're talking about the total gross number.. ehh that's complicated http://deadline.com/2016/03/batman-v-superman-opening-weekend-box-office-records-1201726300/

IIRC there were military guys like the dude from MoS who were aware of the existence of kryptonite

As to why Lex wanted to make Superman look bad, **** it that's pretty classic Lex Luthor to me :lol:

Don't forget he wanted to kill the Senator because she was privy to his psychosis

Last edited:
Y'all act like Justice League Unlimited didn't have him spend millions (And brag about it) on a fake Presidential campaign to tick Superman off and make him look bad. Lex Luthor is and always has been an extremely petty man, regardless of how he sees himself. The explosion at the hearing is spot on for him.

Honestly is not really a gripe of mines it just something that popped up :lol:

I feel like that scene could pretty much been cut entirely because they really only reference it for 10 seconds on a news cast in the background of a scene when they have people burning Superman dolls on tv

If I'm remembering it wrong please correct me.

Take out the clip of WW looking at the clips of Flash Aquaman and Cyborg

I really think if this part was put at the absolute end, moviegoers wouldn't have such a bad taste in their mouths. Like if Bruce gave Diana the decrypted files at the funeral and then the computer scene would have been after credits. It was pretty useless where it was originally put in.

Last edited:
I really think if this part was put at the absolute end, moviegoers wouldn't have such a bad taste in their mouths. Like if Bruce gave Diana the decrypted files at the funeral and then the computer scene would have been after credits. It was pretty useless where it was originally put in.

This scene would have worked perfectly post-credits

Isn't batman teaming up with tmnt in a current comic series? I need that crossover movie. It would be so epicly bad that I would enjoy it so much.

A Michael Bay / Zack Snyder crossover movie. It will be the first movie with a negative score but the ultimate cash cow.

Honestly is not really a gripe of mines it just something that popped up
laugh.gif

I feel like that scene could pretty much been cut entirely because they really only reference it for 10 seconds on a news cast in the background of a scene when they have people burning Superman dolls on tv

The explosion was meant to rile up not only the public, but Batman as well. How could Lex have weaponized Kryptonite as a deterrent if Superman and all known Kryptonians were dead?

Last edited:
Honestly is not really a gripe of mines it just something that popped up :lol:

The explosion was meant to rile up not only the public, but Batman as well. How could Lex have weaponized Kryptonite as a deterrent if Superman and all known Kryptonians were dead?

I don't understand the question.

What I was initially saying is his plot is unnecessarily convoluted. He could of just killed Superman there and 90% of the people who knew he even had Kryptonite in one swoop. And if he killed Superman then his plan to weaponize the Kryptonite would of been a success, no?

(*This type of logic can be applied to almost all these films though so I'm not trying to have an argument about it lol.
Ultron could of killed pretty much each Avenger when Scarlet Witch had their heads all ****** up
)

And following the information that's within the film, his real play was to turn the public against Superman with the bombing and piss Batman off with the letters (that he wasn't even seeing until the day of the bombing so maybe Lex rigged that part too). And he knows that Bruce is aware that the Krytonite is in His possession so he was also planning to be robbed of it. So basically his plan was to get the Kryptonite and have Batman steal it to weaponize it in his battle with Superman.

Which leads to an actual gripe

And I'm guessing he was expecting Superman to kill Batman but be weakened enough by the Kryptonite for Doomsday to easily wash him (?) because if his plan was depended on Batman winning then unleashing Doomsday would practically be just creating a mass extinction event :lol:
i mean either batman wins and doomsday ends the world

or batman hurts superman to the point where he cant stop doomsday and doomsday ends the world :lol:

Last edited:
So we're supposed to believe that Lex had a back-up plan to kill Doomsday if Doomsday killed both Bats/Supes?

Or was it a philosophical theme that man can't control what he creates?

I'm gonna stop *****ing about this movie because with how they're hyping up the "Ultimate Cut" I'm just assuming this is the studios' vision and not the actual filmmakers. I'll give Zach the benefit of a doubt until July

If you guys are into podcasts, check out /Filmcasts review. Hilarious.:lol:
JUST got done with it :lol: I think the film broke Jeff's brain

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom